ADVERTISEMENT

Coley leaving and going to Georgia

Seriously? That's kind of a kick to the gut, since we moved (and then lost Stepp) to make room for this guy.

In all seriousness, I hated to see Stepp leave prior to all this. From what I had read, he was considered an "up 'n comer" in the coaching profession. Maybe we can get him back.

Reactions: ks81
hey, at least SC gets some $$$ instead of paying it. Coley signed a two-year contract that was set to pay him $650,000 this year. According to his contact terms, Coley will owe South Carolina a buyout of $450,000.

hey, at least SC gets some $$$ instead of paying it. Coley signed a two-year contract that was set to pay him $650,000 this year. According to his contact terms, Coley will owe South Carolina a buyout of $450,000.
This could be our new strategy to compete. Net income gain...

Anybody here a member of the pay side of this forum? Just perused their Insiders forum and don't see a single mention of Coley.

True. Too bad we can't spend it directly on players. That's what assistants want so they can win and take the next step. Georgia has a lot of contributors. We have a lot of crybaby complainers. Nobody ever complained their way to winning, at least not in football.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Just asking ,,,, wasn't part of the ... "allure', ..... the guarantee of attachting "Proven Quality"... "Experienced", coaching asistents???

Okay, give'em a chance. How many losing season is enough??? LOL!!! ..... I Know, I KNOW, the election was stolen and our coaching questions are a Witch Hunt .... LOL!!!

WOW no loyalty
Not arguing in any sharp or form, whatsoever but, he was, what a 2 week ... employee???

I loved NCAA over NFL because of .... what? LOVE .... LOYALTY ... Whatever, it's gone. Seriously, I realize that I'm whining but, I lost the NFL & NBA because of $$$. I see NCAA regulations out of step with getting an education vs a paycheck. WFC???

LOL!!! And the paradox, to me is, the addiction to playing the "Parimutuel"

Just asking ,,,, wasn't part of the ... "allure', ..... the guarantee of attachting "Proven Quality"... "Experienced", coaching asistents???

Okay, give'em a chance. How many losing season is enough??? LOL!!! ..... I Know, I KNOW, the election was stolen and our coaching questions are a Witch Hunt .... LOL!!!

Yeah, this explains a lot.

Because he didn't have any other options at the time.

Nobody else was willing to hire him then, but suddenly 43 days later he was good enough to be on Georgia's staff. lol

Or maybe he did exactly what I said coaches will do. Leave for a team with more talent for a better chance at success.

Last edited:
Nobody else was willing to hire them then, but suddenly 43 days later he was good enough to be on Georgia's staff. lol

Or maybe he did exactly what I said coaches will do. Leave for a team with more talent for a better chance at success.
As you said earlier and I agreed with you, I'm happy with the Furrey hire. And I know it sounds strange to say this since he was the 2nd hire after Coley: but looking at his background, I agree with Shane that we upgraded from Coley.

I must add this though: Georgia has always had better overall talent than us. Their pool of talent in-state is much greater than ours. And the state of Georgia is basically a one-school state, unlike the state of South Carolina. And UGA has been a national brand long before their recent national championships, probably going back to the days of Wally Butts. I'd love for the "talent" situation to change. I don't expect it to ever change. Just being realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT