ADVERTISEMENT

Does Roper ruin Muschamps last chance as head coach?

Listening to radio broadcast, that last drive failed because poor pass to open WR, that may have been a TD.

Reactions: sadd66
That is true but it's been an odd night playcalling.

Inside the 10 yard line you go to your TE if you have a good one. We ignore him and try to run, but refuse to run anywhere else all night long.

Just goofy

Listening to radio broadcast, that last drive failed because poor pass to open WR, that may have been a TD.

Roper ain't teaching poor tackling fundamentals and laissez-faire pass coverage schemes. If this is gonna be Muschamp's last chance as a head coach .... it's his own fault!

You guys are in a tough spot.

Spur failed, for his prestige.

The lisp failed, for his prestige.

Muschamp is failing bad.

USC is not a top program, but at least you've been trying. Gig is nearly up.

I cannot see a top coach risking it. At least it's not far to the bottom for ya.

When the O-line can not make a crease and gets stoned over and over....you are not going to look very good whatever you try to run. I am to the point I think we need to clean house and run off the majority of the O-line and go juco to replace them. This is not a talent problem...this is a lack of desire and toughness that gets passed on from one player to the next.

When the O-line can not make a crease and gets stoned over and over....you are not going to look very good whatever you try to run. I am to the point I think we need to clean house and run off the majority of the O-line and go juco to replace them. This is not a talent problem...this is a lack of desire and toughness that gets passed on from one player to the next.

When the defense knows exactly what your offense is going to run, nothing an Oline can do. ZERO creativity. We look like the college version of the Cleveland Browns for good reason. That's where we went to get an offensive coordinator.

Agree about the offense looking bad, but the defense looked just as bad, and that is on Muschamp and T-Rob, not Spurrier or genetics. We leave way too many receivers wide open, and can't tackle.

Roper is a joke
Muschamp is the one to blame, not Roper. In all seriousness, if you can't win at UF, why would you expect to win in Columbia? Ain't happening. But when you get your 3rd or 4th choice as HC, expectations can't really be very high. This will suck until we hire a Spurrier type again. And then maybe we manage them instead of letting them manage us.

Muschamp is the one to blame, not Roper. In all seriousness, if you can't win at UF, why would you expect to win in Columbia? Ain't happening. But when you get your 3rd or 4th choice as HC, expectations can't really be very high. This will suck until we hire a Spurrier type again. And then maybe we manage them instead of letting them manage us.
Actually we could have had the guy that just beat Ohio State but we didn't want him cause of his age. Bet he's happy we are stupid.

Reactions: sadd66 and torsten
Eastern Kentucky scored 16 on them.
Southern Miss scored 17 on them.

We score 13. Talk about defense all you want, but when your offense sucks worse than those 2 teams, you ain't winning.
We can't put together a productive/balanced drive and at least get in the red zone even when teams are playing prevent/ BBDB...and people want to blame the defense.
SMFH

Eastern Kentucky scored 16 on them.
Southern Miss scored 17 on them.

We score 13. Talk about defense all you want, but when your offense sucks worse than those 2 teams, you ain't winning.
That was a pretty bad UK team that beat us.....but with a manageable schedule that we have, I can see us winning 7 still.

Yeah I have trouble blaming the Defense. After the Deebo TD they set up the offense to blow the doors off Kentucky. With a functioning offense that game could've been 17-0 or 21-0 before UK knew what hit them. Instead the offense did nothing but pop the air out of the defensive momentum that was set early on.

I never ever heard that Gundy interviewed or was at all interested. What the heck are y'all talking about? Why would he leave ok st? Has a donor with near infinite pockets in a big time program that he runs how he wants with a VERY long leash at this point.

I never ever heard that Gundy interviewed or was at all interested. What the heck are y'all talking about? Why would he leave ok st? Has a donor with near infinite pockets in a big time program that he runs how he wants with a VERY long leash at this point.
Not Gundy. He's a man. He's 50. We interviewed the guy that took over for big game Bob Stoops and could have had him.

I agree with the poor play calling but look...it's Muschamps second year. We are not there yet to compete for the SEC. Muschamp will succeed and recruit well...he just needs to get rid of Roper! And we need to get some running backs with heart and make it happen on a 4th and 1...even with a bad o-line. Reality has hit.

Well the one positive I take away from this .... during the fall I'm always torn between Do I want to Fish ... Or do I wanna Watch the Game ?? Last two years that has been an easy decision . This year I was hoping it would be a tough one . It's not anymore . Unless it Rains . Nah I probably still go fishing . Always next year or the year after that .

Ultimately this comes to roost on Tanners doorstep (and Spurrier for leaving the program in shambles). More time to grab a coach than any other program in the country. Yet we were virtually the last to do so; left with scraps trying to save face.

This will last another year. Then we will begin again.

You guys are in a tough spot.

Spur failed, for his prestige.

The lisp failed, for his prestige.

Muschamp is failing bad.

USC is not a top program, but at least you've been trying. Gig is nearly up.

I cannot see a top coach risking it. At least it's not far to the bottom for ya.
Congrats on another win but I wouldn't say Stoops is setting world on fire at UK. Yes you can brag about beating us and not much else. Remember Lou and Spurrier used to beat you regularly. 10 in a row between '00-'09. Just saying.

Oklahoma State is going to be in the playoffs this year if I had a guess, I think the "man" is perfectly happy where he is. Plus, T. Boone resurrected a program that was possibly worse off than ours was several years ago, especially regarding facilities, and he has obvious interest in keeping what he's helped build. I think our big donor(s), higher ups, administrators have (and have always had) far too much self-interest to ever get out of the way enough to let football truly flourish. And we can forget all of the politicians that have graduated from our fine university, then moved just 2 blocks away....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT