ADVERTISEMENT

105.5 The ROAR

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
I went to Clemson yesterday for a funeral and was just surfing the radio when i ran across 105.5. This was in the morning between 1030ish-1130ish. I could NOT believe what i was hearing. I had never heard of this station before.

2 guys were co-hosting this show. They seemed to kinda play good cop/bad cop. Dont remember their names.

They flat out said that USC was BAD for college football because of the coaching changes we had take place the weekend after signing day.
Then they made fun of Bobo's health issues.
Then they ridiculed how many different positions Bentley had coached while on staff. Laughed about the number of business cards he must have.
Then they wondered if Cola ever got a XFL team if people would support it or would we leave at halftime. Then they started giggling about how great it would be for Spurrier to return to Cola as a XFL coach.

After that i reached my destination. Is that station always so anti - USC?

I think that sort of Bs on open display in the upstate is why some USC fans are frustrated by 107.5 which always plays to the middle on the rivalry. “Well clemzun is a really good team and we can just hope to get to where they are...”. Meanwhile the assclowns on their shows are cracking jokes at our expense and acting like 5 year olds running a podcast. Meanwhile- We used to have a tater on the morning show for the “home of the Gamecocks”.

2 guys were co-hosting this show. They seemed to kinda play good cop/bad cop. Dont remember their names.

What did they actually say? It’s a bit hard to believe they would poke fun at a man’s health issues. Karma has a way of coming down on people like that.

Reactions: gcobob and okccock
Welcome to Upstate radio and WCCP. In that time frame, you were listening to Brad Senkiw and Ben Milstead. Brad used to be the Clemson beat reporter at the Anderson Independent. Ben produces Roy Philpott's show and Clemson football and basketball radio broadcasts. Both of these guys are Clemson tools, and yes, they will poke fun at ANYTHING related to USC.

What did they actually say? It’s a bit hard to believe they would poke fun at a man’s health issues. Karma has a way of coming down on people like that.
I guess Bobo has an issue with his feet that makes it difficult for him to walk. They were giggling about it and wondering whether or not Bobos mobility issues would mean Coach Bentley would have to do more. Then 1 of them would giggle and say something about if Bobo had to sit all the time and did he require a special chair, things of that nature.

Well i dont have an answer on how to combat that type of negativity. My hat goes off to you upstate fans. I dont know how you stand it.

Meanwhile i turned on 107.5 yesterday in Cola cause i wanted to hear about the USC women beating UConn. I tried to listen to Tommy and Pearson but honestly, they are so boring i took a nap. Seriously.

Reactions: Ragin Rooster
I guess Bobo has an issue with his feet that makes it difficult for him to walk. They were giggling about it and wondering whether or not Bobos mobility issues would mean Coach Bentley would have to do more. Then 1 of them would giggle and say something about if Bobo had to sit all the time and did he require a special chair, things of that nature.
He has an autoimmune disorder that causes peripheral neuropathy.

You Should have to live in the upstate & listen to that drivel Sick.. With no other viable sports radio here it is 105.5 or nothing. I have chose nothing . Those clowns are 100% Tater Tec & you can COMPLETELY forget about any kind of unbiased reporting .

Reactions: jonesz21

BoBo is on record saying this is something he has recovered from, has to deal with but he is much better and he can perform his job.

beyond that, it’s irresponsible for anyone to speculate if he can do his job, especially two people that are linked at the hip with a rival school.

as I said, Karma has a way.....

Last edited:
Well i dont have an answer on how to combat that type of negativity. My hat goes off to you upstate fans. I dont know how you stand it.

Meanwhile i turned on 107.5 yesterday in Cola cause i wanted to hear about the USC women beating UConn. I tried to listen to Tommy and Pearson but honestly, they are so boring i took a nap. Seriously.
Tommy is pretty coma-inducing. You should hear him by himself. Ugh! It's basically listening to an old man sucking on a mint and reading the sports section to you over the air.

Thankfully, they seem to be going out of their way to avoid that nowadays.

You Should have to live in the upstate & listen to that drivel Sick.. With no other viable sports radio here it is 105.5 or nothing. I have chose nothing . Those clowns are 100% Tater Tec & you can COMPLETELY forget about any kind of unbiased reporting .
That station sucks.

I like the noon hour because Kimrey is on it and I like Pearson because he brings a youthful enthusiasm. I guess that'll change if he gets the gig at USC if the rumors are true. But that 1 to 4 slot is soooo boring and they seem to not be discussing the obvious topic at hand a lot of the time. I guess that's because it's 3 hours and they can't cover the same topic the entire time. It doesn't take long to get bored hearing soccer, MLB, Van Halen and KISS.

Last edited:
Reactions: okccock
I question why you listened that long. That place is like a Jim Jones Cult, they control audio and video access to athletics by threatening any news media not drinking the kookaid. They only release what they want: Results from the internal Ostatine investigation and the home invasion by football players on another football player are good examples of crap that never was released publicly!

Brad and Ben mostly suck. Qualk and Kelly are better, and Walt is the best on that program. The afternoon is much better than the morning. Kelly was talking about how great Dawn Staley is - she compared her to Dabbo yesterday and a bunch of Carolina fans roasted her on Twitter.

I question why you listened that long. That place is like a Jim Jones Cult, they control audio and video access to athletics by threatening any news media not drinking the kookaid. They only release what they want: Results from the internal Ostatine investigation and the home invasion by football players on another football player are good examples of crap that never was released publicly!
They also don't suspend players for failed drug tests until they fail the third. Thus, it's never reported that a player was suspended for a violation of team rules when it's for a failed drug test. All that happens is Dabo drops the news in a presser that that player and the school have agreed to parts ways. But that kid is the salt of the earth and it really was a completely mutual decision. That makes it seem like players don't use drugs up there as they do literally everywhere in the country. It maintains the wholesome-as-fresh-milk narrative they push.

I went to Clemson yesterday for a funeral and was just surfing the radio when i ran across 105.5. This was in the morning between 1030ish-1130ish. I could NOT believe what i was hearing. I had never heard of this station before.

They flat out said that USC was BAD for college football because of the coaching changes we had take place the weekend after signing day.
Then they ridiculed how many different positions Bentley had coached while on staff. Laughed about the number of business cards he must have.
Then they wondered if Cola ever got a XFL team if people would support it or would we leave at halftime. Then they started giggling about how great it would be for Spurrier to return to Cola as a XFL coach.

After that i reached my destination. Is that station always so anti - USC?
well the studio is located in Clemson and is the flagship station for CU sports.

They also don't suspend players for failed drug tests until they fail the third. Thus, it's never reported that a player was suspended for a violation of team rules when it's for a failed drug test. All that happens is Dabo drops the news in a presser that that player and the school have agreed to parts ways. But that kid is the salt of the earth and it really was a completely mutual decision. That makes it seem like players don't use drugs up there as they do literally everywhere in the country. It maintains the wholesome-as-fresh-milk narrative they push.
Didn't they invent synthetic weed up there

Sounds like the same immaturity expressed whenever someone suggests we join the rest of the world and fully adopt the metric system in the USA.

To use an oxymoron, we're actually "inching" our way towards metrication in many scientific, industrial, and medical applications.

Fortunately, we live in a free country and there's no mandate to listen to specifics stations.

Here in Atlanta, I have an Amazon Echo for the car bluetooth-paired with my phone for internet access, and an audio cable plugged into the aux port of the radio/receiver. Thus, when I leave for work, I say "Alexa, play 107.5 The Game." No 105.5 for me. Ever.

Last edited:
I KNEW someone would ask me this. I listened because i was curious. I also wanted to see if a USC fan would call in. And also because i really couldnt believe what i was listening to.

Reactions: mavcock
I KNEW someone would ask me this. I listened because i was curious. I also wanted to see if a USC fan would call in. And also because i really couldnt believe what i was listening to.

Fair enough. On my annual trip to Lake Jocassee, I’ll listen to a little of their programming. I don’t listen too long because I like to keep my appetite.

Reactions: atl-cock
Fair enough. On my annual trip to Lake Jocassee, I’ll listen to a little of their programming. I don’t listen too long because I like to keep my appetite.
Well i lasted an hour. Then admittedly i was busy. I headed back to Cola around 5p and did not listen to the afternoon show.

All money is green.
Ah, the Free Enterprise System! No wonder our business school is highly rated! Glad this guy's making money off of the Taters!

However, though I live up here, I can't abide WCCCP for more than 5 minutes at a time. Most of Walt's analysis is excellent, but there's still an orange-tinged bias to all the hosts. And the callers? Well...Hee Haw comes to mind.

Reactions: gcobob and NetworkX
It was probably Marc Ryan. I know he has a show in the Greenville area because he's on Twitter all the time trying to stir the pot. He's the biggest fan boy I've ever seen and it wouldn't surprise me if that was him.

I call in to Walt's show about once a week. They are all Clemson homers and they know how much I hate Clemson and Dabbo, but he treats me fairly. I go to his live remotes at Twin Peaks and he is fun to talk to.

It was probably Marc Ryan. I know he has a show in the Greenville area because he's on Twitter all the time trying to stir the pot. He's the biggest fan boy I've ever seen and it wouldn't surprise me if that was him.
One of those guys up there was posting all sorts of misinformation on Twitter about Jordan Burch that was getting picked up by the National media like SI.com. (One I remember in particular was that the USC Coaching Staff had delivered an ultimatim that the letter was to be in at 5 pm on a certain day or the offer would be rescinded.) Of course it was not in by 5 and no one rescinded anything so I am wondering how a Pickens County Radio personality acquired this "inside information." I think it was Ryan but can not be certain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT