ADVERTISEMENT

Boulware? - THAT is the 'Heart' of the C-Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
Kid's only played about 25% of the defensive snaps in his two years there ... with only a couple of starts, and that was because of injuries to others.

Dabo reported he 'got in a fight' Saturday and was thrown out. DABO: "After two weeks these guys are tired of hitting each other they want to hit somebody else."

I heard it wasn't a 'fight' - that Boulware blindside/cold-cocked a freshman receiver after the whistle and it wasn't the coaches who 'pulled him' the refs hired to work the scrimmage threw him out.

Brian Bosworth was a big-mouth LB that Boulware reminds me of a LOT. They even have a physical resemblance - though I think Boulware's 'doo' is more a cowlick than a mohawk. Bosworth wasn't in the NFL a week before Hershel Walker took him on one-on-one and after carrying Bosworth about 8-yards speared to the top of his helmet shook him off then stepped on his groin, chest and face mask running over his addled body towards the end zone.

Bosworth also (only ONCE!) took a 'cheap shot' on a opposing WR after the whistle and before the game was out his opponents twin-TE 'Sandwich Bosworth' formation was called and they drug his starry-eyed carcass off the field after the play was over.

Nobody likes dirty players or big-mouth players. For four years running Clemson's 'All-American" center used to talk smack and for the entire time he was at Clemson he was on his a$$ in his own backfield whenever the tigers played 'Carolina ... I think he ended his career with six 'assists' and half-a-sack his butt was knocked backwards into his own QB so many times. I KNOW that mouth was 0-4 against South Carolina in his 'stellar' career.

'Repeat" as the country's #1 D, huh? "Nope, that's not our claim but we WILL BE TOP 15."

No, you won't. Especially if characters like Boulware - who apparently has no 'character' are your purported 'leaders' on defense.

It might be some 3rd string 300-pound OL from the smallest school you play but SOMEBODY is gonna' roll that big mouth putz 'fore the season's over and he will never even see it coming.

Cold-cocking his own teammate. Heck, it might be a Clemson O-lineman that does him in.

ESPN's #1 ranked player in SC when he was recruited, a 'can't miss' 5-star and finalist for Mr. Football. A UA HS 'All-American'. Now in his 3rd season he's had very little to show for it. He IS 1-1 against the Gamecocks, but that 'experience' was mostly from the sideline. Yet another 'wasted talent' at smother-'em university. No imparted skills, and apparently no guidance in 'character' development.

I love it when the opposition is loaded with thugs.Bring 'em on.

Kid's only played about 25% of the defensive snaps in his two years there ... with only a couple of starts, and that was because of injuries to others.

Dabo reported he 'got in a fight' Saturday and was thrown out. DABO: "After two weeks these guys are tired of hitting each other they want to hit somebody else."

I heard it wasn't a 'fight' - that Boulware blindside/cold-cocked a freshman receiver after the whistle and it wasn't the coaches who 'pulled him' the refs hired to work the scrimmage threw him out.

Brian Bosworth was a big-mouth LB that Boulware reminds me of a LOT. They even have a physical resemblance - though I think Boulware's 'doo' is more a cowlick than a mohawk. Bosworth wasn't in the NFL a week before Hershel Walker took him on one-on-one and after carrying Bosworth about 8-yards speared to the top of his helmet shook him off then stepped on his groin, chest and face mask running over his addled body towards the end zone.

Bosworth also (only ONCE!) took a 'cheap shot' on a opposing WR after the whistle and before the game was out his opponents twin-TE 'Sandwich Bosworth' formation was called and they drug his starry-eyed carcass off the field after the play was over.

Nobody likes dirty players or big-mouth players. For four years running Clemson's 'All-American" center used to talk smack and for the entire time he was at Clemson he was on his a$$ in his own backfield whenever the tigers played 'Carolina ... I think he ended his career with six 'assists' and half-a-sack his butt was knocked backwards into his own QB so many times. I KNOW that mouth was 0-4 against South Carolina in his 'stellar' career.

'Repeat" as the country's #1 D, huh? "Nope, that's not our claim but we WILL BE TOP 15."

No, you won't. Especially if characters like Boulware - who apparently has no 'character' are your purported 'leaders' on defense.

It might be some 3rd string 300-pound OL from the smallest school you play but SOMEBODY is gonna' roll that big mouth putz 'fore the season's over and he will never even see it coming.

Cold-cocking his own teammate. Heck, it might be a Clemson O-lineman that does him in.

ESPN's #1 ranked player in SC when he was recruited, a 'can't miss' 5-star and finalist for Mr. Football. A UA HS 'All-American'. Now in his 3rd season he's had very little to show for it. He IS 1-1 against the Gamecocks, but that 'experience' was mostly from the sideline. Yet another 'wasted talent' at smother-'em university. No imparted skills, and apparently no guidance in 'character' development.

His snaps have been limited due to the fact that CU just graduated 2 LBs that were 5* players who have now headed off to NFL camps. When you have that kind of talent with more experience in front of you, it's difficult to get a ton of snaps. Since this a Rivals site, you should use that as your basis for your rankings of players. For the record, Boulware was rated as a 4* and Michael Hill was rated the #1 player in the state for the class in question. SC signed two 4* OL in that class who were rated in the top 6 in the state. Do you consider those as "wasted" talents? I think it's a little early to consider a class of 2013 recruit to be a bust.

Reactions: SCGuy38
" ... I think it's a little early to consider a class of 2013 recruit to be a bust."

It was the 'bust' to the back of the head he gave your clueless freshman WR that was the gist of my remarks.

So if nobody likes thugs or loud mouth players, then do you all not like your very own Ulric Jones?

You know the guy that keeps running his mouth about how he's going to bust our QB's azz? The guy that didn't have a single sack in JUCO last year?

Reactions: jblanken64
So if nobody likes thugs or loud mouth players, then do you all not like your very own Ulric Jones?

You know the guy that keeps running his mouth about how he's going to bust our QB's azz? The guy that didn't have a single sack in JUCO last year?[/QUOTE

I believe he only said it one time that you heard. He will do the rest of his talking in November. You can be rest assured of that.

I hate Clemson, but Boulware will be good. I remember watching the shrine bowl a few years ago and he really stood out.

The point I was trying to make is that the OP stated that Ben boule are has no character because he talks trash.

I was pointing this out to show he was being hypocritical.

I don't think you have to worry about that. As of today they have lost 13 players off of last years defense. Alabama couldn't lose 13 players on defense and stay in the top 20 and they recruit at a much higher level than Clemson.

What people don't realize is we have 6 people on the defense that have started in the past, and they all weren't because of injury. DJ Reader and Carlos Watkins started alongside of Jarret at some point and it wasn't because of injury. Our secondary WILL be improved. If we don't get the injury bug our D-Line will be above average and our secondary will be great. Linebackers do scare me, but we will have to wait and see.

You know the guy that keeps running his mouth about how he's going to bust our QB's azz? The guy that didn't have a single sack in JUCO last year?
Originally Jones was responding to Watson's remarks. I do like my players responding to the other team's players but I prefer them doing it on the field. If Watson makes it that far, we'll see.

Our guy ain't bragging and he's not mouthing off ... he's just talking about a potential opponent ... our guy doesn't 'cheap-shot' cold-cock his own teammates, he helps them up when the play's over!

Dizzy Dean said "it ain't bragging if you can do it" and Muhammad Ali said "it ain't bragging if you can back it up."

All I know is that I sometimes feel as Mary Lambert does:

" ... fame freaks me out in a lot of ways - because how genuine of a connection can you have when you're a commodity, and a conversation with you means bragging rights? That's terrifying to me."

How bad can life be when the only problem you can even think of as being one is that you're getting low on pre-rigged ballyhoo? There MUST be larger problems but I wouldn't know, I stopped reading newspapers several years ago. When someone dies invariably I have at least one mutual friend that texts me with the appointed time and location where to show up.

I don't read the obits if I knew 'em 'cause I KNEW them and if I didn't know them I don't really care anyway.so I don't read those. Obituaries are just legalized robbery for the newspapers paid by egotistical family members who always inflate the accomplishments of the deceased anyway. Some of that stuff is pure fiction.

We're gonna' stomp UNC's a$$. Really, we are.

Not to nitpick but it was Bo Jackson that ran through and over Brian Bosworth. It was on Monday Night Football. Brian got where he was through heavy steroid use. There wasn't much to him after college.

Reactions: TygerDude
No matter how many stars Boulware had in high school, he is only 5'10' and slow as linebackers go. Just like his brother on the baseball team, a big mouth and a very average player. If he is the best you got, your LB situation is perilous. Look for little Wofford to run rough shod over Clemson.

Boulware isn't even in the top 5 all-time LB's tater tech had ever had. He's ok but he's no Keith Adams or any of that bunch. Taters have had some stud LB's over the years but Boulward isn't one of them. He's good but that's where it stops, he's nothing to alter your game plan for.

Sportssweets1, you really missed it on this one. Walker when it was Jackson? Comparing a kid to a guy that is viewed as a defensive monster and leader of one of the best defenses to ever take the college field and basically calling him a bust at the same time. Saying he fought a WR when it was a starting offensive lineman in a goal line situation, guess your way sounds better though. I won't go into the BCS game and his performance. That would be piling on.

10 actually has the demeanor you love in a linebacker. Fierce on the field (even in practice) and confident to back it up. Even in high school, he would do anything to help his team win.

Time will tell if ESPN was right on his rankings. Judging by the post and response, I think we all know what you really think.

What people don't realize is we have 6 people on the defense that have started in the past, and they all weren't because of injury. DJ Reader and Carlos Watkins started alongside of Jarret at some point and it wasn't because of injury. Our secondary WILL be improved. If we don't get the injury bug our D-Line will be above average and our secondary will be great. Linebackers do scare me, but we will have to wait and see.
What Clemson fans don't realize is that doesn't matter. The reason you were so good last year is because you had great seniors on defense and they had backups. You have no depth this year and that is gonna kill you guys in the 2nd half. Your guys are gonna be trying to find some air against Wofford and I think that is when reality is gonna sit in with Clemson fans

What Clemson fans don't realize is that doesn't matter. The reason you were so good last year is because you had great seniors on defense and they had backups. You have no depth this year and that is gonna kill you guys in the 2nd half. Your guys are gonna be trying to find some air against Wofford and I think that is when reality is gonna sit in with Clemson fans

Yep, I been saying the same thing! Those taters don't seem to realize that the guys who were the 3rd teamers last year are now the backups, and last season they didn't get as much PT as the guys who are the starters this season. They might be subject to a couple of 4th qtr defensive collapses, just like what we went through last year.

LMAO. it was your own clemsux loudmouth freshman qb who was bragging about how he was never going to lose to Carolina as long as he was at clemsux. This, after he's played, what, 2 full games and beat The Gamecocks once? watson was trying to be a big-shot & someone called him on it. sorry, it was your own player who started it.

LMAO. it was your own clemsux loudmouth freshman qb who was bragging about how he was never going to lose to Carolina as long as he was at clemsux. This, after he's played, what, 2 full games and beat The Gamecocks once? watson was trying to be a big-shot & someone called him on it. sorry, it was your own player who started it.
You do realize Watson said this to his high school coach...as a junior...after he had committed to Clemson. If S.Car's guys want to rant and rave 3 years later, it's all good.

Big shocker....ss1 is spewing out total bs again. Did u honestly think u could pass this bs along and no one would look it up and call u out?

Boulware got into a scuffle with the offensive lineman he was involved in the play with. A senior o lineman. But nice try to spin it into a "horrible incident".

And it would be hard for boulware to get much playing time in front of 5 star linebackers who were already starters. Kinda hard to be a significant contributor in that situation.

I have seen so many attempts from ss1 to try and bash clemson and so many times he is caught looking like an idiot. From the time he said that 6 teams had national championship trophies to the time he made up quotes in an article about clemson. Yes, I said he made up quotes and got called out by clemson and Carolina fans. How pathetic do u have to be to do something like that? Nevertheless, this guy needs a hobby and some human interaction, which I'm sure is impossible based on the craziness he writes on this site.

"How pathetic do u have to be to do something like that?"

How pathetic do you have to be to sign up and use another team's name and then bash them on that board? Well that has been done numerous times. Who cares what Watson said, Boulware did etc. ? Clowney said it and I didnt care then and Watson is saying it now and still dont care. If anything it just provides motivation for the other team. Clemson has the luxury of starting season with very weak teams so that will help you.

Bullwinkle is a midget in a pretend linebacker uniform. He's been nothing but mouth and late hits since he put on convict orange.

Big shocker....ss1 is spewing out total bs again. Did u honestly think u could pass this bs along and no one would look it up and call u out?

Boulware got into a scuffle with the offensive lineman he was involved in the play with. A senior o lineman. But nice try to spin it into a "horrible incident".

And it would be hard for boulware to get much playing time in front of 5 star linebackers who were already starters. Kinda hard to be a significant contributor in that situation.

I have seen so many attempts from ss1 to try and bash clemson and so many times he is caught looking like an idiot. From the time he said that 6 teams had national championship trophies to the time he made up quotes in an article about clemson. Yes, I said he made up quotes and got called out by clemson and Carolina fans. How pathetic do u have to be to do something like that? Nevertheless, this guy needs a hobby and some human interaction, which I'm sure is impossible based on the craziness he writes on this site.

" ... got called out by clemson and Carolina fans."

Well, another long-time poster 'signing up' to comment - post #1. At least you got your capitalization right! I've never been 'called out' by anyone I'd consider a 'Carolina fan and take pride in getting under the skin of the taeter trolls choking this board, you're the reason for all the research - like the fact Clemson's '81 co-championship was 'consensus' not 'unanimous' - with numerous other NCAA 'qualified' award bodies selecting someone other than Clemson as National Champion that year. The Nebraska team you beat (to supposedly 'win' it) lost THREE games that season ... it's no wonder several rating agencies selected someone else - you didn't play the best teams out there!

Boulware's an arrogant, prancing wanna-be and has been since HS. He shaved his precious 'Clemson' beard and when Venables saw him called him a 'baby-Bosworth' ... HA! He got the 'baby' part right.

I realize this time of year there's not much to write about and I expect the apologists to come out of the woodwork in defense of the indefensible. It's what you do.

Clemson's a proud school with good academics that suffers from adoption by an inordinately large number of truly dumb a$$ wanna'-be fans that wouldn't know a tiger from Pavlov's dog. I have a lot of 'real' Clemson fans as friends and they admit it ... "we've got you beat in crazies!"

Forget Columbia's old Bull Street facility, huge numbers of fans adopting Clemson, many of which didn't complete high school much less ever see the inside of a college classroom are loonier than the nuts who populated Kentucky's Waverly Hills, California's Rancho Los Amigos or New York's Creedmore Psychiatric.

You can't spell, write lucid sentences, quantify facts or qualify what constitutes a reasonable argument, color inside the lines or eat pizza without getting it on your tee shirt. This is not a fair fight.

" ... got called out by clemson and Carolina fans."

Well, another long-time poster 'signing up' to comment - post #1. At least you got your capitalization right! I've never been 'called out' by anyone I'd consider a 'Carolina fan and take pride in getting under the skin of the taeter trolls choking this board, you're the reason for all the research - like the fact Clemson's '81 co-championship was 'consensus' not 'unanimous' - with numerous other NCAA 'qualified' award bodies selecting someone other than Clemson as National Champion that year. The Nebraska team you beat (to supposedly 'win' it) lost THREE games that season ... it's no wonder several rating agencies selected someone else - you didn't play the best teams out there!

Boulware's an arrogant, prancing wanna-be and has been since HS. He shaved his precious 'Clemson' beard and when Venables saw him called him a 'baby-Bosworth' ... HA! He got the 'baby' part right.

I realize this time of year there's not much to write about and I expect the apologists to come out of the woodwork in defense of the indefensible. It's what you do.

Clemson's a proud school with good academics that suffers from adoption by an inordinately large number of truly dumb a$$ wanna'-be fans that wouldn't know a tiger from Pavlov's dog. I have a lot of 'real' Clemson fans as friends and they admit it ... "we've got you beat in crazies!"

Forget Columbia's old Bull Street facility, huge numbers of fans adopting Clemson, many of which didn't complete high school much less ever see the inside of a college classroom are loonier than the nuts who populated Kentucky's Waverly Hills, California's Rancho Los Amigos or New York's Creedmore Psychiatric.

You can't spell, write lucid sentences, quantify facts or qualify what constitutes a reasonable argument, color inside the lines or eat pizza without getting it on your tee shirt. This is not a fair fight.
And how did KKKlempsux defend their consensus co-championship....OH WAIT, they couldn't!!

You do realize Watson said this to his high school coach...as a junior...after he had committed to Clemson. If S.Car's guys want to rant and rave 3 years later, it's all good.
So, just so I have this straight.... Watson runs his mouth about never losing to SC first, and that's ok? But a SC responds to Watson's comments, then you have the problem? So much of a problem that you have the nerve to bring it up on a Gamecock forum? Have you thought about this all the way through? As others have already stated, maybe Watson should have kept his mouth shut in the first place. BTW, Jones is 6'5'' 300 lbs and moves like a DE. Watson better hope that inexperienced oline gets it together in a hurry.

BOARD MATERIAL FOR OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS

1. Watson...... I WILL NEVER LOSE TO SOUTH CAROLINA to which Ulric Jones when hearing replied, I'll bust his ass.
2. Alexander...... I'm the best DB in the country (playing in the NO FLY ZONE)
3. Swinney...... We are the most athletic, biggest and strongest team in America. Every one of his players is a wonderful young man (ahem) and had an outstanding practice today.

Can't wait to see the MIGHTY CLEMSON TIGERS wipe everybody off the planet this year. Legends in the making for sure.

I imagine the ACC teams are reading this garbage or hearing it on their boards like we are. Yep, this has the makings of a fun season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT