ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo's comments on the hiring of Shane Beamer

If you like looking up stuff. Read DeShaun Watson's comments after the South Carolina game his Jr year. Then read Connor Shaw's comments after the game his SR year. Both are team leaders and spent a lot of time with the Head Coach. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell which one was taught respect and class.

If you like looking up stuff. Read DeShaun Watson's comments after the South Carolina game his Jr year. Then read Connor Shaw's comments after the game his SR year. Both are team leaders and spent a lot of time with the Head Coach. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell which one was taught respect and class.
Should we also read some of jake bentley's comments after the games? you have some deep hatred

I guess I watched a different video. All I saw and heard was a ridiculous tirade on the athletic department around football. What part did I miss that was the entire university? The last 15 seconds?
Yep. The ending. He can’t say that and have me ever like him as long as I support The University of South Carolina That’s just me. Loved that we knocked them off two more times in a row after that but you can’t deny their football success since then. I just don’t and won’t ever like that coach.

Funny how we think these guys feel toward each other...correct me if I am wrong but the two people Spurrier invited to his induction ceremony to the College Football HOF was Philip Fulmer and Dabo Swinney - two coaches he torched verbally. Funny if it was to rub their noses in the fact he made it to the HOF hahaha.

Reactions: rogue cock
He is just being Nice. Dabo did not like Will. Will was flippant and made a joke about the man’s wife. Will let it be known time and time again to other coaches that he believed Dabo was fake and lacked sincerity. Dabo was made aware of Will’s feelings and i promise you Dabo didn’t think much of Will either.
True dat.

It would seem that way to you and me. But who knows how far back they really go and what they say over the phone? Every coach is looking is for favors

If you pay them they will come. clemson magically started cherry picking 4 and 5 star recruits from Florida to California.

We didn't just "magically" start getting those guys though. It was a very slow build that started over a decade ago. This wasn't a Hugh Freeze situation where he took the Ole Miss job and then nearly signed the #1 class in the country a year or two later.

Go back and look at both Clemson's records and recruiting rankings over the last 12 or even 15 years and it was just a slow and steady climb in both that really started with putting money into the program with new facilities back around 2005. If this all seemed sudden to you it was because you were too busy 5-bombing Clemson fans to actually pay any attention to what was going on with our program.

Heck, Dabo has consistently outperformed both his recruiting rankings and the preseason AP rankings over his entire tenure at Clemson. Per 247 composite he didn't sign his first top 10 class until 2015 - the year he broke through and coached for a national championship. And he didn't sign anyone from CA until after winning two championships. I'm not sure why there should be red flags about a top QB wanting to play for a program that has won 2 national championships, made 5 straight playoff appearances, and is about to have a 2nd QB drafted in the top 10 of the NFL draft - all within the last 5 years.

Dabo is a good recruiter, but the ironic thing is that he's been even better as a coach - or if you refuse to actually give him credit as a coach - as a program builder and evaluator of both talented coaches and players.

I think they made a good hire.

I consider Shane a friend. Good person. Known him for a long time. He’s always stayed in touch over the years. Got a sweet wife. Great family guy.

I have tons of respect for his entire family. Frank Beamer is one of the good guys in this business and I became good friends with him when VT joined the ACC.

I’ve known Shane a long time. He was with Woody McCorvey at Mississippi State.

Really good person. Has been very successful as a football coach.

He’s our rival and all that type of stuff, but I have a lot of respect for him as a person, a man, a father, a husband and a football coach. I think they hired a good man.

Talked to him over the phone last week and had a good conversation.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative, although he never said anything positive about Will that i can recall.
There is not a lot on here that had anything positive to say about Muschamp either

There is so much crazy stuff that goes on with clemson football, I could write a book about it. Like I stated before clemson does have a history of doing this. That happened the last time they started surprisingly winning big. How many 4 and 5 star recruits did dabo sign after clemson lost in the Charlotte bowl?

If only the NCAA had someone to read rival message boards, they would uncover enough evidence to shut down their program forever to thee.

Reactions: FJRTiger
If only the NCAA had someone to read rival message boards, they would uncover enough evidence to shut down their program forever to thee.
You are right. Someone not looking through orange colored lenses

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT