ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is our daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
there I said it. We won’t win a series against them in anything meaningful anytime soon.
Oh welll. Life as gamecock

Little immature huh. So when we won 5 straight in football. Won 2 and played for 3 straight championships in baseball were “ taters “ making such immature statements on their board. Seriously doubt it. Guess our fan base is just so lucky to have such posters

jonesz21Well-Known Member
Newthere I said it. We won’t win a series against them in anything meaningful anytime soon.

This individual stinks of Tater!

Reactions: Cocky704
Our rivals own us in all three of the major men's sports. You can call me any kind of name you want, but you can't change the fact. And instead of being in denial and jumping the truth-tellers, people ought to be demanding better.
In what year were you graduated from the University of South Carolina?

Reactions: Combahee Cock
Not my daddy, but I don't judge my self worth or the pride in my university solely by results on the athletic field. I am extremely proud of the accomplishments of our ladies basketball team and the class they show.

It's sadly correct. Just think they're on the doorstep of the 5 bomb in November. Plus having 3 straight appearances in the College playoff with an insanely high chance of it being 4.
your second sentence gave the reason for the first....we cant control what they do and they are in a place that all schools wanna be in football....wanting more is fine but demanding more under the circumstances is a little far-fetched

Reactions: Silverspur02
I attended the university for more than two years but graduated elsewhere. Dad got sick and other aspects of life happened. I had to leave college for awhile. But I was a Gamecock Club member for part of my life and a football season ticket holder for much of my life and a fan for more of my life, so that makes me a stakeholder, enough of a stakeholder to qualify me to opine that our rival owns us and it's unacceptable, which is true regardless of my matriculation history.

Last edited:
I attended the university for more than two years but graduated elsewhere. Dad got sick and other aspects of life happened I had to leave college for awhile. But I was a Gamecock Club member for part of my life and a football season ticket holder for much of my life and a fan for more of my life, so that makes me a stakeholder, enough of a stakeholder to qualify me to opine that our rival owns us and it's unacceptable, which is true regardless of my matriculation history.

That's what I thought. "I was" meaning you have no monetary investment in Gamecock athletics but yet you encourage others to demand more because you have no dog in the hunt. No platform to voice your complaints to those in charge, so you come on a message board to tell others they need to DEMAND better because you can't do it yourself.

OK.

That's what I thought. "I was" meaning you have no monetary investment in Gamecock athletics but yet you encourage others to demand more because you have no dog in the hunt. No platform to voice your complaints to those in charge, so you come on a message board to tell others they need to DEMAND better because you can't do it yourself.

OK.
I still buy tickets; I have a dog in the hunt. And you're going to be amazed, if frustrated, at what those purchases free me up to do.

Reactions: Cumberlandsc
there I said it. We won’t win a series against them in anything meaningful anytime soon.

Life as a Gamecock is 10 times better than life as a quempsum tater. I'm glad to be a Gamecock and will be one until I f****** die.

OK.

This is silly, if says he's Gamecock he is. Anyone that's been on this board 5 minutes knows he is Cock :). ( btw class of 1990 here, and Silverspur and season ticket holder in football, basketball, (men and women)and baseball)

Football: Muschamp inherited a mess. Call it an excuse if you want but it's true. The team has made strides and faster than most predicted. Meanwhile, Clemson is a top 3 program. Barring the one game a season hiccup, Alabama seems to be the only team in the country capable of beating them. We just happen to have the distinction of being their rival.

Baseball: Kingston inherited a mess. Call it an excuse if you want but it's true. The team has looked young because they are but they have fight. I doubt anyone was actually surprised that a senior-laden Clemson team won the series this weekend. Is Kingston the answer? Not sure, but I'd give him longer than three weeks.

Basketball: Here I think you can have a beef. We should have beaten them last year. Period. Frank sat Thornwell (and started him vs UGA the next game I think) and it cost us the game. This year, we aren't great but Clemson wasn't either when we played them. We should be better than Clemson in Basketball. Frank inherited a mess as well (mess isn't even a strong enough word actually) but those days are gone. Yes we were planning to get Dozier back and have Felder but Clemson basketball is garbage. We should beat them 3 out of 4 times.

We are actually beating them in everything else pretty consistently, but most folks don't care about those.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
3 out of 4 in basketball (men) won’t start next year unless we get grad transfers in who can play ‘Frank’ pressure ball. Just saying, they bring back a good core group.

In football, WM as Cock Vader said, Muschamp inherited

giphy.gif

Other sports their are no excuses still valid. When the team celebrated like they won the CWS after beating Clemson in the first game, i had my doubts we would win again and unfortunately they came true.

jonesz21Well-Known Member
Newthere I said it. We won’t win a series against them in anything meaningful anytime soon.

This individual stinks of Tater!

He's far from a tater. That accusation is plain stupid.

Do they speak English in What?

I guess a lot of Clemson fans felt the same way when we beat them 5 years in a row in football...

Beat them in the CWS twice, and got spanked by Tanner's boys during the season and in the regionals...

I sure as heck hope so, because this sucks!!

Football: Muschamp inherited a mess. Call it an excuse if you want but it's true. The team has made strides and faster than most predicted. Meanwhile, Clemson is a top 3 program. Barring the one game a season hiccup, Alabama seems to be the only team in the country capable of beating them. We just happen to have the distinction of being their rival.

Baseball: Kingston inherited a mess. Call it an excuse if you want but it's true. The team has looked young because they are but they have fight. I doubt anyone was actually surprised that a senior-laden Clemson team won the series this weekend. Is Kingston the answer? Not sure, but I'd give him longer than three weeks.

Basketball: Here I think you can have a beef. We should have beaten them last year. Period. Frank sat Thornwell (and started him vs UGA the next game I think) and it cost us the game. This year, we aren't great but Clemson wasn't either when we played them. We should be better than Clemson in Basketball. Frank inherited a mess as well (mess isn't even a strong enough word actually) but those days are gone. Yes we were planning to get Dozier back and have Felder but Clemson basketball is garbage. We should beat them 3 out of 4 times.

We are actually beating them in everything else pretty consistently, but most folks don't care about those.

Good synopsis.

I just hope the other 120+ college team's fans don't "demand" they get better too. Can you imagine what that would look like....if other teams wanted to get better too? Geez! It may turn into competitions with rivalries and stuff, where fans make posts on their own boards, that fuel their rivals to make fun of them.

Life as a Gamecock is 10 times better than life as a quempsum tater. I'm glad to be a Gamecock and will be one until I f****** die.
Meh, not gonna lie life would be much better if we made it to the CFP one day, or at least won a conference championship. Hard to have a leg to stand on with recruits when your in state rival is wracking up as many accolades as they are, though. That's just the honest truth.

I don't think it was Frank's idea to sit Thornwell.

I beg to differ sir and think we will catch them in baseball first and then football. We need a few Lattimores, Clowneys, Swearingers and an Alshon and we can compete with them. Baseball needs some pitchers and hitters from JUCO right now.

Man, don't look at it that way. The next time you see a quempsum fan just whip his or her a$$. Show 'em whose boss. That's what I do and it works out well for me. It helps me get rid a lot of frustration.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Here is the difference in those upstate taters and us...when they beat us, they expected to beat us. When we win, we celebrate for many months after that. When we won 5 in a row, we had not even won back to back games in my lifetime(age 44). Then we take pictures with their coaches(for what reason I do not know) and punk them with 5 bombs. And with kids as well. I have yet to see that from the taters and our coaches with a 3 or 4.

We need to get to the point of where we were in baseball, where we expected to beat them each and every game. I guess times have changed and so have expectations. They are in a great place in the big 4 men’s sports and we want to get there as well.

Reactions: DaTater
Was that cockliv or someone else who would post these type of anti-USC posts to try to counteract the forces of being too confident?

Reactions: jonesz21
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT