ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts about the Murdaugh case?

I work in Hampton and the word going around has always been that Paul and the Smith boy had something going on. The Smith boy wanted to come out in the open with their relationship. The Smith boy left a baseball game and ran out of gas on the way home. Murdaugh saw his car parked on the side of the road and drove towards the boy's home, stuck a baseball bat out of the window and struck him in the head as they drove by. It was covered up because of who his family is. Then there was the boating accident in which one of the passengers was preparing to step up and say they were driving all for monetary compensation. It looked like he was about to get away with causing another death. It all looks like vigilante justice to me. Unfortunately for the mom, she was a witness that couldn't be left at the scene. I just don't understand why they shot the animals.

Reactions: rogue cock
I work in Hampton and the word going around has always been that Paul and the Smith boy had something going on. The Smith boy wanted to come out in the open with their relationship. The Smith boy left a baseball game and ran out of gas on the way home. Murdaugh saw his car parked on the side of the road and drove towards the boy's home, stuck a baseball bat out of the window and struck him in the head as they drove by. It was covered up because of who his family is. Then there was the boating accident in which one of the passengers was preparing to step up and say they were driving all for monetary compensation. It looked like he was about to get away with causing another death. It all looks like vigilante justice to me. Unfortunately for the mom, she was a witness that couldn't be left at the scene. I just don't understand why they shot the animals.
I know the first reaction is the vigilante justice but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it turns out that the family was taking care of a problem themselves. At a certain point constant covering for a problem makes it easier to eliminate the problem.

Reactions: TAV31
This mystery has some many twist and turns and reopening a hit and run case from 2015 with some connection with the Murdaugh case...
Paul Murdaugh is probably responsible for Smith and the housekeepers deaths. The only reason this will be revealed is because he is dead. The only questions are will they find Paul and Maggie's killer(s) and will Alex be convicted of obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. Knowing SC law enforcement and politics I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
Oh no, not the livestock George. Sounds like we will end up with a pretty interesting story. Now see this is an example of "white privilege". Not what 95% of us white folk are privileged to. The rich get richer they say, but it finally has caught up to this family apparently.

Reactions: funktavious
I've read a bunch of news articles on this case and in one of those articles a detective that was looking at the Smith homicide stated that he had learned that it was Buster Murdaugh that had an intimate relationship with Smith. I also saw a tweet posted that stated that "He killed my cousin with a bat"meaning that Paul did it. I also read that it was rumored that the dogs were shot, but the news recently stated that they were not shot. I understand that there were security cameras at the Moselle property and nothing has come out about them. I would think you would keep your security cameras on all the time.

Reactions: funktavious
Paul Murdaugh is responsible for Smith and the housekeepers deaths. The only reason this will be revealed is because he is dead. The only questions are will they find Paul and Maggie's killer(s) and will Alex be convicted of obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence. Knowing SC law enforcement and politics I doubt it.
Where did you hear that Paul was responsible for Maggie's death? I think you meant Gloria Satterfield, the housekeeper. The wrongful death settlement only stated that Mrs Satterfield tripped, fell and died. It doesn't state who caused the death, however Alex's liability insurance paid the suit. I think that wrongful death settlements leave out a lot of information as an agreement to settle the case and I think that the litigants are required not to talk about the details of the case once settled. From what I have read is that Alex is in big trouble for obstruction of justice going back to the boating accident. I'm starting to wonder too that the killer's of Paul and his mother will not be solved. SLED has had a lot of time and a lot of investigators on the case and still nothing much reported.

Last edited:
ZACKLY!! Especially when one of those shot (and of course his mother was killed right beside him) is the son, grandson & great grandson of 3 former solicitors, and then all that wrapped-up w/ a mystery murder from back in 2015, I mean does anyone HONESTLY expect ALL THE FACTS/TRUTH to actually be made public, or, and this would be a MIRACLE NO DOUBT, but actually make it to an actual courtroom via even another LOCAL/NEARBY solicitor??? And then all that actually occur in the good ol' Old School Low-Country of South Carolina (and don't forget now, Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, Brunswick, Claxton, Statesboro, Sylvania, Barnwell and Santee ALL border that very area as well!!

Just sayin', but I'm willing to bet that Grisham is ALREADY taking notes and adding a lil' excitement and distinctly southern twists to his next hit!!!

shakin' my head...
Any specific stories on surrounding towns mentioned; Barnwell etc.....

Get ‘em on Family Feud. Murdaughs versus the Kennedys - if there are enough left on either side to have a game. Grisham can’t even make up stuff like this.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I can tell you that the investigators already have an idea what happened. It’s just proving the theory. It’s crazy what LE believes.

I can tell you that the investigators already have an idea what happened. It’s just proving the theory. It’s crazy what LE believes.
Come on now teaser!! Don't flaunt a juicy story and not tell it. What do they think??

I just saw on Fox News that they found the knife that his tire was slashed with and it is in fact his own knife. What a rube!

Several people down that way have mentioned the TV show Ozark as a possible scenario in this.Apparently the law firm wasn't eager for Sled to investigate the missing millions but I think SLED is now investigating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT