ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson SEC caliber football school is at best a yawner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see the tigers have to play in the sec east. And then have to play lsu texas a and m. They would probably even lose to north carolina.

You just better hope and pray you don't get embarrassed Monday night, tater. I have a feeling Clemsons team is overconfident about this game like their fan base is. That's awesome. Makes the heartbreak of losing so much sweeter.
Hey at this point It's all gravy. Have yet to see where our team is overconfident or the fan base.

[QUOTE=". .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Or Spurrier.....

Dabo's winning percentage vs. the SEC , IS BETTER than Spurrier's winning percentage vs the SEC while at South Carolina.

FACT...... but don't let that get in the way....lol.[/QUOTE]
And everyone know knows that if Clemson played in the SEC there overall record would be about 50/50, thus negating your statement. You must play in the SEC to know how really tough it really is. Just playing USC everyone year, and then another school once every other year is not a good argument on your part.

I think their level of play, their fanbase, and their venue are very comparable to the best in the SEC, and you know how much I hate them.

They would be an average or below average venue and fanbase in the SEC. That's not a bad thing. It is just a statement of how great the SEC is.

They would be an average or below average venue and fanbase in the SEC. That's not a bad thing. It is just a statement of how great the SEC is.
They would be about middle-of-the road facilities-wise, but the overall venue would be higher than that. I would rate them above average fanbase-wise. I'm just saying that, if you blinked your eyes and woke up to a world where FSU and UPC were in the SEC, they wouldn't look ill-suited.

Last edited:
Swinney is 8-7 vs SEC with Bama game coming up. .500 winning % in the SEC gets you fired unless you're Vandy.

Except they are playing for a national championship. Aftter beating LSU, OSU, OU, ND, FSU, and OU again. So there is that. Some schools cant claim anything like that.

You just better hope and pray you don't get embarrassed Monday night, tater. I have a feeling Clemsons team is overconfident about this game like their fan base is. That's awesome. Makes the heartbreak of losing so much sweeter.

How exactly are they overconfident? They haven't said anything derogatory to the press, who by the way are the ones hanging off the Tide's nuts. I'm sure they are confident, though, why wouldn't they be? Any team that goes into a game thinking they are going to lose is destined to do exactly that.

Would love to see the tigers have to play in the sec east. And then have to play lsu texas a and m. They would probably even lose to north carolina.

You mean that weak ass division that Florida won? Yeah, that's super tough. And how exactly would they lose to Unc, champ? Wouldn't even be in the same conference. What's funny is you guys play in the weaker division and rarely have to play the good SEC teams, and you still suck.

How exactly are they overconfident? They haven't said anything derogatory to the press, who by the way are the ones hanging off the Tide's nuts. I'm sure they are confident, though, why wouldn't they be? Any team that goes into a game thinking they are going to lose is destined to do exactly that.
I've noticed Clemson isn't acting as ballsy this week as they were leading up to Oklahoma. Your fan base is still in denial about what they'll be facing Monday night though. The fact that Clemson fans keep pointing to the ole miss game tells me all I need to know.

He said a "feeling" not a "sack of facts," Cletus.

You mean that weak ass division that Florida won? Yeah, that's super tough. And how exactly would they lose to Unc, champ? Wouldn't even be in the same conference. What's funny is you guys play in the weaker division and rarely have to play the good SEC teams, and you still suck.
When the worst team in the SECE bends over the second best team in the ACC the last thing you can do is come over here talking about how crappy someone's division is.

Reactions: BigTomE
I've noticed Clemson isn't acting as ballsy this week as they were leading up to Oklahoma. Your fan base is still in denial about what they'll be facing Monday night though. The fact that Clemson fans keep pointing to the ole miss game tells me all I need to know.

OU was the team that was yapping all week, Clemson hardly said anything. And that report of Lawson boarding the OU bus & talking trash was proven false. Nobody is in denial about facing Bama, I think most fans are happy about it, b/c if they win, nobody can say a damn thing, such as "they got lucky" or didn't earn it. Fans like to point to that game b/c it was a freaking loss, and Ole Miss is a spread team too, which gives Saban fits. That is, indeed, a reason to be confident. But I don't think CU will put up that amount of points, Bama's D got so ridiculous as the season wore on.

OU was the team that was yapping all week, Clemson hardly said anything. And that report of Lawson boarding the OU bus & talking trash was proven false. Nobody is in denial about facing Bama, I think most fans are happy about it, b/c if they win, nobody can say a damn thing, such as "they got lucky" or didn't earn it. Fans like to point to that game b/c it was a freaking loss, and Ole Miss is a spread team too, which gives Saban fits. That is, indeed, a reason to be confident. But I don't think CU will put up that amount of points, Bama's D got so ridiculous as the season wore on.
collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/clemsons-shaq-lawson-did-some-trash-talking-on-oklahomas-team-bus/
tumblr_m8vygodoA91rw9zdso1_1280.gif

When the worst team in the SECE bends over the second best team in the ACC the last thing you can do is come over here talking about how crappy someone's division is.

First week of the season, dude. Shit happens. OSU lost in week 2 last year, doesn't mean those teams don't get better as the season goes on. Not comparing Unc with Osu, but an early loss doesn't make you a crappy team. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't an average FSU team house UF, 27-2? Yeah, thought so.

Turning the ball over 5 times will give any team fits. Turnovers helped keep it close with y'all this year when we played. If you compare the 2 QB's from week 5 you'll see Coker has thrown less int's than Watson. I'm glad you're playing Alabama too because we are about to find out if Cindarella can really dance or not.

First week of the season, dude. Shit happens. OSU lost in week 2 last year, doesn't mean those teams don't get better as the season goes on. Not comparing Unc with Osu, but an early loss doesn't make you a crappy team. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't an average FSU team house UF, 27-2? Yeah, thought so.
Not much happened because Baylor took their 4th string QB and proceeded to run the ball all game and everyone in the world knew it was coming but UNC couldn't stop it. Just be realistic and admit that UNC wasn't as good as we all thought they were.

collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/clemsons-shaq-lawson-did-some-trash-talking-on-oklahomas-team-bus/
tumblr_m8vygodoA91rw9zdso1_1280.gif

I'm aware of what was reported, hard guy. Lawson momentarily stood in front of their bus, then moved along. He didn't say a word. That's according to Lawson.

Not much happened because Baylor took their 4th string QB and proceeded to run the ball all game and everyone in the world knew it was coming but UNC couldn't stop it. Just be realistic and admit that UNC wasn't as good as we all thought they were.

I never thought Unc was any good. That's why Clemson was spanking them. They went into prevent mode, most CU fans were expecting a few garbage Tds, they've been pulling that shit all year.

I'm aware of what was reported, hard guy. Lawson momentarily stood in front of their bus, then moved along. He didn't say a word. That's according to Lawson.
He better get his ass out of the way of the bus that's coming Monday.lol

I never thought Unc was any good. That's why Clemson was spanking them. They went into prevent mode, most CU fans were expecting a few garbage Tds, they've been pulling that shit all year.
Yeah, I'm sure Alabama will get about three more garbage touchdowns than Pickens University will.

We shall see, won't we? At least Clemson is at the big dance, while you coots are hoping Chump salvages that dumpster fire program.
Dumpster fire? LMAO! I'm sure all those inbreds in the northwest corner of the state realize this shit ain't like it was when South Carolina was wandering in the wilderness 40 years ago. We have more money, better facilities, more fans, more viewers, more retail sales, and oh MORE MONEY than Tater Tech, David Duke.

Dumpster fire? LMAO! I'm sure all those inbreds in the northwest corner of the state realize this shit ain't like it was when South Carolina was wandering in the wilderness 40 years ago. We have more money, better facilities, more fans, more viewers, more retail sales, and oh MORE MONEY than Tater Tech, David Duke.

Yeah, dumpster fire. You went 3-9, lost to a freaking FBS team, and your coach QUIT on you mid-season. That's about as bad as it gets. Then you hired a shitty coach and act like he's a savior. And you absolutely do not have better facilities than CU. that's just wishful thinking.

Not to rain on the parade. But Clemson wins didn't come against the Vandy's in the conference unless you consider SC a Vandy. Most of Clemson's SEC games have been against the top of the SEC. They have been in bowl games and season kick off classics. We have not been fortunate enough to pad our record versus the bottom 2/3rds of the SEC east,

Clemson's overall win total is padded by weak conference teams like Boston College, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, Pittsburgh, NC State, and Duke.

You should be careful about making passive aggressive comments about SC padding stats by beating the bottom 2/3rds of our conference when 5 out of Clemson's 7 SEC losses were Vs. the Gamecocks.

Yeah, dumpster fire. You went 3-9, lost to a freaking FBS team, and your coach QUIT on you mid-season. That's about as bad as it gets. Then you hired a shitty coach and act like he's a savior. And you absolutely do not have better facilities than CU. that's just wishful thinking.
Was a good season. Beat the ACC Coastal champions. Lots to build on. Did I also mention USC is now wiping its ass with more $100 bills than your fans have teeth?

Was a good season. Beat the ACC Coastal champions. Lots to build on. Did I also mention USC is now wiping its ass with more $100 bills than your fans have teeth?

That just proves how pathetic your program is, considering that as a good season. Enjoy bottom feeding for the foreseeable future.

Except they are playing for a national championship. Aftter beating LSU, OSU, OU, ND, FSU, and OU again. So there is that. Some schools cant claim anything like that.
OU didn't even finish the season in the top 25 the last time you beat them. Just because they're a big name doesn't mean they were a great team.

How exactly was that report "proven" false?
That story was verified by several members of the press and a bus full of players.

Just curious, why did you just decide to join this site? You taters are multiplying very quickly on this site and I can't for the life of me figure out why now? Why are you even thinking about the Gamecocks? I imagine there weren't many taters around here before the 2014 season. Want to talk trash, then why not join the OU or Alabama site? Oh wait, is this an example of that Clemson "class" you all speak about? Taking time to join this site to kick Gamecocks while we're down? Gloating? That's certainly classy. Or maybe you're just here to tell us how obsessed we are with Clemson, after you took time to sign up here, create a user name, and took up a war to defend all things Datboy/Clemson (on their rivals board). Yep, we're the ones obsessed.
You taters are living, mouth breathing, walking contradictions.

Clemson's "great" defense stats come from stopping teams like Boston College, who didn't even score in three games.

You can have all the stats you want, dude. They manhandled the team most people were predicting to win the whole thing. You think they are worried about Henry?? Dalvin Cook is twice the RB he is, and besides 1 run, they handled him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT