ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo on Finnebaum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not you..I call BS on gamecocks fans and Dabo.....if it were possible to clone Dabo Swinney and drop him in as coach of USC, Gamecock fans would be ecstatic

I'm sure a majority of the Gamecock fans don't want this crap...

If we want a cheerleader for a head coach, we will hire Elliot. Elliot has 10X more energy that Dabo.

The impossible is possible if you can think it.

22983817_SA.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
dabo-swinney.jpg

Btw... Does dabonuts taste that good?
Video link to match

I thought Swinney's comments today were classy, appropriate, and respectful. I hate UPC and never will pull for them, but I gained some respect for Swinney today.

Give me a break, Gamecock people hated SOS when he was at Florida, called him classless and many other names, then most loved him at SC.. that's just the way it is.

If Swinney was at SC and winning, you'd love him...that's just the way it is

Buy another pair of glasses to go along with your garnet glasses.

I call it how I see it. I think SOS and Swinney does the same
Sorry dude, not a Datblows fan, never will be A fake, hypocrite, a BS artist, and Just an overall buffoon

Maybe not you..I call BS on gamecocks fans and Dabo.....if it were possible to clone Dabo Swinney and drop him in as coach of USC, Gamecock fans would be ecstatic
hell no....if i wanted to see a clown id go to the circus

No he didn't. Jeff Scott took a pic and tweeted it. Good lord.
oh yeah, that makes a difference....its still out there and everyone can see it...semantics....it happened and a picture of it was taken and placed out there for all to see.....woohoo look at us and what we dooooooooo....absurd

Guys, you may never like Dabo. Is he energetic and emotional? Yes, heck yes. A lot of people talk about God, but I don't think he uses Him as a recruiting tool. Most of you all say that Dabo is self serving, all about himself, never seen a microphone he didn't like, he stages rants, he plants reporters to ask certain questions, etc. Listen to what all Spurrier says here. He basically covered all of the accomplishments he has piled up at SC. Talked about 11 win seasons, bowl games, whipping people's butt and them not liking you anymore, saying he had the body and mentality of a 55 year old man, etc. He then promised that SC had a very good team and was going to turn things back around. He entitled Watson saying he wouldn't lose to you guys and that you guys would be ready when a Clemson comes to town in November and that you guys would be fired up. Lastly he says he is going to coach for a very long time. For 90% of the video he talked about himself and how he didn't like the "enemies" saying things about South Carolina. Said he was tired of it, wanted to put it out there, and wasn't going to talk about it again. I can imagine if Dabo called his own press conference and said verbatim what Spurrier said, except it being about him and Clemson, he would have caught so much crap. Dabo saying he doesn't like the term "Clemsoning" is well within his rights and I'm proud that he took up for his team. He rattled off accomplishments just like Spurrier. He named teams like LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Notre Dame, Auburn......as teams Clemson had beaten. He was promoting the program and defending it. I just don't see any difference guys. I'm convinced that behind closed doors both coaches are nice guys. I believe they respect each other. Dabo even made the statement that Spurrier was the best coach to ever walk the sidelines. That is a huge compliment guys.

Was the rant over the top in 2011? Yes. Is Dabo perfect? No. None of us are guys. He was mad and frustrated that he was smack dab in the middle of a losing streak to our rivals and o would imagine it started to effect him mentally, sort of like making him wonder if the streak would end. We had pretty good teams during the 5 game streak, but it seemed we forgot how to play football when we got to our game. Spurrier even said so. He said that Clemson had great talent, but it appeared like a Clemson just forgot how to play during that game. In 2013 we had 6 turnovers. Maybe we did play too uptight. Who knows? I guess it is irrelevant in the point I'm making.

Lastly, in the little interview this year after practice Spurrier came off the field talking about how bad all aspects of the football team were for you guys. He said none of the QBs could hit the broad side of a barn, receivers couldn't catch a cold in the middle of February, and that the FG kickers were like the military kicking left right left right. I laughed. I took it as sarcasm and worried about how good the team was. It was classic Spurrier. I found. Othing wrong with anything he said, but in hindsight I think he saw a team with very little talent and the fewest playmakers he had seen since 2009. I think it was the truth hidden right in plain sight. Now that comment is not slamming your team at all. You guys may beat us in November with, IMO, a less talented team. It happens. Wow, I am rambling and I'm sorry.

To sum it up, Dabo is human. He is happy about his team, but is honest in the fact that he hasn't and will not make any guarantees about a game before it is played. He quickly shifts his attention to the next team up and says that next game is the most important game of the year. And he is right. Dabo isn't Spurrier. When God made Spurrier he broke the mold. Both coaches are unique. One knows more football than all on this board combined. The other one could sell so skis to a woman on disability in southern Florida who is confined to a wheelchair. He k ow football as well. Just not as much as the other. They bot are skillfully and privately know their talebts, strengths, weaknesses, and limits. One likes to recruit. The other one got used to Florida by name only recruited for him. That's just the way it is
They are differwnt, but have the same desires on the football field.

Lastly, I want to say that I am truly sorry you guys are going through this. I know it is hard. You love your team. I know that feeling. Sometimes after a Clemson loss I wonder if the loss upsets me worse than it does the players. We are fanatics. Plain and simple. I just wanted to share with you some thoughts about Dabo from the other side of the rivalry. He isn't a bad person. Does he want to win a national championship? Yes. Does he believe we will? I'm very excited about the direction of the program, but in being honest I can go down the list of the top 15 to 25 and tell you that there are teams that scare me. Some teams are just horrible match ups for you and may beat you, but using the eye test the rest of the year the other team looks better. Okay, I'm done. I apologize I took us much time. Again, I am sorry you guys are down right now. You won't stay down. Too much fight on the roster for that to happen. Good luck the rest of the year

God bless

South Carolina will be fine. We will hire a winner. Everything else is now in place. The facilities, etc. We have the money to hire the best candidate. I'm sure this will make Clempson fans mad, but i don't think Dabo is ready for the sec. You can disagree. In 7 years I believe he is about .500 in the sec. Much easier to win at Clempson and in the acc. Its just true. I can admit in basketball it's easier to win in the sec. Recruiting will now improve with the Spurrier announcement. Hell, we are only ranked 10 spots behind Clempson in the recruiting rankings. Brandon Mcalwain is a huge catch and will continue to help recruiting. Things aren't always as good or bad as they seem. Just remember no matter who we hire every Clempson fan will say it's a bad hire. We could ask them to pick the hire and they would still say it's a bad hire. Oh, and Dablow is a joke. The rant against USC makes him a dick in my view forever.

Dabo Swinney is a class act, few on this site will agree, but so be it
Master self-promoter...yes. Why'd he mention his interim hire date?? To promote himself.

Class?? No...see "the rant", the promotional baptism, the "do you know who I am" attempt to get out of a speeding ticket...the list goes on and on. The world revolves around Dabo, according to him. If anything, he's classless.

And to all the taters, don't forget that the HBC owns Dabo!

Lord that Clemson fan wrote a book lol. Not reading all that. Dabo is a good coach. I don't care who he coaches for in my career results matter and he's getting them. He has a good team. I actually think he and Coach Spurrier like each other.

We have had two tater coaches in a row proclaim their disdain for USC. I despise Bowden and I despise Swinney. They zip through their little high school schedules like they have really done something. I have never one time heard Spurrier say he disliked Clemson

Spurrier has his one liners and Datboy has his staged preconceived rant which USC fans will never forget. Spurrier has too much class and Dabo will never measure up to SOS. SOS even called him after one of our tater beat downs and told Dabo to hang in there. You think Dabo would ever do such a thing?

Tweet that.

If Swinney was at SC, I'd pull against him. He's a bad person based on how he's presented himself to the public. Maybe he's a great guy behind closed doors. I don't know.

On the other hand, I really like their baseball coach. I won't pull for him, but I can admit that I really like him.

You just spent 10+ years pulling for one of the biggest jerks in all of sports (on the field and in the press conference room at least) but you couldn't pull for Swinney? It's ok to be a redneck sometimes and have class about yourself.

Most of hate other teams and people only because they win or a rival. Most of the crap spewed on here about Swinneyxis pretty unfounded. If Swinney was in Columbia and had the same success you'd love him.

I don't like Urban Meyer, Spurrier, Tyler Hansbrough, Joakin Noah, etc be they are winners and any small thing they do I use(d) it validate my hatred. Fact is if they were in Lexington on the sidelines/bench, I'd absolutely love them and defend them til the end.

Reactions: cockynSC66
You just spent 10+ years pulling for one of the biggest jerks in all of sports (on the field and in the press conference room at least
You're currently pulling for the biggest hypocrite in all of sports, a man who talks and talks about religion in order to benefit his football program. He preaches one thing and lives another. Like him or not, Spurrier is what he says he is. He's as honest and as loyal as they come. I'd argue that his loyalty cost him a lot of games. That's one of his weaknesses as a coach, but it's one of his biggest strengths as a person.

Reactions: 92Pony
You're currently pulling for the biggest hypocrite in all of sports, a man who talks and talks about religion in order to benefit his football program. He preaches one thing and lives another. Like him or not, Spurrier is what he says he is. He's as honest and as loyal as they come. I'd argue that his loyalty cost him a lot of games. That's one of his weaknesses as a coach, but it's one of his biggest strengths as a person.

I think you have a problem with religion, not Dabo.

I don't care for people who exploit religion. I'm very religious, and I don't need to tell everyone that I come across how religious I am.

I am certain there is no way I could ever change your opinion on Dabo. I feel like the way he treats his players, staff, and fan base is a much more powerful indicator of who he is as a person than his tendency to talk too much. He has been vocal in the past about his faith, but you are overstating how much he "exploits" it. Not saying there haven't been a couple of instances that were iffy, but it's not what you are making it out to be.

He is a lot of things, and I could even agree with you on him being goofy at times, but I just don't see the "fake" person you describe. Sorry. He ain't the boogie man.

I am certain there is no way I could ever change your opinion on Dabo. I feel like the way he treats his players, staff, and fan base is a much more powerful indicator of who he is as a person than his tendency to talk too much. He has been vocal in the past about his faith, but you are overstating how much he "exploits" it. Not saying there haven't been a couple of instances that were iffy, but it's not what you are making it out to be.

He is a lot of things, and I could even agree with you on him being goofy at times, but I just don't see the "fake" person you describe. Sorry. He ain't the boogie man.

He treats his money line very well, I agree. How about cops, reporters, other fan bases and other schools?

oh yeah, that makes a difference....its still out there and everyone can see it...semantics....it happened and a picture of it was taken and placed out there for all to see.....woohoo look at us and what we dooooooooo....absurd

It's so dumb to take the 'we're good and they're evil' approach to college football. I hate South Carolina but I'm not insane enough to think all of your coaches and your program are evil. LOL some of you are so crazy.

He treats his money line very well, I agree. How about cops, reporters, other fan bases and other schools?

So basically he acts exactly like Spurrier, but since he has publicly talked about his faith he is a horrible person? Got it. Good luck in your search for the perfect person to lead your program.

Reactions: jblanken64
It's so dumb to take the 'we're good and they're evil' approach to college football. I hate South Carolina but I'm not insane enough to think all of your coaches and your program are evil. LOL some of you are so crazy.
no, but ure just insane enuff to tell me i said something i didnt.....next your gonna be telling me im an athiest

The cop was fired because he posted on facebook bragging about pulling over Dabo. He was a big Gamecock fan....that's not good for business in the upstate.
Dabo pulled the "do you know who I am" card...he should have paid his ticket...period, tweet that!

So basically he acts exactly like Spurrier, but since he has publicly talked about his faith he is a horrible person? Got it. Good luck in your search for the perfect person to lead your program.
Why are you trying to convince me to like him? I don't care for him. It's not just because he's a Clemson coach. I've liked other Clemson coaches. He's a salesman and many do that to me.

Reactions: vehemon
I think cloning probably goes against his religious beliefs.

I'd rather have robot Dabo... Dabot.

We hate it and most won't admit it but Dabo has turned into a very good football coach and is building a great football program. That only helps us as it'll force us to do even more to make sure we never again fall behind

We hate it and most won't admit it but Dabo has turned into a very good football coach and is building a great football program. That only helps us as it'll force us to do even more to make sure we never again fall behind
He's really just a football coach in name. He's acting almost like an assistant AD, but without responsibility for the other sports programs. I think that's why most people say they wouldn't want him as a coach. He's done a good job in his assistant AD role, so I'll give him that.

He's also just not very likeable.

Last edited:

Don't think that has anything to do with it. Using religion as a recruiting tool is classless. I would be embarrassed if our coaches were telling 16-17 year old kids "God wants you to come here". It's unethical, IMHO.

After Mangus pissed on the sidewalk in downtown Greenville he played the "don't you know who I am card." Just saying.

Other than the attitude that came across in Dabo's rant against SC, what did he say that wasn't true?

I don't think he has told anybody "God wants you to come to Clemson",I do think he is a Christian .The fact he shares his faith is not classless. The state of South Carolina ( along with Ala, Ga,Mississippi, Tenn,La)is still a state where being Christian is not a negative characteristic.To ask him to be less vocal about his faith is to deny him his freedom. I'm sure that a lot of family's may find his faith annoying , therefore it could hurt him in recruiting as well .

Reactions: jblanken64
Don't think that has anything to do with it. Using religion as a recruiting tool is classless. I would be embarrassed if our coaches were telling 16-17 year old kids "God wants you to come here". It's unethical, IMHO.
True Christianity by nature can not be unethical ...

I don't think he has told anybody "God wants you to come to Clemson",I do think he is a Christian .The fact he shares his faith is not classless. The state of South Carolina ( along with Ala, Ga,Mississippi, Tenn,La)is still a state where being Christian is not a negative characteristic.To ask him to be less vocal about his faith is to deny him his freedom. I'm sure that a lot of family's may find his faith annoying , therefore it could hurt him in recruiting as well .

I read an article a few years back quoting a Clemson recruit.
Nothing classless about having faith, any faith. Classless to use a recruits faith though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT