ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina v MS. State.

PC31

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2005
I am not doing a game thread but we ARE playing Mississippi State right now. Down 30-13 but we don't seem out of the game yet. MSU is just pretty damn good.

I am not doing a game thread but we ARE playing Mississippi State right now. Down 30-13 but we don't seem out of the game yet. MSU is just pretty damn good.
We’re getting smoked. Worst part is not getting back on defense. Poor shot selection. We’re going to get run out of the building if this don’t change.

Id love to eat my words later. Don’t see it though.

They don’t miss. There D against us is legit. This game is over. I would start all guards in the second half and Bryant at center. Can’t get any worse.

To be fair though, MSU is good and we suck so this is not a good recipe for us tonight. Their strengths (talent, coaching, desire, coaching, ability, coaching) play strong against our weakness's IMO.

Gone are the days when we had great guard play. Didn’t we have a string of PG before and after Downey that were amazing to watch. Somebody remind me of their name.

Gone are the days when we had great guard play. Didn’t we have a string of PG before and after Downey that were amazing to watch. Somebody remind me of their name.
Tre Kelly and Mike Boynton, to name a couple. Besides Downey, I still miss the old days of Melvin Watson. That was one of the fastest PGs with the ball I've ever seen.

To be fair though, MSU is good and we suck so this is not a good recipe for us tonight. Their strengths (talent, coaching, desire, coaching, ability, coaching) play strong against our weakness's IMO.
They are good? They have the same record as our sorry ass team.

Reactions: USC2USC
To be fair thought, 10 years into Martin's tenure we cant complete with a middle of the road SEC team.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This was pretty much a must win if you ask me…
Not that I have the highest hopes or barely any hope at all of making the tourney but needed a win tonight with likely losses looming against Tennessee and Kentucky

Reactions: heavycock
I remember thinking that no one could play point as good as the PG we had. Then came Tre Kelly. I thought the same thing with him. Then came Downey. Surely no one can play point any better than the PG we have now..... Let me know when the next great one shows up.

Larry Davis would be a nice fit for this team. He was a three point sharpshooter. He, along with McKie and Watson, led the Gamecocks to as high as a #4 ranking in '95-'96.

Tre Kelly and Mike Boynton, to name a couple. Besides Downey, I still miss the old days of Melvin Watson. That was one of the fastest PGs with the ball I've ever seen.
A friend attended a game when Melvin was playing. A former girlfriend or someone who was mad at him was sitting behind my friend. When he missed a shot she would yell loudly, “Nice shot, Melvin Watson!” I always think of this when I see his name. That was a fun team to watch. Loved beating Pitino twice that one season.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
A friend attended a game when Melvin was playing. A former girlfriend or someone who was mad at him was sitting behind my friend. When he missed a shot she would yell loudly, “Nice shot, Melvin Watson!” I always think of this when I see his name. That was a fun team to watch. Loved beating Pitino twice that one season.
Yeah, I was a student then. And you're right, they were a LOT of fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT