ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn being Dawn at ESPYs

So, what is the optimal number of white players in each sport since that is where this seems to be going? 50%, 30%, 75%? If you know that one (Chloe Kitts) isn't enough, then how many is?? Chloe started most games. Dawn's coaching staff is pretty diverse, so no evidence of any foul play there. Ask the Bowling Green coach what he thinks? Dawn went to bat for him.

Yep- I just want her to recruit the best. This is one sport where we can honestly say our coaches target only the top players in the country. So our pool is pretty limited.

We aren't recruiting players that outside the top 50-60 players- where many decent teams focus their efforts. We basically totally ignore players lower than that- which are still good players. That's because our pool is at the very top of the list.

and I've proven above she recruits them regardless of skin color.

and some of those top players let us know quick that they are focused on other schools. No reason to waste money flying out to California to recruit a top 15 player that dreams of playing at Stanford. Again, as I mentioned, UCONN didn't recruit Clark. They didn't have to- because they had a top player at her position on the team so they focused elsewhere to build out a complete team.

This is a really dumb topic because USCWatson is consumed with what color our players happen to be. What a lousy life to be focused on that with our national title team and program.

You would have been a great segregationist denier.

Except you haven't.

No idea what a "segregationist denier" is- sounds like something you'd be involved with though

Dawn recruits white players. I'm sorry that upsets you so much.

So, what is the optimal number of white players in each sport since that is where this seems to be going? 50%, 30%, 75%? If you know that one (Chloe Kitts) isn't enough, then how many is?? Chloe started most games. Dawn's coaching staff is pretty diverse, so no evidence of any foul play there. Ask the Bowling Green coach what he thinks? Dawn went to bat for him.
You aren't going to get an answer that makes any sense from USCWatson who is consumed with the skin color of the players and his anger that we don't have more white players to fill his quota

I'm curious about how you stay informed. Pointers?
New York Post twice a day - the US News page is what I bookmark there. Conservative editorial policy. Straight news whichever way it cuts - they don't cull anybody. I pretty much disregard the celebrity stuff on there - having very little use for any of them. I also have the 1440 Digest and the Wall Street Journal summaries sent to my email. Another Tip: download the Mozilla privacy browser. It bypasses more paywalls. I also look at the Washington Times website occasionally.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque
You aren't going to get an answer that makes any sense from USCWatson who is consumed with the skin color of the players and his anger that we don't have more white players to fill his quota

Crazy you still haven't been able to tell us how many white players Dawn has signed in the last 15 years.

Crazy you still haven't been able to tell us how many white players Dawn has signed in the last 15 years.

A few? I haven't even looked it up. Not going to.

I hope she never signs any white or black players if they don't help our team, aren't in the top 20-50 players in the country.

But given most of them are black, signing mostly black players is going to make a lot of good sense.

I'm not sorry that hurts your sensitive feelings.

“The facts are irrelevant to my opinion”

DeeDave

Incorrect. A coach that is racist against white people, as your stupid contention is with Dawn Staley, wouldn't recruit white players. It would be counter productive to recuit them and try to get them to the team.

I've detailed a list of numerous white players we've pursued, offered and recruited which makes your moronic opinion even more silly than it ever was at any point in time.

Until the NCAA forces players to commit to schools that offer them, the pertinent criteria that matters is how many we try to land by offering them and recruiting them.

Where have I said I don’t like Dawn Staley?

I can really only recall one white player she’s recruited in the last decade.

We know the lack of integrity you possess. I sure wouldn't like any coach that was racist.

We've already established your memory is pathetically awful- as I've proven above with a list of white players that she recruited and offered.

That you don't "recall" is not only evidence of a terrible memory, it's clear evidence of a pattern of ignoring facts you don't like, that prove your theory is wrong.

Staley has been all-in on knee-jerk reactions to social flame issues like Floyd, BLM, and inequality in pay before the actual facts were actually presented to her. So you can understand players of other ethnicities might not feel that's the best environment for them.

Staley has been all-in on knee-jerk reactions to social flame issues like Floyd, BLM, and inequality in pay before the actual facts were actually presented to her. So you can understand players of other ethnicities might not feel that's the best environment for them.

It’s sad that DeeDave has gone so far off the rails, it’s making you look like the reasonable one.

Indeed. Just offering a recruit isn’t enough. You need to cultivate a culture that people want to join.

Everyone would question a law firm if they offered law students jobs, but they kept being turned down by students of color. The onus would be on the firm to cultivate a better culture.

Reactions: Ward Jr
It’s sad that DeeDave has gone so far off the rails, it’s making you look like the reasonable one.

Indeed. Just offering a recruit isn’t enough. You need to cultivate a culture that people want to join.

Everyone would question a law firm if they offered law students jobs, but they kept being turned down by students of color. The onus would be on the firm to cultivate a better culture.

Why do so many white female basketball players refuse to play for a black coach?

Why do you accept their racism?

Why do so many white female basketball players refuse to play for a black coach?

Why do you accept their racism?
The odds are that Staley offers a few scholarships to white players she probably knows have no interest in playing for her. She does this for optics.

Personally, I don't see why we should care about that. I would say the same about any other company or organization too. Hire the most qualify or those who you believe will work best in your system. Staley has done that well and is at the peak of her profession as a result. Forget the progressive nonsense that everything has to be proportional. That's a loser mentality.

The odds are that Staley offers a few scholarships to white players she probably knows have no interest in playing for her. She does this for optics.

First, there is no such progressive view that players on any athletic team has to reflect some proportions. That's a straw man if there ever was one.

It is a progressive view that companies, and especially public bodies that serve the public should largely reflect the people they serve in all sorts of ways, including gender and race. It's also great business.

If that were the case, it would make much more sense to recruit a white player that you knew would 100% want to come here and could at least be a great practice player- a white player ranked in the 100-150 range that would jump at the chance to be on the roster at a place like South Carolina. (especially given the fact that Dawn is known as a coach that doesn't always fill up her scholarship limit anyway)

Offering the very top white players and not recruting them seriously with no interest in actually signing them could really hurt a program's reputation in the recruiting world and with high school coaches and club coaches- thus hurting your chances at the black players you really want because many of these players are all friends with each other.

Seems like a hell of a scheme with virtually no upside, and a ton of downsides- leaving you wide open to any white player -or even just one white player coming out publicly and accuse a coach of faking their interest in them because of skin color.

Sure seems very far fetched for a top 3 program to do such a thing all because the head coach hates white players so much as to fake recruit them.

(It must be said, the only people that believe anything remotely like this is a very, very small group of white, middle age and older males and maybe 5 or 6 white male fans younger than middle age- that follow or loosely follow South Carolina Gamecock sports).

Last edited:
First, there is no such progressive view that players on any athletic team has to reflect some proportions. That's a straw man if there ever was one.

It is a progressive view that companies, and especially public bodies that serve the public should largely reflect the people they serve in all sorts of ways, including gender and race. It's also great business.

If that were the case, it would make much more sense to recruit a white player that you knew would 100% want to come here and could at least be a great practice player- a white player ranked in the 100-150 range that would jump at the chance to be on the roster at a place like South Carolina. (especially given the fact that Dawn is known as a coach that doesn't always fill up her scholarship limit anyway)

Offering the very top white players and not recruting them seriously with no interest in actually signing them could really hurt a program's reputation in the recruiting world and with high school coaches and club coaches- thus hurting your chances at the black players you really want because many of these players are all friends with each other.

Seems like a hell of a scheme with virtually no upside, and a ton of downsides- leaving you wide open to any white player -or even just one white player coming out publicly and accuse a coach of faking their interest in them because of skin color.

Sure seems very far fetched for a top 3 program to do such a thing all because the head coach hates white players so much as to fake recruit them.

(It must be said, the only people that believe anything remotely like this is a very, very small group of white, middle age and older males and maybe 5 or 6 white male fans younger than middle age- that follow or loosely follow South Carolina Gamecock sports).
You're overthinking it. Dawn has built a culture that revolves around a certain type of athlete. As a poster mentioned above, in general it's probably not conducive to athletes of other ethnicities. For example, if you're trying to get more of the top white players to come play for you, you're probably not going to broadcast your support for Black Lives Matter, anti-National Anthem posturing, and infuse racism and inequality into speeches. I'm certain she's aware of this fact.

You're overthinking it. Dawn has built a culture that revolves around a certain type of athlete. As a poster mentioned above, in general it's probably not conducive to athletes of other ethnicities. For example, if you're trying to get more of the top white players to come play for you, you're probably not going to broadcast your support for Black Lives Matter, anti-National Anthem posturing, and infuse racism and inequality into speeches. I'm certain she's aware of this fact.

No. I am actually "thinking it."

Nothing Dawn has built is conducive just to black people. It's conducive to great women's basketball players that are 18-22/23 years old.

Your comment is exactly what a small segment of middle age or older white conservative males would say.

Plenty of white people supported the goals of BLM. Plenty of white people agreed that no one should be forced to stand or sing the national anthem.

A home women's game at USC is the most diverse group possible- with plenty of white women and girls in the crowd yelling their brains out. My 16 year old daughter being one on a fairly regular basis with her friends.

It's also a fact that most of the top women's players are black. That's not a surprise. That's not new. Of course plenty of them (not all) might want to play for one of the best women's basketball players in history.

No. I am actually "thinking it."

Nothing Dawn has built is conducive just to black people. It's conducive to great women's basketball players that are 18-22/23 years old.

Your comment is exactly what a small segment of middle age or older white conservative males would say.

Plenty of white people supported the goals of BLM. Plenty of white people agreed that no one should be forced to stand or sing the national anthem.

A home women's game at USC is the most diverse group possible- with plenty of white women and girls in the crowd yelling their brains out. My 16 year old daughter being one on a fairly regular basis with her friends.

It's also a fact that most of the top women's players are black. That's not a surprise. That's not new. Of course plenty of them (not all) might want to play for one of the best women's basketball players in history.
What do fans have to do with anything? White fans have watched and cheered for black athletes forever.

You can believe what you choose. There's a reason teams like UCONN and Stanford are balanced and ours is not and it's rooted in the culture. Again, I'm not knocking Dawn at all. Go with what got you to the party in the first place.

What do fans have to do with anything? White fans have watched and cheered for black athletes forever.

You can believe what you choose. There's a reason teams like UCONN and Stanford are balanced and ours is not and it's rooted in the culture. Again, I'm not knocking Dawn at all. Go with what got you to the party in the first place.
Dawn is extremely popular- the most popular coach at the University of South Carolina in a very long time and is loved by the great majority of fans.

A few very older white male fans don't like her because she has political views that are different and she's got the guts to talk about and not give a damn if they like it or not. (The exact trait those hypocrites claim to love- if they agree with the opinion).

of course I can believe what I choose- sort of goes without saying.

Stanford and UCONN have a lot of white players that want to play for a white coach- obviously. Maybe they need less "balance" (whatever that means)- given they are both looking up at our national title trophy.

Stanford's coach Kate Paye has a wife with 3 children and isn't shy about it. I can't imagine the scene around this board from the same folks that are always offended by Coach Staley if that happened here. Worse if she was black. Holy cow.

• Haha
Reactions: ElectricalCock89
Now that's a different argument altogether and one that resonates more with me. But saying people do things for money is like saying the sky is blue. That being said do folks think we should fire Dawn, the only coach who wins jack crap here??? Or do we just wish she would talk less about things we don't want to hear? Just trying to understand the argument here?
They only want her to talk less because the disagree with what she says. Clowns who say no politics in sports throw that mantra out the windows when they agree with the politics. Although I dont agree with calling it political, if Kaepernick had told everyone he was kneeling to honor God, no one would have cared about the kneeling. Once he said it was for mistreatment of minorities, all of the sudden is keep politics out of sports. If he kneeled saying eliminate DEI, Kap would be your favorite player.

So you are essentially saying we should have white player quotas for womens basketball?? Mens too? How in the halls of Hades is that any different than what I will say is reverse DEI?? Look I am as conservative as they come but I don't blindly follow shit unless it makes sense and this just plain and simple doesn't. Sorry. How much more do you think they would have won if Caitlin Clark, Paige Bueckers and Cameron Brink all came here too?? They have lost 3 games total in the last 3 years by a total of like 7 points. Your argument is crap. If Beamer's team was 100% black and won a national title would you be arguing the same point? I sincerely doubt it.
No, he wouldn't. The issue is he doesn't agree with Dawn's views, therefore he pays attention to the most nonsensical things possible.

Dawn is extremely popular- the most popular coach at the University of South Carolina in a very long time and is loved by the great majority of fans.

A few very older white male fans don't like her because she has political views that are different and she's got the guts to talk about and not give a damn if they like it or not. (The exact trait those hypocrites claim to love- if they agree with the opinion).

of course I can believe what I choose- sort of goes without saying.

Stanford and UCONN have a lot of white players that want to play for a white coach- obviously. Maybe they need less "balance" (whatever that means)- given they are both looking up at our national title trophy.

Stanford's coach Kate Paye has a wife with 3 children and isn't shy about it. I can't imagine the scene around this board from the same folks that are always offended by Coach Staley if that happened here. Worse if she was black. Holy cow.
They probably don't care for some of her comments and stances because of the hypocrisy of it all.

She's paid like a men's coach. She talks about inequality, injustice, and racism while her teams are dominated by black players. If she wasn't so politically charged, I'm pretty certain all fans alike would embrace her success.

Once again, I personally don't care how sausage is made. But let's not kid ourselves that "white males" somehow have it in for her. That's BS.

Paris is not a magnet for criticism. Fans love him.

Last edited:
What now does he have to do to prove it? Looks proven to me.

He has to prove our recruiting strategy hasn't had a discriminatory impact on certain racial groups.

So far he's refused to state how many caucasian scholarship players we've signed in the last 15 years. Hint: it's extraordinarily low and would be a prima facia example of disparate impact.

They probably don't care for some of her comments and stances because of the hypocrisy of it all.

She's paid like a men's coach.

She talks about inequality, injustice, and racism while her teams are dominated by black players. If she wasn't so politically charged, I'm pretty certain all fans alike would embrace her success.

Once again, I personally don't care how sausage is made. But let's not kid ourselves that "white males" somehow have it in for her. That's BS.

Paris is not a magnet for criticism. Fans love him.

They'd know hypocrisy given if she was talking about conservative opinions, they'd be kissing ass trying to voice support and posting "She doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks about her opinions and I love that" . Hypocrites.

She isn't.

She talks about issues that are important to her a black woman. Issues that are important to her might not be important to a middle age white man.

Some white males 100% have it in for her. No doubt about it because she has opinions and voices them that they don't agree with. They aren't many of them that whine about her, but 99% of them are middle age and older white males.

Paris doesn't talk about any issues. If he mentioned any liberal political views, the same ones would be attacking him too- except a bit more tame as he's a man.

Last edited:
He has to prove our recruiting strategy hasn't had a discriminatory impact on certain racial groups.

So far he's refused to state how many caucasian scholarship players we've signed in the last 15 years. Hint: it's extraordinarily low and would be a prima facia example of disparate impact.

People like you accusing our coach of being a racist have to prove the allegation.

Signing white players doesn't prove someone isn't racist. Not signing them doesn't mean someone is. Plenty of white coaches in history have been racists and signed black players. White racists always have those "black friends"

It certainly wouldn't be prima facia evidence of anything.

People like you accusing our coach of being a racist have to prove the allegation.

Signing white players doesn't prove someone isn't racist. Not signing them doesn't mean someone is. Plenty of white coaches in history have been racists and signed black players. White racists always have those "black friends"

It certainly wouldn't be prima facia evidence of anything.

Anyone else notice this dude has completely changed his strawman argument?

Really should be a sign to everyone else how wrong he was.

They'd know hypocrisy given if she was talking about conservative opinions, they'd be kissing ass trying to voice support and posting "She doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks about her opinions and I love that" . Hypocrites.

She isn't.

She talks about issues that are important to her a black woman. Issues that are important to her might not be important to a middle age white man.

Some white males 100% have it in for her. No doubt about it because she has opinions and voices them that they don't agree with. They aren't many of them that whine about her, but 99% of them are middle age and older white males.

Paris doesn't talk about any issues. If he mentioned any liberal political views, the same ones would be attacking him too- except a bit more tame as he's a man.

"Fussy little white man feels fulfilled inside as the self-appointed spokesman of a woman who he doesn't know at all..."

We're certain you're 100% correct in all of your absolute assertions, Gomer. :)

Anyone else notice this dude has completely changed his strawman argument?

Really should be a sign to everyone else how wrong he was.

You've failed many times. This isn't new.
Poor kid mad at the coach who doesn't recruit enough white people for him to feel comfortable.

and as I have said, she has different opinions and that's a good thing. I'm glad to see her voice them as she sees fit despite the whiners and snowflakes on here.

Has to be rough constantly reminding yourself you're the smartest person in the room when you keep getting beat down with facts.

I don't have to remind myself. That would suggest I forgot.

The competition on this topic isn't a high barrier.

Now, go back to whining about the women on the team not being the right skin color for you. Snowflake.

We would have won the last 4 national titles if we had Caitlin Clark.
Disagree. She turns the ball over so much that Vegas has an over/under on her. She makes a lot of shots but she takes shots that have a better make ability if passed to someone else. Teams that have a single consistent 20+ point per game shooter rarely end up with the big prize.

Disagree. She turns the ball over so much that Vegas has an over/under on her. She makes a lot of shots but she takes shots that have a better make ability if passed to someone else. Teams that have a single consistent 20+ point per game shooter rarely end up with the big prize.
Saying we woud have 4 national titles if Caitlin played here is the ultimate throw away comment. Can never be proven or disproven, pure speculation. Also not sure what the relevance is. She would have gone to UConn if she could have but they didn't offer her. Is Geno a racist too??

Saying we woud have 4 national titles if Caitlin played here is the ultimate throw away comment. Can never be proven or disproven, pure speculation. Also not sure what the relevance is. She would have gone to UConn if she could have but they didn't offer her. Is Geno a racist too??
You're talking about one person. There's no comparison between Geno and Staley in terms of team diversity over the years.

Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT