ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

That's a bit different than claiming to have seen combat.

Is his comment misleading? Yes. But at the end of the day the dude was called into active duty, forced to carry a weapon, and sent overseas carrying a rifle in support of a war campaign. Yeah Turkey and Italy weren't glamorous or all that risky. But he still did his duty.

Some real toxic gatekeeping. It would be like me criticizing the Soldiers who deployed to Kuwait and just weren't "lucky" enough to push into a combat theatre and get shot at like I was. Or criticizing JD Vance because he was a photographer in a non-combat role.

Login to view embedded media

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Is his comment misleading? Yes. But at the end of the day the dude was called into active duty, forced to carry a weapon, and sent overseas carrying a rifle in support of a war campaign. Yeah Turkey and Italy weren't glamorous or all that risky. But he still did his duty.

Some real toxic gatekeeping. It would be like me criticizing the Soldiers who deployed to Kuwait and just weren't "lucky" enough to push into a combat theatre and get shot at like I was. Or criticizing JD Vance because he was a photographer in a non-combat role.

I don't think it's different than claiming to have seen comat at all.

And I recall you insulting another poster for arguing semantics, like you're doing here.

But again, I acknowledge the futility of this attempt up front.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

He went to Italy for training.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

He claimed to carry weapons "in war". CNN correspondent fact checks as false.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Yes. Heard on radio, so no link, but he attained the higher rank, only to lose it because one of the conditions was to deploy with his unit.

When they were to deploy, he resigns, loses the higher rank and retires at a lower rank. But still claims the higher rank.

With proper word smithing, you could make true statements about him attaining that higher rank, just not keeping it.
I edited my previous response.
Reactions: cockofdawn

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

He also lies about his final rank.

Yes. Heard on radio, so no link, but he attained the higher rank, only to lose it because one of the conditions was to deploy with his unit.

When they were to deploy, he resigns, loses the higher rank and retires at a lower rank. But still claims the higher rank.

With proper word smithing, you could make true statements about him attaining that higher rank, just not keeping it.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

I haven't seen anything where he claimed to be in combat. Everything I've seen is he deployed to Europe in support of OEF and then retired before his unit went to Iraq.

He claimed to carry weapons "in war". CNN correspondent fact checks as false.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Someone played a clip of him discussing gun control and how he was against people having the guns he had "in combat".

He quite clearly made claims that were not true.

But he did serve for 24 years in the reserves. Resigning just before he was to be deployed to Iraq.
He also lies about his final rank. One document I saw says something like soldier not available for signature. That kind of sounds like AWOL doesn't it?

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

24 years of a weekend a month doesn't equal 24 years of service. Listen to his claims and listen to the claims of the men who served with him. Dig into it. Educate yourself. The ignorant can be educated. Stupid can't be fixed.

Someone played a clip of him discussing gun control and how he was against people having the guns he had "in combat".

He quite clearly made claims that were not true.

But he did serve for 24 years in the reserves. Resigning just before he was to be deployed to Iraq.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

As someone who is still currently serving, I understand how 24 years of service isn’t stolen valor.
24 years of a weekend a month doesn't equal 24 years of service. Listen to his claims and listen to the claims of the men who served with him. Dig into it. Educate yourself. The ignorant can be educated. Stupid can't be fixed.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

I’ve been around since the early Eisenhower administration, Lurker, and have been a student of history and a high school history teacher for over 40 years, and I’ve never seen anything like what’s been going on in the country the past 12-15 years. It is frightening and depressing. I don’t think this country or this world is going to come out of this any good. It’s a fractured country and a fractured world.

Can't disagree.

Perhaps we've had "lesser of two evils" for longer, but the choices have been getting worse over time?
Reactions: Neanderthal

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

I’ve been around since the early Eisenhower administration, Lurker, and have been a student of history and a high school history teacher for over 40 years, and I’ve never seen anything like what’s been going on in the country the past 12-15 years. It is frightening and depressing. I don’t think this country or this world is going to come out of this any good. It’s a fractured country and a fractured world.
Reactions: Lurker123

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Tell us what you like about the Harris/Waltz ticket Watson.

You know - a policy based argument for why this is the way.

The reality is that no one has idea what any of Kamala’s policy positions are.

And she’s not doing any interviews or press conferences.

And there have been no debates to tease out her opinions, as there was no primary.

This is not a serious campaign.

You already posted the best reason. They're not anti-vaxxers.

Unsurprisingly, when I went to a combat zone my Soldiers that were afraid of the covid vaccine ended up being the most afraid guys to go on patrol.

Dawn Again

My daughter wouldn't be whining about it as much as you are. She's tougher than that and is fine with them competing given the info we have.

The Russians can't get their story straight. But you keep relying on them. I'm fine with that.

Let's review again, sigh..

Roberts claims Khelif and Lin were first tested at the 2022 World Championships in Istanbul, Turkey but no action was taken as the results were "inconclusive".

Roberts (CEO) said the pair had "chromosome tests" but Kremlev (President) suggested the tests were to determine the fighters' testosterone levels.

The IBA said the tests were sent to two different laboratories that are accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada). However, Wada has told BBC Sport it does not oversee gender tests or have anything to do with them.

Q: They were blood tests?

A: "Yes, blood tests." - CEO Roberts

Q: But you said those blood tests were inconclusive?

A: "Correct. For both boxers."

Q: What did the second blood tests tell you?

A: "Exactly the same. It gave us the same information. Inconclusive

Q: What were those tests designed to show? Your president said they were for testosterone?

A: "It was the chromosome thing. It was to identify that.

Q: Umar Kremlev said you tested them for testosterone...

A: "it was a gender test, blood test. I'm not going to state [Kremlev] was wrong."

Q: He said elevated levels of testosterone...

A: "Well, there are elevated levels of testosterone in that testing.

Q: Kremlev said testosterone, you're saying XY chromosome. We are not further forward in understanding...

A: "OK."

Turns out Gomer's Russian accusations he learned of on DAVE AI were once again false.

The MD is actually Greek. I'm not sure how Dave makes it out of bed in the morning. :)

Login to view embedded media

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Gotta love criticizing someone that served 24 years when you're voting for guy who dodged vietnam.

Tell us what you like about the Harris/Waltz ticket Watson.

You know - a policy based argument for why this is the way.

The reality is that no one has idea what any of Kamala’s policy positions are.

And she’s not doing any interviews or press conferences.

And there have been no debates to tease out her opinions, as there was no primary.

This is not a serious campaign.

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

Walz appears to be the first normal person to run on the ticket in at least 40 years.

Another troll avenue for you?

Waltz abandoned his foxhole Watson, but you know that.

He also cheered on BLM riots and watched his state burn.

And he installed tampoons in men's bathrooms.

And he offered large monetary incentives to push a toxic vaccine on children.

Just for starters....
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT