ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo on Finnebaum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thanks be to Jesus for Dabo, the millionaire without a hint of hubris, is there to instill morals in his players.

joel-osteen.jpg
You know who is classy as well? Joel Osteen.

I really don't understand this problem with a coach being a Christian??? Mark Richt always thanked and blessed God but the vitriol on this board never criticized Richt staff n the same manner. Dabo never once exploited the baptisms! It has always been the media or players that made this a spectacle. If anyone has a problem with someone spreading Christianity especially in the South then you need to check your "Self"!! Believer or not? But trying to build more morality in a system should never be poo-poo'd. Dabo lover or not but if morals are taught among our young the better we will all be! Take the religious facade out, people are better with morals!!!
The problem is he goes on this hate filled rant, gets a cop fired and acts like an ass, etc. It's not a problem that he is a Christian, he's just a hypocrite. He acts like a Christian when things are going his way, but when he faces adversity, we've seen his true nature. Never heard richt talk smack about another school

Reactions: mbsurfside
The problem is he goes on this hate filled rant, gets a cop fired and acts like an ass, etc. It's not a problem that he is a Christian, he's just a hypocrite. He acts like a Christian when things are going his way, but when he faces adversity, we've seen his true nature. Never heard richt talk smack about another school

Exactly ! Why others can’t see this is beyond me.

Give me a break, Gamecock people hated SOS when he was at Florida, called him classless and many other names, then most loved him at SC.. that's just the way it is.

If Swinney was at SC and winning, you'd love him...that's just the way it is

Buy another pair of glasses to go along with your garnet glasses.

I call it how I see it. I think SOS and Swinney does the same
Quite blowing smoke tater....WRONG....I've always liked Spurrier....and I know many others who felt the same....when a player got out of line, he disciplined them well....didn't sit them out against teams like DOOK and WEAK FOREST.....Dabo and his slush fund are CHEATING and have been for years...period....

Quite blowing smoke tater....WRONG....I've always liked Spurrier....and I know many others who felt the same....when a player got out of line, he disciplined them well....didn't sit them out against teams like DOOK and WEAK FOREST.....Dabo and his slush fund are CHEATING and have been for years...period....
Dabo suspended Sammy Watkins for 2 games after getting popped for weed in the 2012 offseason, including the opener against Auburn. Auburn had two players arrested for the exact same thing the following offseason. Ask whether they were suspended for the opener, or for the following games against Directional State.

Deon Cain and two Alabama players failed drug tests before the playoff in the 2015 season. Cain? Suspended for both games, as Clemson’s leading receiver. Saban played both of his players. Bama won the game by 5 points, and I’m curious how the game might have gone had Bama been down 2 starters and Clemson had their leading receiver.

Your “theory” about Dabo’s lack of discipline is made up.

Reactions: flyfisher29640

The cop was not fired because of Dabo. The cop was fired because he posted video of the altercation on social media from a work computer.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
I am not a Christian. But I do understand that Christians can be human. And humans make mistakes. If a person claims to be a Christian but has done some things in his life which aren't the most Christ-like, it doesn't make them a hypocrite. It shows they're human.
I have no reason to believe that Dabo's faith is not genuine. And further, I have a hard time understanding why his motivations behind his faith make any difference to me or anyone of you.

Reactions: dogunwo
Dabo suspended Sammy Watkins for 2 games after getting popped for weed in the 2012 offseason, including the opener against Auburn. Auburn had two players arrested for the exact same thing the following offseason. Ask whether they were suspended for the opener, or for the following games against Directional State.

Deon Cain and two Alabama players failed drug tests before the playoff in the 2015 season. Cain? Suspended for both games, as Clemson’s leading receiver. Saban played both of his players. Bama won the game by 5 points, and I’m curious how the game might have gone had Bama been down 2 starters and Clemson had their leading receiver.

Your “theory” about Dabo’s lack of discipline is made up.
This post will not get a response.

Your choice to heap as much credit as you want on him.. As for me, he is the same jerk that he has been all along.. Oh and I do not hate him, I just think he falls somewhere between amusing and disgusting..
I agree. Dumbo cheets all the time at klempzen. He uses the church and stuff to get recruits. He is a dancing monkey and a used car salesman! I would not have him here, ever even if he went 12-0 here. I would rather go 5-7 every year than have him!

Reactions: barneycock
What do you have against baptism? Why remove the speck in your brothers eye when you have a log in your own.? I you are a believer, you have aright to disagreement, but if you are just another secular humanist intent on “showing the hypocrisy of Christians”. Then shame on you!

Anytime he opens his mouth is just another opportunity to promote himself and/or Clemson.. Even when he is being nice! I like him better when he is saying crap about us.. That is the only time he is being honest..
It's a lot easier to say nice things about your opponent when you are beating them. When he was on the losing end he wasn't so complimentary.

Reactions: 0007cock
I really don't understand this problem with a coach being a Christian??? Mark Richt always thanked and blessed God but the vitriol on this board never criticized Richt staff n the same manner. Dabo never once exploited the baptisms! It has always been the media or players that made this a spectacle. If anyone has a problem with someone spreading Christianity especially in the South then you need to check your "Self"!! Believer or not? But trying to build more morality in a system should never be poo-poo'd. Dabo lover or not but if morals are taught among our young the better we will all be! Take the religious facade out, people are better with morals!!!
Dablow acts like Jesus loves Clemson. He is a Pharisee at heart. Most coaches are Christians. Mark Richt gave his testimony about his salvation and he said the night he won the national championship with Florida State Bobby Bowden pulled all his coaches into the locker room immediately after the game. He said all the joy of winning the national championship means nothing if you are not saved. Richt said right then and there that he made the decision to give his heart to the Lord. How many Clemson fans love Bobby Bowden?

Please. Dablow builds an 8 million dollar house but won’t agree to let his own players get a stipend to eat at McDonald’s. Wait. I’m wrong. He said that at first then he CHANGED his mind when he started to look bad. He is a salesman first and though he may be honest in his faith, He comes across a little slimy to me. What other coach keeps his players out of camera range while he stands alone to be worshipped by 80,000 fans.

Why are Clemson fans on here promoting dipshit Dabo Swinney when Steve Spurrier just retired. Finebaum is foolish for having him on the SEC Network. No one cares what Dabo's opinion is about anything to do with college football, especially his opinion about the career of Steve Spurrier.
The perception a lot of people have of Mr. Swinney is caused by his actions. Dabo Swinney is a promoter and a showman. He has taken over the minds of Clemson backers greater than anyone since Pitchfork Ben Tillman. Granted, he has ruled the ACC this year with the demise of FSU and has been churning out the wins over hapless ACC opponents and has whipped Carolina four in a row in addition to his national title. Really impressive but that in itself doesn't make him the fine outstanding person most snowed Clemson folks think he is. I could cite several examples of what I mean. Purple and Orange worshipers of Dabo better enjoyyourPurple and Orange ride because it won't be long before things will even up in this state. Even the poor ACC teams for once mght become worthy of being representative of a power 5 conference.

The perception a lot of people have of Mr. Swinney is caused by his actions. Dabo Swinney is a promoter and a showman. He has taken over the minds of Clemson backers greater than anyone since Pitchfork Ben Tillman. Granted, he has ruled the ACC this year with the demise of FSU and has been churning out the wins over hapless ACC opponents and has whipped Carolina four in a row in addition to his national title. Really impressive but that in itself doesn't make him the fine outstanding person most snowed Clemson folks think he is. I could cite several examples of what I mean. Purple and Orange worshipers of Dabo better enjoyyourPurple and Orange ride because it won't be long before things will even up in this state. Even the poor ACC teams for once mght become worthy of being representative of a power 5 conference.

What makes a great football conference is the rivalry games, ranked opponent games, and fan interest and attendance. Now that Florida State is in decline, Clemson doesn't have a decent ACC rival. FSU and the ACC will suffer because FSU did not invest in the facilities Jimbo wanted to keep them as the best program in that league. Clemson has lost their marquee ACC game and the only ACC rivalry game that had appeal is gone with the wind and the dedication Texas AM has to beating Alabama.

We have that dedication also and I think more so now than ever before. I can't remember us ever firing a coach after an 8 win regular season. Pretty clear our AD, administrators, and football staff are after winning big time and the best days are ahead.

I think it is great for a coach to be Christian. I just think Christians should be recruiting for God instead of using God as a recruiting tool.

Reactions: SportsFan482
What makes a great football conference is the rivalry games, ranked opponent games, and fan interest and attendance. Now that Florida State is in decline, Clemson doesn't have a decent ACC rival. FSU and the ACC will suffer because FSU did not invest in the facilities Jimbo wanted to keep them as the best program in that league. Clemson has lost their marquee ACC game and the only ACC rivalry game that had appeal is gone with the wind and the dedication Texas AM has to beating Alabama.

We have that dedication also and I think more so now than ever before. I can't remember us ever firing a coach after an 8 win regular season. Pretty clear our AD, administrators, and football staff are after winning big time and the best days are ahead.
Not sure I'm following your logic here. FSU has 3 national championships in the last 25 years, and now they're dead and buried because they changed coaches? Florida and Tennessee just changed coaches, so I guess they're a thing of the past? Is South Carolina hanging their hat on Georgia as their only marquee matchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT