ADVERTISEMENT

107.5 caller who just said...

Beamer comes across as a silver spoon fanboy and is hard to take serious. He is well spoken but is about as relatable to a blue collar fanbase as the fratboy driving a 70k truck daddy bought
So you're saying he's just like douchbag Datboy?🤔🙄

We have a lot more talent than Vandy and we won by 1. More to it than talent. We are a very poorly coached team on the offensive end.
Clempzin is LOADED with talent, but has lucked out several wins this year! Explain that! Thanks...

Our greatest HBC ever lost a couple of times to Vandy, and had a lot of close finishes to them.

We won because the team didn’t give up.
We won despite the coaching failures on the offensive side of the ball.

I support Beamer and Satterfield and am hopeful they will work through it but let's call a ♠️ a ♠️.

All that said, I agree the team didn't give up.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I can assure you, Tanner isn't a pansy. He may have to be more diplomatic in his role as AD, but as a coach/in the dugout, he had a mean streak when things weren't done his way. I'd be willing to bet the Tanner behind closed doors is different than the one we see.

A college coach (who assisted Tanner with his camps, and also his good friend) told me everyone sees the "smiling, kiss the babies, shake hands" Tanner, but he is an a$$hole in the dugout. He didn't put up with any BS.
A pitcher from the Bouknight era told me that Toman regularly had to pull Tanner off players he jacked up in the locker room. He said till this day he hates Tanner.

A pitcher from the Bouknight era told me that Toman regularly had to pull Tanner off players he jacked up in the locker room. He said till this day he hates Tanner.
Don't doubt it one bit. The narrative from some that Tanner is a pushover is false. He's probably made some mistakes along the way, all AD's do, nobody's perfect, and hindsight is 20/20. But I'll bet what goes on behind closed doors is a heckuva lot different than what it's portrayed to be by some.

I can assure you, Tanner isn't a pansy. He may have to be more diplomatic in his role as AD, but as a coach/in the dugout, he had a mean streak when things weren't done his way. I'd be willing to bet the Tanner behind closed doors is different than the one we see.

A college coach (who assisted Tanner with his camps, and also his good friend) told me everyone sees the "smiling, kiss the babies, shake hands" Tanner, but he is an a$$hole in the dugout. He didn't put up with any BS.
I can confirm.

Reactions: chief2791
BS. I’ve never thought of Tanner or Beamer as feminine.

The reason we aren’t good is we don’t have the talent. I’d say we’re the first SEC program in history to start a member of the coaching staff at QB, and the only college program in history to have a member of the coaching staff play QB and engineer a game winning drive with 97 seconds left and no time outs.

Either we have some stupid fans calling in, or it’s a Tater troll.
It is today’s society. Make up some dumdass comment and run with it. The other dumbasses will engage with you.

I guess they are mad Beamer doesn’t have that juggernaut he took over rolling by now.

A guy (sorry can't remember his name) just called into 107.5 and said the reason we aren't good is because our leader is too feminine.

What does that mean?
Was he referring to Ray Tanner or Coach Beamer?
Did anyone else hear this call.
Can't make this up.

Sorry.. I stopped listening to Sport Talk Show on the radio.. It made too fat listening to them while eating my Cheese and whine...

HIs actions speak otherwise.....worse AD since King Dixon

HIs actions speak otherwise.....worse AD since King Dixon
Nope.

We have one of the more financially successful Athletic Departments in the country. He makes sure other sports get support, which doesn’t always happen at other programs. Our facilities are very good, and improving.

You’re rating him on two football hires. Since the average tenure of a college HBC is about 3.8 years, obviously other AD’s have the same issue.

Nope.

We have one of the more financially successful Athletic Departments in the country. He makes sure other sports get support, which doesn’t always happen at other programs. Our facilities are very good, and improving.

You’re rating him on two football hires. Since the average tenure of a college HBC is about 3.8 years, obviously other AD’s have the same issue.
And the academics are the best ever, and that's important because sports exist because of the university....not the other way around.

A guy (sorry can't remember his name) just called into 107.5 and said the reason we aren't good is because our leader is too feminine.

What does that mean?
Was he referring to Ray Tanner or Coach Beamer?
Did anyone else hear this call.
Can't make this up.
Let me get this straight. A guy called Jay Phillips to discuss Beamer's femininity? Jay Phillips, on 107.5?

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
You are hard to take serious with stupid comments like these.

It is a message board filled with guys with fake names. I highly doubt credibility is anything that anyone is trying to achieve.

With that said Beamer is still a privelaged, rich daddy boy who hasn't struggled a day in his life. I and others have a hard time taking his ramblings seriously. If you buy into it then enjoy 4-8 football

So you're saying he's just like douchbag Datboy?🤔🙄

Dabo at least worked his ass off to get out of poverty and walked on to a NC Alabama team while getting playing time.

Dabo is still a douche though, but he is at least successful

His positive outlook is what we need. He just needs more talent and depth. Leave him alone and give the man time. Be realistic- the rest of the teams on our schedule have more talent. Maybe we can win, maybe we’ll go o’fer. Why would you “expect” to beat any of them. I hope we beat all of them but we will be underdogs. We don’t give up, that’s one positive.
So Beamer is going to turn this around? Huh! Let me make sure I remember this prediction psycock. I say you give Beamer ad this coaching staff all 5* and they will still suck as we don't have talent, more like coaching talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT