ADVERTISEMENT

$100,000 to do this...

No, I do not celebrate a coach who deserted our football program in the middle of the season. That is certainly not the sign of a winner.

Do you think USC will vie for the SEC championship in football this year? I will be glad to take that bet with you.
Who took us to our ONLY SEC East Championship and SEC Title Game?

I'm sorry, I didnt know acting like a Debbie downer EVERY SINGLE DAY was helping the University like you do Eeyore.
It's all perspective, I guess. I don't think Tanner is the man for the job. With just a couple of exceptions, across the board our teams are less successful now than a few years ago. If you think that's being negative, sorry. But, my opinion is rooted in facts.

It's all perspective, I guess. I don't think Tanner is the man for the job. With just a couple of exceptions, across the board our teams are less successful now than a few years ago. If you think that's being negative, sorry. But, my opinion is rooted in facts.
Let me fix it for you, "you dont think ANYONE" is the man for the job.

Let me make it simple for you, You said this " Atlanta Cock, you will find that when a person resorts to personal attacks they are indicating they have nothing else. You should take the personal attack as a compliment because it shows you have bested that person."

You said those who support Spurrier and the Administration are" Desperate losers".

Class dismissed
No, I never said that.

You have a problem comprehending what is being said.

Perhaps you should attend class! :p

Who took us to our ONLY SEC East Championship and SEC Title Game?
In 22 years. And he got waxed. Then, 4 weeks later he got waxed again in the same building by an ACC team. He isn't God. But, if that ceiling is good enough for you, fine. I appreciate what he did for us, but I want more.

The fact that we've been to the SECC 1 time and we've won exactly 1 season SEC in men's basketball (no tourneys) in 22 years ought to clue you in to the fact that not everything we do at SC is good or worth repeating. It's not unreasonable to discuss methods or strategies of improvement.

In 22 years. And he got waxed. Then, 4 weeks later he got waxed again in the same building by an ACC team. He isn't God. But, if that ceiling is good enough for you, fine. I appreciate what he did for us, but I want more.

The fact that we've been to the SECC 1 time and we've won exactly 1 season SEC in men's basketball (no tourneys) in 22 years ought to clue you in to the fact that not everything we do at SC is good or worth repeating. It's not unreasonable to discuss methods or strategies of improvement.
I think the bar is just much, much lower for some.

Yes, without me, you would not be addressing the truth.

Sure. I guess Tanner, Pastides, the entire BOT, the rest of the administration, and millions of USC alumni and fans who support Spurrier as an ambassador aren't "addressing the truth"? LOL. Unreal.

Right, because hiring a coaching legend that has brought your program to it's highest level ever, and receiving tons of positive PR and fundraising benefits because of him is "promoting mediocrity". Brilliant!
But, if he basically destroys everything he did in virtually 1.5 seasons and puts us right back in Brad Scott land, what did he really accomplish? Nobody across the country discusses SC football anymore. We're back to being an underachieving afterthought. That's what he left behind. Should we pay that guy to wear a hat? When's the last time you saw him on TV or anywhere in the media spreading goodwill for SC?

When major programs like Michigan, Notre Dame, So Cal or Ohio State have down years they remain relevant and, fairly or not, are mentioned often by the likes of ESPN. Nobody mentions us, despite Spurrier's so called goodwill program.

How bad did the other coaches that went to the SEC title game get beat?

So what Mr Know it all, can we do to achieve this greatness you think has avoided us because of poor coaching choices and having less then adequate AD's? Tell us what magic wand you can wave to put us all out of your misery.

Sure. I guess Tanner, Pastides, the entire BOT, the rest of the administration, and millions of USC alumni and fans who support Spurrier as an ambassador aren't "addressing the truth"? LOL. Unreal.
Get back to us when the USC football program starts winning on a regular basis. Then, you might have a valid point.

How bad did the other coaches that went to the SEC title game get beat?

So what Mr Know it all, can we do to achieve this greatness you think has avoided us because of poor coaching choices and having less then adequate AD's? Tell us what magic wand you can wave to put us all out of your misery.
I'm an American. I'm all about exceptionalism. You'll find guys like Patton, the Bear and Lombardi felt the same. You know, you can support your program and still seek improvement.

Millions? Gotta link? I doubt that's true. There are a bunch who are glad he's gone and a bunch who don't like the way he left last season.

Get back to us when the USC football program starts winning on a regular basis. Then, you might have a valid point.
Yeah, just go fire all of them cause they all suck and stuff! I'm the only one who cares about our football program thats why im here popping off on a message board!! You guys are just desperate losers cause you let that loser Spurrier hang around and pay him for wearing a hat!! Spurrier hates us and always has. It was his plan to come here and destroy the program but you guys are too dumb to see that!!!

Spurrier is there to raise funds and promote USC. Get back to me when you can connect Spurrier to being an ambassador for my school, and winning games on the football field under Coach Muschamp. Then you might actually HAVE a point. Thanks.

Reactions: USC-1
I'm an American. I'm all about exceptionalism. You'll find guys like Patton, the Bear and Lombardi felt the same. You know, you can support your program and still seek improvement.
Sure can, and you can also support the program without posting endless negative posts almost everyday. Try something positive a few times a year, it might make that heart grow two sizes to big.

Yeah, just go fire all of them cause they all suck and stuff! I'm the only one who cares about our football program thats why im here popping off on a message board!! You guys are just desperate losers cause you let that loser Spurrier hang around and pay him for wearing a hat!! Spurrier hates us and always has. It was his plan to come here and destroy the program but you guys are too dumb to see that!!!
Well, with an attitude that champions mediocrity, we will never be any better than mediocre.

We are desperate losers? :p We are not the ones praising a coach who deserted his team and quit in the middle of the 3-9 season. You may want to rethink that one.

Hymans gone.
I know. I was responding to your post that infers I don't like anyone at SC. You're wrong. I like Tanner as our coach, but not as our AD. I liked SOS when he tried to win. I didn't when he put it on cruise control. I liked McGuire. I liked Felton and Parsons and thought it was a mistake to fire them. The list goes on.

Spurrier is there to raise funds and promote USC. Get back to me when you can connect Spurrier to being an ambassador for my school, and winning games on the football field under Coach Muschamp. Then you might actually HAVE a point. Thanks.
Hmmm, hiring a quitter of a 3-9 team to promote your program doesn't seem like a real good idea.

I fully support Coach Muschamp but am sorry he was left with the mess he was.

Well, with an attitude that champions mediocrity, we will never be any better than mediocre.

We are desperate losers? :p We are not the ones praising a coach who deserted his team and quit in the middle of the 3-9 season. You may want to rethink that one.
Spurrier as coach, Millions of dollars from UA and the SEC, upgraded facilities that match most in the country, fan base that is as loyal as any.. so tell me what was keeping us from winning the SEC?

Sure can, and you can also support the program without posting endless negative posts almost everyday. Try something positive a few times a year, it might make that heart grow two sizes to big.
It's not endless. It's recent years when SOS put it on cruise control and put his kid in charge. That's when my posts began to change. I generally give all coaches a fair amount of time up front. I'll do the same for Boom. I do so even Sparky and Fat Brad. But, once it becomes apparent that it's over I'll voice my opinion.

Spurrier as coach, Millions of dollars from UA and the SEC, upgraded facilities that match most in the country, fan base that is as loyal as any.. so tell me what was keeping us from winning the SEC?
That's a different question and you'll get a bunch of opinions.

Yes, and Spurrier ruined it all when he deserted his team and literally quit on them in the middle of a 3-9 season.

I do when there's something positive to post, but keep in mind I really only care about football. I'll follow basketball, but not as passionately. I don't follow baseball at all. You won't see any posts from me about baseball. If they're winning, that's why you won't see "positive" posts from me about baseball.

Yes, and Spurrier ruined it all when he deserted his team and literally quit on them in the middle of a 3-9 season.
No, you dont understand. We had all that at our peak with Spurrier and still couldnt win it, why?

Thats why Im askin. Whats yours?
It's going to take a lot. Money, facilitie, recruiting and coaching. The trick is going to be overcoming the image that SC can't win. That'll take a proven coach. The other issue is overcoming the image that Cola isn't as hip as places like Athens and Austin. The latter isn't something a coach can do by himself. It's doable, but it'll be tough.

Frankly, I think improving the academic reputation will help too. People pooh pooh the rankings of USN&WR but that stuff matters in the world of perception. If Cola is perceived as not a great town, it can be overcome if the reputation of the school was high. JMHO.

W
It's going to take a lot. Money, facilitie, recruiting and coaching. The trick is going to be overcoming the image that SC can't win. That'll take a proven coach. The other issue is overcoming the image that Cola isn't as hip as places like Athens and Austin. The latter isn't something a coach can do by himself. It's doable, but it'll be tough.

Frankly, I think improving the academic reputation will help too. People pooh pooh the rankings of USN&WR but that stuff matters in the world of perception. If Cola is perceived as not a great town, it can be overcome if the reputation of the school was high. JMHO.
Watch this..... I agree with you. Its not something a coach can do by himself and from what I saw Spurrier took it as far as he could go. He did an amazing job and hopefully built enough of a foundation to get us to the next level.

W

Watch this..... I agree with you. Its not something a coach can do by himself and from what I saw Spurrier took it as far as he could go. He did an amazing job and hopefully built enough of a foundation to get us to the next level.
I agree. Love the color he brought to W-B.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT