ADVERTISEMENT

Another DeCommit

This is the logical take. It's irration that people like @Ward Jr just make the assumption it's money related anytime something bad happens and it's not money related every time something good happens to us.

Dear Sad Sack of Potatoes and Pseudo-Troll,

Did you read the part where I excluded the money portion from the argument for the sake of discussion since it can't be proven either way?

Why not present your case for the actual post at hand?

Dear Sad Sack of Potatoes and Pseudo-Troll,

Did you read the part where I excluded the money portion from the argument for the sake of discussion since it can't be proven either way?

Why not present your case for the actual post at hand?

Because you're still trying to claim Beamer isn't at fault for a recruiting class that's barely top 40 in the nation...

Because you're still trying to claim Beamer isn't at fault for a recruiting class that's barely top 40 in the nation...

This is part of the reason why your trolling is so lame. That was not part of the discussion whatsoever.

Consider the possibility spend too much of your life behind a computer somehow believing that complaining about Beamer every hour of every day will alter your life's protectory.

To address your troll subject dance, we're currently ranked 31st in a class that doesn't close out until next year. Maybe find a new troll avenue until this is a little more relevant.

Last edited:
He talked about creating more jobs for black Americans, not black jobs. And the unemployment rate for blacks was at a historic low during his administration. KKK and Jim Crow laws were Democrat creations. The Republican party was created for one purpose. To end slavery. I look at people of all races as individuals with their own brains and hearts to think for themselves. Not what they're told to think. My favorite black bands play music that THEY and I like. I've seen black kids at the skateboard park wearing AC/DC tee shirts. We're all individuals and unique in our own ways.

He specifically said "black jobs" and the host asked him what he meant by "black jobs" as if there are white jobs and black jobs. Anyone can watch the video and hear him say "black jobs"

Quit the pathetic excuses. Even Republican strategist Scott Jennings, last night, was blasting this type of junk from Trump saying it was crazy talk and he supports Trump.

Talking about immigrants stealing "black jobs" is stupid. Talking about immigrants taking jobs from low income people is fine.

Trump often sounds like out of touch "Uncle Charlie" at the family reunion talking about his "black friend' instead of his friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: ecrumpton
This is the logical take. It's irration that people like @Ward Jr just make the assumption it's money related anytime something bad happens and it's not money related every time something good happens to us.

I have no idea if it was money.

I read that LSU put the pressure on and rolled out the red carpet. I am sure we did that too as we had the commit.

But I know LSU has a tradition rich program and they are a very good team right now and we can't match their tradition or their program.

I know that would turn any player's head.

He specifically said "black jobs" and the host asked him what he meant by "black jobs" as if there are white jobs and black jobs. Anyone can watch the video and hear him say "black jobs"

Quit the pathetic excuses.

Talking about immigrants stealing "black jobs" is stupid. Talking about immigrants taking jobs from low income people is fine.

Trump often sounds like out of touch "Uncle Charlie" at the family reunion talking about his "black friend' instead of his friend.

Good God.

Do you know how many times both Biden and Obama referenced "white people" in statements?

The reality is that the immigrants are talking jobs from these communities and the people in these communities have voiced outrage over it as they should.

Reactions: cocks rule
This is part of the reason why your trolling is so lame. That was not part of the discussion whatsoever.

It's literally the core of the discussion.

It's honestly impressive how you keep missing the crux of the discussion, but that inability to process information would explain your beliefs.

It's literally the core of the discussion.

It's honestly impressive how you keep missing the crux of the discussion, but that inability to process information would explain your beliefs.

Get some sleep, Watson. Your blue light toxicity issue is impacting your trolling skills.

Since neither of us can definitively prove money was involved in this situation, let's skip that for now.

1) Throughout history, LSU has almost always had high recruiting classes. This is nothing new. They have always been better at recruiting than we have for a multitude of reasons.

2) LSU is one of the richest schools in the SEC. This is why Saban ran to them once he made his mark in the little leagues. They have oil money. If you would like to present somehow evidence that they are not in the Top 3, please do.

The BooBirds really love to grab on to some esoteric scenario with the idea they can use it to run Beamer into the ground. It's pretty pathetic.

The kid was a 3-star player in the class of 2025 who decided to switch schools because his heart was with LSU. The horror. As if that stuff doesn't happen all the time.

Grow up.
I'm not sure what your point is. First you said it was about money which you don't know to be true. Then you say it was because his heart was with LSU. Which is it?

FYI, according to USA Today, LSU is not even in the top 5 in the SEC, let alone the rest of the country.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I'm not sure what your point is. First you said it was about money which you don't know to be true. Then you say it was because his heart was with LSU. Which is it?

FYI, according to USA Today, LSU is not even in the top 5 in the SEC, let alone the rest of the country.

You might ask him about his feelings JGH 35.

LSU is a blue-blood school and has been forever.

According to AI, they are the 4th richest school in the SEC.

They've always out recruited us because of their history and status.

We've won 2 football games against them in 21 attempts.

Both were one point victories -- One in 1994 and another in 1930.

Spurrier was 0-4 against LSU.

Come again on why you're fixated that we lost a 3-star recruit for 2025 to these guys?

You might ask him about his feelings JGH 35.

LSU is a blue-blood school and has been forever.

According to AI, they are the 4th richest school in the SEC.

They've always out recruited us because of their history and status.

We've won 2 football games against them in 21 attempts.

Both were one point victories -- One in 1994 and another in 1930.

Spurrier was 0-4 against LSU.

Come again on why you're fixated that we lost a 3-star recruit for 2025 to these guys?
No, I was questioning your assertion that it was all about money. Now you are contradicting yourself. I think he flipped due to a very good coach who is a very good recruiter convincing him to play for a traditionally great program that is once again on the rise. LSU hit a home run with this hire.

No, I was questioning your assertion that it was all about money. Now you are contradicting yourself. I think he flipped due to a very good coach who is a very good recruiter convincing him to play for a traditionally great program that is once again on the rise. LSU hit a home run with this hire.

I believe money was involved and you don't. Where do we go from here? Do you want to throw sand too?

On the positive, Watson and Lurker remain hyperfocused on finding us that next "Xs and Os" coach who can take $3mil year in NIL funding and overcome schools with $20-30mil -- even to spite the fact most were outrecruiting us before the new system ever commenced.

On the positive, Watson and Lurker remain hyperfocused on finding us that next "Xs and Os" coach who can take $3mil year in NIL funding and overcome schools with $20-30mil -- even to spite the fact most were outrecruiting us before the new system ever commenced.

Would hate to be in a foxhole with this guy.

“Why even fight back, we are just going to die anyway.”

I believe money was involved and you don't. Where do we go from here? Do you want to throw sand too?
I'm not sure where you go from here. I guess you first have to make up your mind which argument you really support. Was it money, or was it they are a better recruiting team with a better coach. You've said both. Personally I believe it was the latter and have been consistent with that.

I'm not sure where you go from here. I guess you first have to make up your mind which argument you really support. Was it money, or was it they are a better recruiting team with a better coach. You've said both. Personally I believe it was the latter and have been consistent with that.
Anytime you want to prove me wrong, be my guest. His NIL grab details won't kick in until he graduates so you might have a little wait for your shining moment.

However, that shouldn't stop you and the BOTs from celebrating net neutrality. The Aiken BOThouse must are really be rocking last night!

Oh, the article below was published two weeks before your coveted three-star magically pivoted. But you keep those party hats on. You guys need anything you can get.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/a...leading-to-improved-lsu-recruiting-234091670/

"So if LSU wouldn't be a significant player in the transfer portal in terms of reeling in the highest-rated talent, then they would have to back up Kelly's comments by investing into the high school ranks right? Well, fans were treated to that and teased about it on July 11th when the Tiger Athletic Foundation announced a decision that would streamline NIL efforts along with Bayou Traditions."

Last edited:

I agree. Seems clear he was influenced by LSU's program and coaches.

if I am a football player and LSU puts the pressure on, it's going to move them to near the top.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I agree. Seems clear he was influenced by LSU's program and coaches.

if I am a football player and LSU puts the pressure on, it's going to move them to near the top.

Please walk us through how you've gleaned there was no money/NIL promises involved in his decision.

Last edited:
Same thing happened when Spurrier was here. Remember DE Arden Key?

To play for Les Miles over Spurrier. lol

Quit the pathetic excuses. Even Republican strategist Scott Jennings, last night, was blasting this type of junk from Trump saying it was crazy talk and he supports Trump.

“you ain’t black” CORNPOP

Anytime you want to prove me wrong, be my guest. His NIL grab details won't kick in until he graduates so you might have a little wait for your shining moment.

However, that shouldn't stop you and the BOTs from celebrating net neutrality. The Aiken BOThouse must are really be rocking last night!

Oh, the article below was published two weeks before your coveted three-star magically pivoted. But you keep those party hats on. You guys need anything you can get.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/a...leading-to-improved-lsu-recruiting-234091670/

"So if LSU wouldn't be a significant player in the transfer portal in terms of reeling in the highest-rated talent, then they would have to back up Kelly's comments by investing into the high school ranks right? Well, fans were treated to that and teased about it on July 11th when the Tiger Athletic Foundation announced a decision that would streamline NIL efforts along with Bayou Traditions."
LMAO. I can't very well prove you wrong when you are arguing both sides of the fence. But what I can prove is that you are flip flopping because it is in writing in previous comments you made per this thread.

Well one thing is for sure, LSU checks at least 4 boxes. Money, coaches, history and facilities. So keep on arguing which one if not all 4 we are lacking.

It's pretty much what this board has fallen to. :)

You mean the one currently 2 wins from best ever? Goto sleep Watson. You need to be alert in the next foxhole.

I just can’t imagine being this intellectually dishonest. But that dishonesty allows you pretend you’re never wrong.

I don't know. It can be argued that the good of spurrier was worth the way he left.

Indeed. You either retire on top or burn out.

It was indeed worth it for the highs we had with Spurrier. I am thankful I got to experience those years. I never once went into a season with Spurrier thinking it would take a miracle to go 6-6. It just felt different under Spurrier. We truly believed and had hope.

Indeed. You either retire on top or burn out.

It was indeed worth it for the highs we had with Spurrier. I am thankful I got to experience those years. I never once went into a season with Spurrier thinking it would take a miracle to go 6-6. It just felt different under Spurrier. We truly believed and had hope.

Fast forwarding 10 years, Spurrier is now one of the most vocal critics of Moneyball.

Has South Carolina ever been a recruiting juggernaut? Even if there's a cap in NIL, which I have seen nothing indicating there will be, what makes anyone think we will be a recruiting powerhouse? We share a relatively small state with traditionally national brand Clemson. We are close geographically to traditionally national powers Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. If anything, the NCAA seems to be moving more into increasing scholarship limits. That puts schools like South Carolina at a disadvantage. Why is South Carolina ever going to be a recruiting powerhouse? It never has been. If you doubt that, just check recruiting rankings over the past 25 years. I subscribed to recruiting publications back into the 1970s. Anyone remember Joe Terranova, the "dean" of football recruiting rankings? He was the one who got the recruiting ranking craze started. I was a subscriber. I remember when we hired Brad Scott. One of the recruiting gurus called Scott the "best recruiter in the nation". How did he work out? We have never been a recruiting machine. If you think we will be in the future, you need to come back down to earth. If people are honest with themselves, they realize we will never be, no matter what. We will never recruit ourselves to respectability. Beamer has to play the cards he has been dealt with. We will never win the national championship nor the SEC. But maybe, maybe we can become a consistent Top 20 program through better than average coaching. Frank Beamer was a solid but NOT a great recruiter. He was though a damn good coach. Is Shane a "chip off the old block"? I don't know. But I think we will find out this season.

I have resigned myself that being a consistent Top 20 program is the best that we will ever be. It will take better than average coaching to achieve that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT