ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson is our daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our rivals own us in all three of the major men's sports. You can call me any kind of name you want, but you can't change the fact. And instead of being in denial and jumping the truth-tellers, people ought to be demanding better.
well we can demand better, but that is an objective. what is your strategy to enlighten our coaches so it will happen. People say Frank needs to recruit better. don't you think he's working his tail off, but won't play for some of the rules the others play. Kingston just got here. We held on to Chad one year too long. what advice would you give Muschamp.

Demanding it happen and making it happen are two different things.

well we can demand better, but that is an objective. what is your strategy to enlighten our coaches so it will happen. People say Frank needs to recruit better. don't you think he's working his tail off, but won't play for some of the rules the others play. Kingston just got here. We held on to Chad one year too long. what advice would you give Muschamp.

Demanding it happen and making it happen are two different things.
Making things happen starts with someone demanding it or insisting upon it, if only the person involved himself of herself. Otherwise, where is the catalyst?

jonesz21Well-Known Member
there I said it. We won’t win a series against them in anything meaningful anytime soon.
Oh welll. Life as gamecock

It sounds like Clemson is YOUR daddy...not mine! NO Carolina fan would say something like this. Don’t remember any Taters saying this, when we were dominating them?

Reactions: vacock#
I guess a lot of Clemson fans felt the same way when we beat them 5 years in a row in football...

Beat them in the CWS twice, and got spanked by Tanner's boys during the season and in the regionals...
I do believe these things should go in cycles. Unfortunately, these cycles are not even remotely equal.
Then as now, there is a simple answer for why - we let amateurs run our Athletic Department. Tanner is a great guy, a great gamecock and the best baseball coach in USC history, bar none. But he simply isn't getting it done as AD. But once again, the good ole boys decided to go with a buddy hire. Chad Holbrook was a buddy of Ray's, now we're cleaning up that mess. Rather than hire a real recruiting coordinator, Spurrier hires his son. Of course. He also hired Whammy from within and that was a trainwreck. Meanwhile, Whammy hires a buddy from Arkansas - who had been fired and was now coaching as a position coach at the high school level - to be a linebacker coach. Muschamp brought back that dog of an offensive coordinator from UF and paid him $700k to continue his streak of sucking. Now, we hire another coach from within to run the offense. Dabo is a carnival barker but he went out and hired the best. When can we ever say the same? I mean, did a single person think that we'd hire an OC other than McClendon? Of course not. This is what we do.

Making things happen starts with someone demanding it or insisting upon it, if only the person involved himself of herself. Otherwise, where is the catalyst?
so if we all demand it, it will happen. I think the coaches we have all know how important the Clemson series is.

cockgunActive Member
Until Ray Tanner sets the bar higher than just winning the Palmetto Bowl, look for more of the same. That is the bottom line, like it or not.

Cockgun...Do you mean the Palmetto Series? Palmetto Bowl is what they call the football game.

Reactions: cockgun
cockgunActive Member
Until Ray Tanner sets the bar higher than just winning the Palmetto Bowl, look for more of the same. That is the bottom line, like it or not.

Cockgun...Do you mean the Palmetto Series? Palmetto Bowl is what they call the football game.

Yes, thank you very much for the clarification.

I attended the university for more than two years but graduated elsewhere. Dad got sick and other aspects of life happened. I had to leave college for awhile. But I was a Gamecock Club member for part of my life and a football season ticket holder for much of my life and a fan for more of my life, so that makes me a stakeholder, enough of a stakeholder to qualify me to opine that our rival owns us and it's unacceptable, which is true regardless of my matriculation history.
All that and some of us still put up with you Mr. Ward Cleaver! =;-p

Reactions: king ward
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT