ADVERTISEMENT

Another review show

giphy.gif

I want everybody to go back and watch the final 4:38 of the game and explain to me what this is not JB fault. Watch when he throws a simple pass over the middle 3 yds out in front of Edwards and on the way back to the huddle he tells JB with his hands to calm down. JB gets good protection and over throws #13 on a sure TD on a deep crossing pattern. Watch earlier when JB tucks and runs with his head down and eyes shut dreading contact. The last pick he throw he just shut his eyes and flung it. And this is the best we have ? Go back and watch if you can stand it.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
I deleted the game as soon as the clock hit Zero. I don't need to watch it again to know that Jake played bad. I've took up for Jake for a while. I think this game showed it's time for a change. So what if it doesn't work out this year due to lack of experience. Does keeping Jake in and going 6 and 6 and going to Shreveport make me feel better? Nope. Jake can't handle pressure.

Reactions: jimnasium
Paul Dietzel used to do this same thing - especially towards the end of his career. He would leak out stories of players who were going to be stars. When the lights were on it was clear they were not very good. One year there were billboards up around Columbia which showed Paul Dietzel and under it said, "The Golden Years of Carolina Football."

Muschamp is peddling that same crap. His evaluations have failed, his player development has failed and his ability to assemble a staff and get them to work together has failed. But even more than that, Muschamp lacks the feel for his team and for a game.

Here's the bottom line. Great coaches have the ability to sense the flow of a game and mood of his team. He knows who can deliver and when they can deliver. He is a master psychologist. That was Spurrier's genius. He knew how to put the best players in a position to make plays. Champ has no intuition about the game. He's not a player's coach. He sees things one way only.

I think we've seen the best from him. We might stumble on with 6-8 wins a year but we're never going to win the SECE with him as Head Coach. Some years (like this one) we might only win 3 or 4. Maybe that's all Tanner and the BOT expect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT