ADVERTISEMENT

Damn Ray!!

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
do we have a HC or not? What a haphazard seeming introduction.
Reports we have a new coach but no one really knows.
Crap again in process

And a team that has won 2 NC in the decade is still having to go up and comer.
Best wishes whoever gets it. And no matter his success, Ray fumbles another one.

Reactions: trekcock
Crap again in process

Best wishes whoever gets it. And no matter his success, Ray fumbles another one.
Dang PK that even didn't make sense man. "And no matter his success Ray fumbles another one"? If he has success there ain't no fumble besides who was the first fumble? Just trying to clarify.

Dang PK that even didn't make sense man. "And no matter his success Ray fumbles another one"? If he has success there ain't no fumble besides who was the first fumble? Just trying to clarify.
It's been fumbled in that everyone seems to think we hired Kingston but we don't know for sure. Yes/No?

We fumbled our way into Will Muschamp when the guy at Houston turned him down. He no plan B or better yet 1A.

We are taking a Sparky Woods for baseball when we have won 2 NC in a decade. We talked Bout"imagine what woods will do w the USC name if he could do this at App St. "

If he wins it's a blind squirrel finding a nut just like if Champ wins.

The BOT don't meet until tomorrow to discuss/approve financials etc.. He most likely can't officially announce the new coach until this is done first.

Reactions: atl-cock
It's been fumbled in that everyone seems to think we hired Kingston but we don't know for sure. Yes/No?

We fumbled our way into Will Muschamp when the guy at Houston turned him down. He no plan B or better yet 1A.

We are taking a Sparky Woods for baseball when we have won 2 NC in a decade. We talked Bout"imagine what woods will do w the USC name if he could do this at App St. "

I never liked the Woods hiring either Woods was way over his head and never had a prayer but baseball is the same at USF as it is at Carolina. Hitting, pitching and defense is how it's done no matter where you coached. Look at Gary Gilmore at Coastal he wouldn't be a popular hire here but he won a NC last year. Hopefully he can bring team chemistry back and get some talent too.

Maybe we need better facilities and better history to get a proven big time coach

Reactions: lostcock
King Dixon was running the YMCA in Laurens when our idiot BOT hired him to become AD. Wonder who is running it now?

King Dixon was running the YMCA in Laurens when our idiot BOT hired him to become AD. Wonder who is running it now?
thanks for that, along with a clemsux football recruiting report from all 5-star world central headquarters, my day is complete! t?

I would love the moderators to put together a push-pin post of all the posters that are trashing this hire before he is even hired for future reference. Idiots.

Last edited:
I would love the moderators to put together a push-pin post of all the posters that are trashing this hire before he is even hired for future reference. Idiots.
I have not trashed the hire just that we should be able to swing a bigger stick than an up & comer.

But mainly I hate another half hearted effort from BOT and another piss poor search/announcement from Ray Tanner.

His arm is not and never has been long enough for this type job,
We are limited by his lack of connections and a cheap BOT!

you mean better than 2x NC in the decade
Those two "Nattys" (couldn't help myself) don't matter anymore we are starting almost from scratch. I don't wanna be like Clemson was for 30 years living on what they called a NC. This coach ain't got those teams he has to build his own NC caliper team. I bet he didn't decide to come because of something from the past he took the job for the future. It just so happens we have a great place to play we great fans. He also probably came for the $$ but that's not important....LOL

I have not trashed the hire just that we should be able to swing a bigger stick than an up & comer.

But mainly I hate another half hearted effort from BOT and another piss poor search/announcement from Ray Tanner.

Ray does not have a lack of connections in the college baseball world. Quite the opposite.

Reactions: atl-cock and 92Pony

How long you been living with Ray to know all this?

Geez, some of you are so embarrassing. It's the same people that go on about the good ole' days, I'm sure.

Still trying to figure out where it was stated we offered Herman. Everyone makes the assumption but no one offers proof.

Crap again in process

Maybe so, who knows. We will know for sure in three years. One thing for sure, Ray went cheap again. No way this guy gets a million bucks. If Holbrook was getting 400K, I see no more than 600K for this guy, imo.

Maybe so, who knows. We will know for sure in three years. One thing for sure, Ray went cheap again. No way this guy gets a million bucks. If Holbrook was getting 400K, I see no more than 600K for this guy, imo.
He went cheap, so give him the same as Holbrook. He was only making around 150K. Why give him a 5 year contract that might not work out for more?

CMK was only getting $200k-$225k at SFU, so $400k should be plenty for him. I support this hire, but if Tanner and the BOT offers $600k, I'll be scratching my head over that move.

I am convinced that nobody will meet up to the standards of people on this page. Give you s SC diploma, donate to Gamecock club or weekend fan and you are an expert on every move/hire done. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade; there are too many armchair coaches here that believe your dislike will change the world and impact the decisions made. Speak your mind as you wish but at the end of the day get a life.

It's frankly embarrassing that we (a top 5 program) have to get an UNPROVEN head coach for our program instead of someone who has been taking a team to Omaha consistently.

IT'S SAD!

Ray does not have a lack of connections in the college baseball world. Quite the opposite.
So why we getting a unknown and holding our breath
Because maybe, just maybe, CRT knows a few things, and has some insight on things that you don't.

If people want to bag on Tanner as an inexperienced AD, okay. But to act like he doesn't know what he's doing in the realm of baseball, baseball coaching and what it takes to win is just stupid.
For more assurance that Ray didn't just go get some bum to coach USC baseball, check out he "Tweets about Kingston" thread on here. Seems like a number of national baseball guys are giving Kingston props and SC kudos for the hire.

The BOT don't meet until tomorrow to discuss/approve financials etc.. He most likely can't officially announce the new coach until this is done first.
BT is correct. No official announcement from USC until approved by BOT. Everything you have heard so far is from "sources". Ray has fumbled nothing.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT