ADVERTISEMENT

40% of Gas Stations Are Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that the branded stations like BP, Shell etc would be served first because they had contracts with suppliers. That kind of makes sense then i saw an Indy convenient store with fuel. So who knows? Good luck in your search. It will be over soon then on to the next issue
it went like this...
Biden administration.... "OH MY, Covid is almost over?" "HURRY, bring out the Gas Shortage, and target Trump states" whats next?? I am guessing Chicken Shortage.. What?? oops already happened?? Nevermind.. UMM... "Pollution, Lock everyone down for fear of no Quality air to breath"...

What triggered you? I’m sure it’s not about hoarding gas and toilet paper. So you think you know better about vaccines? Please tell…
What I find interesting is that most will get the shingles vaccine (for damned good reason), but it is less effective than the CoVid vaccine.

Reactions: sand1
it went like this...
Biden administration.... "OH MY, Covid is almost over?" "HURRY, bring out the Gas Shortage, and target Trump states" whats next?? I am guessing Chicken Shortage.. What?? oops already happened?? Nevermind.. UMM... "Pollution, Lock everyone down for fear of no Quality air to breath"...
Serious question: When was there a chicken shortage? I've been able to buy as much as I want and the stores have been running "Buy one, get one free" specials on them for the past few months.

Serious question: When was there a chicken shortage? I've been able to buy as much as I want and the stores have been running "Buy one, get one free" specials on them for the past few months.
My daughter went to Chick Fil A Monday, they were OUT of Nuggets (Chick fil A).. I went to Bojangles yesterday, they were out of Supremes. My wife went to Food Lion Saturday and couldnt buy chicken wings.. But hey, Maybe they were all a Coincidence..

My daughter went to Chick Fil A Monday, they were OUT of Nuggets (Chick fil A).. I went to Bojangles yesterday, they were out of Supremes. My wife went to Food Lion Saturday and couldnt buy chicken wings.. But hey, Maybe they were all a Coincidence..
Oh yes that is a catastrophe ( an event causing great and often sudden damage or suffering; a disaster )

• Haha
Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
Maybe Publix and Kroger are hoarding them....because Publix had it on sale Tuesday, probably still do. Maybe Chic-Fil-A should shop at Publix.

Reactions: feeble2001
What was the catastrophe?
No gas, lines out into the highway, people fighting in gas lines, Gas $4.00 gallon. It was RUSSIA testing ole sleepy joe, of whom they OWN his family. this is just theTip of the iceberg.. And he has been in office what 100 days?? Hamas Bombing Israel, Gas Shortage, Illegals, terrorists, drug dealers, Sex trafcfickers invading our southern border, murders at record pace, Inflation going up, Iran toying with our navy, etc etc etc That IMO is catastrophic, if in your opinion a perceived mean tweet by Trump is catastrophic, so be it.

No gas, lines out into the highway, people fighting in gas lines, Gas $4.00 gallon. It was RUSSIA testing ole sleepy joe, of whom they OWN his family. this is just theTip of the iceberg.. And he has been in office what 100 days?? Hamas Bombing Israel, Gas Shortage, Illegals, terrorists, drug dealers, Sex trafcfickers invading our southern border, murders at record pace, Inflation going up, Iran toying with our navy, etc etc etc That IMO is catastrophic, if in your opinion a perceived mean tweet by Trump is catastrophic, so be it.

yeah but can you imagine the horror of pulling up to a chic fil a drive thru and being told..... they dont have any nuggets :(
Well for my 7 year old that could cause a slight hesitation but he’s emotionally stable enough to just shift to the sandwich without much worry.

• Haha
Reactions: bflogger28
So you wanted Biden to pass a bill adding regulations on the oil industry within the first three months? Interesting take.

yeah but can you imagine the horror of pulling up to a chic fil a drive thru and being told..... they dont have any nuggets :(
653ce84017b822978ccafb594fe4d611.gif

there is no gas shortage

Reactions: Lakecock1
There is a video on FB showing a woman doing that....and double-bagging it.

I saw video of someone doing it.

there is no gas shortage
I mean, the supply is not disturbed, but the increase in demand has caused a shortage. Unless you'd call it something else? Most of the time it is caused by lowered supply, but increased demand has the same effect. There is more need of a thing (commodity) than there is of the thing that is needed.

Reactions: caughtlookin
I mean, the supply is not disturbed, but the increase in demand has caused a shortage. Unless you'd call it something else? Most of the time it is caused by lowered supply, but increased demand has the same effect. There is more need of a thing than there is of the thing that is needed.
I mean yeah there is a shortage in the sense that people are filling swimming pools full of gasoline for absolutely no real reason. Literally no supply chain can deal with an increase in quantity demanded like that within a week, and no reason to adjust because the Qd is going to go down in a few days anyways.

And I wouldnt say "need' I would say "want" because people dont need plastic bins full of gas - they want it to make them feel less like scared piss babies

Reactions: paladin181
I have yet to find a station that was slap out of gas- closest I have come was just now when the station I filled up at only had regular/ 87… That is what I buy anyway so 🤷‍♂️

I have yet to find a station that was slap out of gas- closest I have come was just now when the station I filled up at only had regular/ 87… That is what I buy anyway so 🤷‍♂️
I drive by about 15 gas stations on the way to work and back. Only seen 2 with long lines the rest people casually buying gas

Reactions: Lakecock1
I drive by about 15 gas stations on the way to work and back. Only seen 2 with long lines the rest people casually buying gas
That's fortunate for you. I'm working in Northern VA this week and I have yet to see a station that doesn't have the pump handles covered. My wife in Henrico (just outside of Richmond) is also unable to find anywhere to fill up. I'm hoping to find something good on the way home tomorrow, because I won't get far next week without a fill-up.

I mean yeah there is a shortage in the sense that people are filling swimming pools full of gasoline for absolutely no real reason. Literally no supply chain can deal with an increase in quantity demanded like that within a week, and no reason to adjust because the Qd is going to go down in a few days anyways.

And I wouldnt say "need' I would say "want" because people dont need plastic bins full of gas - they want it to make them feel less like scared piss babies
Look, I just want to fill my car, my work van and 25 10-Gallon trashcans with gas. Is that asking so much??

With hurricane situations I know people stock up on gas for generators in case the power goes out. When Matthew came through in 2016 I was without power for almost a week.

You know I kind of understand that . My problem is filling up an entire truck bed while other are simply trying to fill up so they can get their family to safety . Nothing brings out the worst in mankind than watching folks at a Texaco or Circle K a few days before a landfall .

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
I hope there’s not a tin foil shortage. You all won’t be able to make a hat.

What I find interesting is that most will get the shingles vaccine (for damned good reason), but it is less effective than the CoVid vaccine.
You see a lot of people under 40 getting the shingles vaccine? I know a guy who got shingles when he was about 36, but aren't old people at far greater risk? I'm 47 and I know I've never had a doctor recommend it or even mention it to me.

For what it's worth, I think the shingles vaccine is approved for more than emergency use only. That could have some effect on people's views of the two vaccines.

That's fortunate for you. I'm working in Northern VA this week and I have yet to see a station that doesn't have the pump handles covered. My wife in Henrico (just outside of Richmond) is also unable to find anywhere to fill up. I'm hoping to find something good on the way home tomorrow, because I won't get far next week without a fill-up.
Henrico County...know it well. Lots of friends in Glen Allen. My aunt lives on Cherokee Road, although not Henrico County I know. But I've spent a lot of time in Richmond growing up. Momma is from Petersburg, and Great-Grandmother lived in Colonial Heights.

Reactions: paladin181
Henrico County...know it well. Lots of friends in Glen Allen. My aunt lives on Cherokee Road, although not Henrico County I know. But I've spent a lot of time in Richmond growing up. Momma is from Petersburg, and Great-Grandmother lived in Colonial Heights.
Cool. I love the area. I grew up in Summerville, but I moved here after my Navy career was over. My wife is from here and that's why I stayed.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
You see a lot of people under 40 getting the shingles vaccine? I know a guy who got shingles when he was about 36, but aren't old people at far greater risk? I'm 47 and I know I've never had a doctor recommend it or even mention it to me.

For what it's worth, I think the shingles vaccine is approved for more than emergency use only. That could have some effect on people's views of the two vaccines.
I first had shingles in my 20's, again in my 30's, and yet again in my late 50's. Each time I was diagnosed by a doctor and told it is inaccurate that you can only have shingles once as most people believe.

I grew about two blocks off Cherokee Road, near the James River. Chesterfield county, before the city of Richmond annexed the area.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21

Shingles vaccine is for people over 50 that have had chicken pox. People who have had shingles can tell you it is a terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT