ADVERTISEMENT

$100,000 to do this...

Why you wanna lie? You cant deal facts so you TRY to make stuff up.

What am I lying about? I asked a question. Did he use the jet to go to UF's spring practices?

It's clearly well documented with pictures that he went to attend their spring practices. I am asking you if he used our jet to go there.

Furthermore - Spurrier's asinine "off the cuff" remarks have cost the program enough. Reference "I'll coach 2 or 3 more years" if you need to refresh on that subject.

Check out the sweet Carolina visor he's wearing for us at Florida's practice on March 16th. You just can't buy that type of publicity!

hackman-spurrier.jpg

What am I lying about? I asked a question. Did he use the jet to go to UF's spring practices?

It's clearly well documented with pictures that he went to attend their spring practices. I am asking you if he used our jet to go there.

Furthermore - Spurrier's asinine "off the cuff" remarks have cost the program enough. Reference "I'll coach 2 or 3 more years" if you need to refresh on that subject.
If you didnt know, why would you even bring it up? You do know there are airlines that fly to Florida all day. Oh and the University doesnt have a Jet, It has a Superking.

Check out the sweet Carolina visor he's wearing for us at Florida's practice on March 16th. You just can't buy that type of publicity!

hackman-spurrier.jpg
Aww, are you butt hurt he doesnt wear Carolina stuff everyday? You guys are too much.

You are as dumb as a brick. If you think Spurrier listed his his entire job description in an off the cuff remark then there is no helping you
Jeri, is that you? Or is this Jr.? Maybe it's Ray? We all anxiously await to hear a full description of the job for which we pay him $100,000/yr. Do us all a favor by not coming back until you spell this out for us since you no doubt are aware of all of the details. Certainly, nobody with your keen insight and extensive knowledge would come on to a free sports board and just spew insults and contrarian views without anything to back it up. Amirite?

Yeah, but the optics are bad. SC is a poor state. SOS is being paid approx 3x the median income of the state to do nothing. Talk about a golden parachute. You can come up with all the nice sounding explanations you want for a guy who never won a championship at SC, but the fact remains we paid him tens of millions. It just doesn't look good.

I haven't read the whole thread, but think about this for a minute. How much has U$C brought in ...because .... of S.S.? During those 4 glory years, our program grew by leaps and bounds in revenue, and recognition. About 70% of all giving to university programs happens during football season. A winning team boosts giving all across the board to the university, not just to athletics. S.S. has also donated hundreds of thousands back to the university. The talking heads of college football still love him, and so do legions of fans. $100,000 per year to spread good will (regardless of how anyone feels about how he left) is chump change compared to what he has brought in.

Yeah, but the optics are bad. SC is a poor state. SOS is being paid approx 3x the median income of the state to do nothing. Talk about a golden parachute. You can come up with all the nice sounding explanations you want for a guy who never won a championship at SC, but the fact remains we paid him tens of millions. It just doesn't look good.

"For a guy who never won a championship at SC"....
Most SC fans never even dreamed about a Championship before Spurrier. We were over the moon if the team made a bowl game. You owe many thanks to Spurrier for even thinking about SC and championship in the same sentence.

I know there is lots of old agendas here but damn folks. $100k, if accurate for SOS, is what it is. We were probably gonna pay ML $70k to chat with players and teach life skills. Thinking of AD money in the real world is not going to make sense. We are going to spend over $50,000,000 to move our NEW weight room and NEW coaches offices to a NEWER facility. And spend more after that for something else.

Your head is as hard as granite. The "Administrative role" is to promote USC. According to the man himself, all he does is walk around or play golf with a USC visor. If that's worth $100k to you, then you pay him.

The truth is he was originally supposed to act as an advisor to the AD. If he did that, I'd be cool with the pay.

A quick Google Search will tell you he is doing a lot more than just wearing a visor. I'm sure you are capable but that wouldn't fit your typically negative narrative. I'll help you out by letting you know about one of his responsibilities: meeting with donors and raising money. I'm guessing that he has already raised enough money since he took this role to pay his salary and then some. But you can go ahead and ignore that and continue your role as the most miserable "gamecock".

Jeri, is that you? Or is this Jr.? Maybe it's Ray? We all anxiously await to hear a full description of the job for which we pay him $100,000/yr. Do us all a favor by not coming back until you spell this out for us since you no doubt are aware of all of the details. Certainly, nobody with your keen insight and extensive knowledge would come on to a free sports board and just spew insults and contrarian views without anything to back it up. Amirite?
Yet you feel the need to blast a coach who did things this University has never seen with no proof whatsoever! What details do you have Eeyore? None thats what. Why dont you kick rocks on over to Clemtown?

That's just your opinion.

If you ran a company, would you reward a good employee who you found out was stealing from the company? I wouldn't.
Stealing? Honestly you dont even deserve a response with a ridiculous comment like that. Lunacy.

Spurrier got old and ran out of steam. I believe, although I have no proof, he was talked into staying longer than he wished. Not to put too fine a point on it but to compare his $100k salary to the average professor's is specious. If an "average" professor can bring the buzz Spurrier can then they aren't average..really not a valid comparison. Further, I wonder just how much money Spurrier donated to the University during his coaching tenure. Many hundreds of thousands I believe.

Why waste your typing skills trying to explain to some of the morons on this board.

Reactions: german cock
Yet you feel the need to blast a coach who did things this University has never seen with no proof whatsoever! What details do you have Eeyore? None thats what. Why dont you kick rocks on over to Clemtown?

So you'll know..........Atlanta Cock is one of the board "realist." If you get my drift.....

Reactions: german cock
So you'll know..........Atlanta Cock is one of the board "realist." If you get my drift.....
Oh I get it. I was around before this "realist" ever signed up for this board. He's a cancer to the University.

Oh I get it. I was around before this "realist" ever signed up for this board. He's a cancer to the University.

We should take up a collection and pay Atl Cock to stay off the board. Best publicity we could buy.

Reactions: USC-1
Yes, it is stealing from the University to accept a salary when not doing the work you are being paid to do.
You dont know half of what he does. I'll tell you this, I guess President Pastidies , Ray Tanner and the entire Board of Directors are idiots right? They give Spurrier 100,000 to wear his Visor? Even you cant believe this.

You dont know half of what he does. I'll tell you this, I guess President Pastidies , Ray Tanner and the entire Board of Directors are idiots right? They give Spurrier 100,000 to wear his Visor? Even you cant believe this.
Pastides, Ray Tanner and the Board of Trustees are not perfect and can and have made mistakes.

Did you pay any attention to our coaching search?

You know, the search where we had a 2 month head start on everyone in CFB.

Tanner, Pastides, and the BOD botched that entire process. I'm happy we have Muschamp. But Tanner's courtesy interview for Rich Rod backfired and brought us a lot of negative publicity.

I don't care what Spurrier's responsibilities are. He's a liar and quit midseason. Generally, you don't get rehired by your employer after you quit halfway through a job. Then again, Tanner and the boys continued to pay him for the rest of 2015 AFTER HE FREAKIN QUIT. You can't make this stuff up.

Did you pay any attention to our coaching search?

You know, the search where we had a 2 month head start on everyone in CFB.

Tanner, Pastides, and the BOD botched that entire process. I'm happy we have Muschamp. But Tanner's courtesy interview for Rich Rod backfired and brought us a lot of negative publicity.

I don't care what Spurrier's responsibilities are. He's a liar and quit midseason. Generally, you don't get rehired by your employer after you quit halfway through a job. Then again, Tanner and the boys continued to pay him for the rest of 2015 AFTER HE FREAKIN QUIT. You can't make this stuff up.
Again, you know what you read in Newspapers and blogs. Contact me when you have direct proof of how our job search went.

Yes, it is stealing from the University to accept a salary when not doing the work you are being paid to do.
I'm assuming from this statement that you know Spurrier's official job description and work requirements. Because if you don't, you are just blathering. Somehow I seriously doubt that he agreed to a 40 hour a week job making $100,000 per year.

I'm assuming from this statement that you know Spurrier's official job description and work requirements. Because if you don't, you are just blathering. Somehow I seriously doubt that he agreed to a 40 hour a week job making $100,000 per year.
After the way he left our football program, he should not be allowed anywhere near USC. He is a quitter and there is no reason USC needs to be associated with quitters.

After the way he left our football program, he should not be allowed anywhere near USC. He is a quitter and there is no reason USC needs to be associated with quitters.
Good job just ignoring my observation and just continuing with another aspect of your rant, which has been going on intermittently for months and months.

Good job just ignoring my observation and just continuing with another aspect of your rant, which has been going on intermittently for months and months.
When you are right, there is no need to stop commenting.

USC should not have anything to do with Spurrier after the way he left our football program. Desperate losers are ones who try to hang onto something from the past that is long gone.

Bottom Line - Spurrier made a smug comment about how little his responsibilities are. He basically just rubbed our noses in it. It's not a big deal - he was getting paid 4 million a year and did very little the last 2 years he was here. Check our running back depth for proof of that.

Congrats Spurrier - You got hooked up with a salary and benefits from the good ole boys. I know you will do very little and still earn 6 figures. The politicians of our state have made us used to people like you.

It doesn't matter what his job description is - any program with a backbone would not let him near campus after the way he left us.

If Dabo quits after the FSU game and then is hired by their AD - what would FGF's reaction to that be? Because a NC game participant that has embraced his school would attract a lot more donations than some coach who earned his accolades in the 90s and won a division with a 8-5 team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT