ADVERTISEMENT

Do you personally know anyone with coronavirus?

Curious to see folks post here as it happens.

As of right now I do not know of anyone, either personally or indirectly.

I live in Texas, and my wife thinks her coworker has it. They aren't sure as of yet though. Her and her family have been in the hospital for a couple of days, trying to get tested. It's very hard to get a test quickly apparently.

Reactions: Brace1

No.

That said, if I’m going to get it, I already have it I think. I took my daughter to see Post Malone in Nashville last week, a few nights before it got crazy & before any confirmed cases there. The next morning, there were two confirmed cases in Brentwood (rich, South of Nash). Somebody in the crowd of 20,000 had to have been in contact with those people or indirectly.

We are counting the days until we are 14 removed. To be clear, no symptoms yet.

That is what has been scary... nobody knows if we do or not because 1- it can be dormant for days/weeks? Before causing symptoms and 2- the CDC won’t test you unless you just visited an area overrun with it and are exhibiting near death symptoms. So, we probably ALL KNOW SOMEBODY, or have been in close proximity to someone who has it, we are just not aware.

That is what has been scary... nobody knows if we do or not because 1- it can be dormant for days/weeks? Before causing symptoms and 2- the CDC won’t test you unless you just visited an area overrun with it and are exhibiting near death symptoms. So, we probably ALL KNOW SOMEBODY, or have been in close proximity to someone who has it, we are just not aware.
One good thing that came out today, South Korea is doing the most comprehensive testing and the death rate there is under 1%. Those are probably the most accurate numbers generated thus far on mortality rates since it's a much greater sampling including those not requiring medical attention.

Last edited:
That is the typical bogus bs. So the answer is no but it is really yes in fantasy land? No but yes because surely it has to be.....

I know someone who's family member is being tested. They said it would take 4 days to get the results.

Oh my mistake.

Good buddy of mine is quarantined right now to his home. Problem is he has all the symptoms, but there aren’t any tests available for him. Tested negative for the flu so he’s just waiting it out - hopefully in non-lethal sickness.
Well, at least he's managing it correctly. He can't do anymore than he's doing. If he finds out he has it, the treatment won't be any different than if he'd had common flu. It will have to run its course.

"Worldometers"? Now that sounds like a reputable website. Over 20 people died in a single nursing home.

Likely yes, but not confirmed, not local, several states away. High fever and fluid in lungs, still under home quarantine. Being called numerous times per day, but haven't admitted to hospital, yet.

10 Serious cases.....are you serious?? there has to be more to it than that for the whole world to stop spinning.
You understand that it's the tip of the iceberg right? The spread still has a long way to go yet. It just starting to spread and has long way to go before it's pretty much in everyone's neighborhood then doorstep. It's worse in other countries already and there is no reason to think it's not going to be just as bad here. It's serious for sure. Is it worth worth screwing up the economy for and whipping everyone into a panic just to get them play a long, which a large number of people won't anyways. Not in my opinion.

I know a person who’s daughter has it. The girl is about 30. Flu like symptoms but fine. She is in Nashville.

I live in Georgia, been working in Texas all week, I know no one with this virus and nobody I met or know mentioned knowing anyone with this virus.

Reactions: PC31
We know of one person (wife's former boss) who has self quarantined. He came back from Milan, Italy several weeks ago.

Last edited:
"Worldometers"? Now that sounds like a reputable website. Over 20 people died in a single nursing home.
May not sound reputable but it has more stats on the spread of coronavirus than any other site I’ve found. If you find a better one please share.

You understand that it's the tip of the iceberg right? The spread still has a long way to go yet. It just starting to spread and has long way to go before it's pretty much in everyone's neighborhood then doorstep. It's worse in other countries already and there is no reason to think it's not going to be just as bad here. It's serious for sure. Is it worth worth screwing up the economy for and whipping everyone into a panic just to get them play a long, which a large number of people won't anyways. Not in my opinion.
I understand the statistical significance of 99.995% of known cases in the US being considered mild. The site has the best collection of constantly updated coronavirus data by country of any I have found.

I have offices in Beijing and Hong Kong. 8 of my employees have gotten it. One has died. One is in serious condition. The others have recovered and had symptoms that ran from mild to a bad case of the flu.

Who lives in nursing homes? I will bet 20 out of a hundred would have passed, virus or no virus.
What TF are you taking about? So they were old, that means their deaths don’t matter because they were going to die anyway?
Fist off 100/100 of ALL OF US will “pass” one day. That does not mean murder should not be illegal or that people who through negligence caused the death of someone else (regardless of age) should not be held liable. Age has no bearing on whether the impact of someone’s death from this disease should be counted or discounted.

Well yeah...they belonged to the most immunocompromised demographic, and lived together. That single case makes up roughly half of US deaths so far. It’s a serious problem that we need to contain, but healthy, non-geriatric folks have no reason to panic just yet.

Reactions: Buzzkill1
No. Which means it's an invention of the press.

If I do get it, it's an invention of China or the Deep State (not to be confused with Alabama).

No. Which means it's an invention of the press.

If I do get it, it's an invention of China or the Deep State (not to be confused with Alabama).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT