ADVERTISEMENT

Dear God, there is a chance the taters could be #1.*

Wait, are you counting ND as a "Top Ten" win for UGA?

Have you forgotten that Clemson beat the same Auburn team that just destroyed UGA?
You forgot WF just put 64 on the team that 4-6 team that ran up and down the field on you .

You are aware CU beat auburn yes?
Wait, are you counting ND as a "Top Ten" win for UGA?

Have you forgotten that Clemson beat the same Auburn team that just destroyed UGA?
Ok, so upc did beat this Auburn team.
So remind me...where is The Cuse ranked?

Uga's resume is still better. And they can still knock off Bama who will probably have a better resume and then the committee will have more headaches.

BTW, are you taters watching the U? You should be.

That has already been acknowledged. This entire thread was based on Alabama losing, which it looked like would happen but didn't.
I think it is worthwhile to note that, like UPC, they are apparently not as good as they have been. They can be overtaken in the poll, although I don't see them dropping out of the Top Four, no matter how close their wins are from here on out.

Reactions: stnbooth
I think it is worthwhile to note that, like UPC, they are apparently not as good as they have been. They can be overtaken in the poll, although I don't see them dropping out of the Top Four, no matter how close their wins are from here on out.
100% agreed. That is why I had Miami as number 1 in my rankings but stated it would not happen with the committee.

Reactions: king ward
If Auburn wins out, they are in, period. How they blew a 20 point lead to LSU is mind-boggling. Yes, if UGa wins out (Tech, Bama/AU), they can make playoff, but right now that looks unlikely.

I agree. I can see Bama losing to Auburn, which would mean a Auburn/Uga SEC-C rematch or I could see Uga beating Bama in the SEC-C game. I can also see the U beating UPC in the ACC-C home.
What we could see is Auburn beating Bama and then Uga again, UM beating UPC and not a single team in the 1st CFP top 4 ranking making it to the final 4.
How funny would that be?

I agree. I can see Bama losing to Auburn, which would mean a Auburn/Uga SEC-C rematch or I could see Uga beating Bama in the SEC-C game. I can also see the U beating UPC in the ACC-C home.
What we could see is Auburn beating Bama and then Uga again, UM beating UPC and not a single team in the 1st CFP top 4 ranking making it to the final 4.
How funny would that be?

In that scenario the only two teams who are a sure thing are Miami and Auburn. Bama would still have a shot, if either the Big XII or Big Ten champs have 2 losses.

How funny would that be?

Bama still gets in at 11-1 with a loss only to Auburn. Committee set the precedent last year allowing a non-conference, non-division winner in the playoff.

It looks like it will all be pretty straightforward: champions of ACC, B1G, BXII, SEC make playoff. No Pac-12, no "2 from 1 conference", very likely 1 (or 2) 2-loss teams in playoff this year.

It looks like it will all be pretty straightforward: champions of ACC, B1G, BXII, SEC make playoff. No Pac-12, no "2 from 1 conference", very likely 1 (or 2) 2-loss teams in playoff this year.

Only if Wisc can win the conference championship, which I don’t think they do. Ohio State (likely) will beat them just like in 2014 and the B1G ends up with no one in the playoff.

Considering they sucked in bowl season and haven’t scored a single point in the previous two CFPs, the B1G is a fraud.

Reactions: Triton20x
Every non-SEC team in the country wants Auburn to win out. That way the SEC likely doesn't put a team in the playoffs.

Only if Wisc can win the conference championship, which I don’t think they do. Ohio State (likely) will beat them just like in 2014 and the B1G ends up with no one in the playoff.

Considering they sucked in bowl season and haven’t scored a single point in the previous two CFPs, the B1G is a fraud.
I agree that OSU probably beats Wiscy, but if there is a logjam of 2loss teams, I think OSU gets in before another conference gets 2 in.

I agree that OSU probably beats Wiscy, but if there is a logjam of 2loss teams, I think OSU gets in before another conference gets 2 in.

Auburn will be ahead of OSU in the rankings. How could OSU pass Auburn in the rankings if Auburn beats Bama and wins the SEC?

Auburn will be ahead of OSU in the rankings. How could OSU pass Auburn in the rankings if Auburn beats Bama and wins the SEC?
See 2014 when TCU fell from 3 to 6 in final ranking after winning out while OSU rose into playoff for destroying Wisc. If Auburn wins out, they are in, and could be #2 or #3 with 2 losses but very impressive wins ( LSU choke notwithstanding). This year, a few conference champs could have 2 losses; if so, I don't see 1 conference getting two in. Just my present opinion.

Not a conference homer but Richt is definitely showing the ACC the value of experience coaching in the SEC.
I'd love to see him take on the Dawgs.

So if Butch Jones or Jim McIlwain end up at UNCheat or UVa, they will suddenly become national contenders because of their SEC experience?

So if Butch Jones or Jim McIlwain end up at UNCheat or UVa, they will suddenly become national contenders because of their SEC experience?
Lol, how many 10-11 win seasons did they have? They did a pretty good job proving they weren't ready for the SEC. They were both at schoools where it isn't hard to recruit and at least have successful seasons.
But hey, I have to say they could probably improve those 2 ACC schools records over the last few years.

See 2014 when TCU fell from 3 to 6 in final ranking after winning out while OSU rose into playoff for destroying Wisc. If Auburn wins out, they are in, and could be #2 or #3 with 2 losses but very impressive wins ( LSU choke notwithstanding). This year, a few conference champs could have 2 losses; if so, I don't see 1 conference getting two in. Just my present opinion.

TCU didn't play in a championship game. They also didn't beat Bama. Auburn's ranked ahead of OSU if both win out, I'm confident.

IMO Auburn is the only 2 loss team with a chance. Too may other 1 loss teams, and that could include Bama if they don't play in the SEC-C game.

Your taters have to win out or they wont make it in.

Right now there are 6 teams with 0 or 1 loss... But there are several head-to-heads coming up among them before the playoff selection; it is quite possible we only have 2 1-or-0 loss P5 teams. BXII, B1G could have 2-loss champions, (Pac-12 certainly will), if AU wins SEC they are in with 2losses. ACC champion (only) is 99.9% in. You can't dismiss 2-loss teams out of hand.

Last edited:
Karma is a Bitch, Classless Dabo, you are up by two scores, under a minute to go in game on first down you take a KNEE, against a very bad FSU team, but NOOO Dabo wants to rub it in their faces and score again.. And dont even tell me Points help you in ranking, WOW Classless IMO..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT