ADVERTISEMENT

About that 4th amd 14.....

The refs were right there when DK was tackled. They didn't call targeting. I've watched the replay. It was close but it was not clearly targeting.

The refs were far from perfect, but I've seen worse officiated games. Much worse.
The bigger issue wasn't the targeting, but the fact that his entire thigh (from knee to hip) was laying on the ground before the ball came out.

Last edited:
The ref CLEARLY looked at the first down marker then spotted it, which is what they are not supposed to do, he was a yard short and of course they didn't review that but they reviewed every single one of our controversial plays. I am just glad we won that game, even though it was 3 points who cares! we were getting screwed left and right the fact we won is a miracle

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
I watched the replays. They had to make those targeting calls and leave it to the review team to sort it out. Even the announcers (as bad as they were) said they had to make those calls.

Vann fumbled the ball before he crossed the end zone.

Cam Smith's antics won't be tolerated in any games this year. We need to get used to it. Standing over a guy after you tackled him and flexing in his face is unsportsmanlike conduct.

The refs were right there when DK was tackled. They didn't call targeting. I've watched the replay. It was close but it was not clearly targeting.

The refs were far from perfect, but I've seen worse officiated games. Much worse.

I too have seen poorly officiated games but I haven't seen many as one sided as this one, perhaps the 2000 Clemson game.

Dude, I KNOW you did not just use those announcers as justification for the stuff you posted.

I see you left out the laughable “targeting” call against Muse on the sideline.

My friend, the stripes came out LOOKING for “targeting”, it’s the sexy call now, and they came out looking to call it on South Carolina for whatever reason.
Also when you have a guys who are 6'5" hitting a guy who's 5'3" he's going to get hit in the helmet. Thankfully upon review it became obvious that it wasn't targeting.

I thought they should have challenged that - but then you look at the other three huge reviews and I then I thought: "what's the point?" The refs were calling the game one way.

I give USC so much credit - it's hard to pull off a "W" when the other team has 16 men on the field.

That was my exact thought as well. I'm sure they would have said it was inconclusive and said the play "stands".

We clearly had the D-team announcers for this (they were as bad as the refs, constantly getting names, yardages etc wrong). And I get it - noon kickoff Carolina v. ECU isn't going to get any national interest right now. But do these crappy coverage games have less cameras onsite? It seemed like they rarely had a really good angle on anything, not to mention missing plays because they were showing other highlights or graphics.

Almost reminded me of the early days of televised college baseball. You had one camera behind home plate (with a nice fuzzy effect provided by the netting), maybe one other camera IF you were lucky.

Dude, I KNOW you did not just use those announcers as justification for the stuff you posted.

I see you left out the laughable “targeting” call against Muse on the sideline.

My friend, the stripes came out LOOKING for “targeting”, it’s the sexy call now, and they came out looking to call it on South Carolina for whatever reason.
No. What the announcers said was just that. Refs are making the call if it remotely looks like targeting. It's their marching orders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT