ADVERTISEMENT

Because of weather the AAAA state title game Greer/ MB

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Will be played at 1 on Friday. The Greer coach Will Young is not happy. Just announced like 10 minutes ago.

Seems we have a lot of rescheduling nowadays. Weather phenomenon or change in society?

Seems we have a lot of rescheduling nowadays. Weather phenomenon or change in society?

More technology to accurately predict, and certainly more reaction from society. Even as good as technology is, the weather rarely equals the reaction of people. People forget the weather changes.

Reactions: Judson1
Has the weather forecast taken a turn for the worse? I thought it was just suppose to rain. My God. How soft can we be (or is USC afraid they would have to replace the sod again)

Supposed to snow in the upstate, from the mountains over to Rock Hill this weekend. Who knows? Maybe the weathermen will get this right for a change?

The SCHSL strikes again

Preach.

Just like this year when they made undefeated Chester give up home field to play Union who had 3 losses. No where in sports would that happen except for the minds of the SCHSL.
I agree with that, and it was ridiculous for Dutch Fork to have to go to Summerville also. I was hoping they would hang 80 on Summerville just for that, but Knotts called off the dogs.

Reactions: Will4Clemson
I agree with that, and it was ridiculous for Dutch Fork to have to go to Summerville also. I was hoping they would hang 80 on Summerville just for that, but Knotts called off the dogs.

I dont really keep up with high school football but we live in the Dutch Fork area. Can someone tell me why DF had to go to Summerville? I thought best record or seed got home field until the state title game at WB? It was when I was in high school. When did this change and what is the reason? I know the reason is poor decision making, but in terms of how they wrote the rule, what is the reason? I just want to understand.

Reactions: Proudcock
I dont really keep up with high school football but we live in the Dutch Fork area. Can someone tell me why DF had to go to Summerville? I thought best record or seed got home field until the state title game at WB? It was when I was in high school. When did this change and what is the reason? I know the reason is poor decision making, but in terms of how they wrote the rule, what is the reason? I just want to understand.

handle-the-truth.gif

Remember when weather used to be the same for both teams.

It snowed in the last football game I ever played in.

Inbound Hurricane I can understand concerns in this case.

The SCHSL was trying to "norm" the competition by taking away an advantage traditionally afforded to higher seeded teams. It's not done at any other level of football and it's outrageous.

Reactions: aceman39
The SCHSL strikes again

Preach.

Just like this year when they made undefeated Chester give up home field to play Union who had 3 losses. No where in sports would that happen except for the minds of the SCHSL.

Agreed. Completely ridiculous. Playoffs are supposed to solve all our problems and determine a "true champion", but usually they are stupid, money-making scams.

Reactions: Will4Clemson
The SCHSL was trying to "norm" the competition by taking away an advantage traditionally afforded to higher seeded teams. It's not done at any other level of football and it's outrageous.
Live in Summerville and graduated many moons ago. That is the dumbest reason I ever heard. So you punish a team for having a better season? What’s next? They can only field 10 players or they let the lower seed play 12?

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT