ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Jump Off The Bridge Yet...

It’s sad that a positive attitude is met with such vitriol. You guys that want the coach’s head obviously have never played sports. A competitor doesn’t quit when he gets smacked in the face. You get back up, work harder and get better. One damn game and you quit on our team. That is a loser mentality.

I’ll cut you guys some slack. We are all pissed. Hopefully your attitudes will change when the booze wears off. I don’t drink. Maybe I’m just the only sober voice of reason on this board. I guess anger is better than apathy.
No vitriol here. I suggest the loser attitude was found wearing white on the field in Charlotte. I am all for being positive. My eyes also don't lie.

It’s sad that a positive attitude is met with such vitriol. You guys that want the coach’s head obviously have never played sports. A competitor doesn’t quit when he gets smacked in the face. You get back up, work harder and get better. One damn game and you quit on our team. That is a loser mentality.

I’ll cut you guys some slack. We are all pissed. Hopefully your attitudes will change when the booze wears off. I don’t drink. Maybe I’m just the only sober voice of reason on this board. I guess anger is better than apathy.

The only sober voice of reason? And in case you have not noticed, we are in year six of a continuing downward trend in our football productivity. So it is not just one game. It is six years worth.

I’m serious. It’s one game. We didn’t play well. It was hot. I blew some money to watch us underperform. I’m mad. I’m pissed. It’s unacceptable. I stated so.

Check your emotions. As fans, we can’t just give up. At least let the season play out a few games before we crucify our coach. Muschamp didn’t miss those wide open throws. You really want to start over again and lose the recruits we have coming in? The cycle will continue. This year may be tough but we have opportunities to shock the world. Don’t give up yet.
If he can't coach em what does it matter who he recruits

I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.

Just stfu dude. You're clueless

The only sober voice of reason? And in case you have not noticed, we are in year six of a continuing downward trend in our football productivity. So it is not just one game. It is six years worth.
I agree, but it's really the entire history of the program. Not trying to butt in, because your point is valid.

Reactions: Brace1

Clearly you never played. Being on the team in high school doesn't count

Reactions: Brace1
It’s one loss. One loss teams can win Championships. Let’s regroup and focus on next week. We have the right guy and enough talent to be great. We need our team and our fans to rally.

I've been a Carolina fan my whole life, and some of my best memories growing up involved Williams-Brice Stadium. You're right. One loss teams can win Championships, but they typically start higher ranked than us (and damn sure in the top 25).

I've been extremely optimistic and a huge believer in Muschamp since before he even got here. Let's be real. This team does not look good. For the amount of talent we have and the amount of money that is put into this program, we're getting a very poor return on investment. This game today not only hurt because it was a rival that was terrible last season, but because we need to recruit North Carolina to do well. Mack Brown is now definitely going to lock down the border. Considering Florida knows a thing or two about Muschamp, Georgia and Clemson are perennial top 3 teams now, and we just lost to UNC with a loaded team against a Freshman QB and a new coach? This one hurt a lot worse than 24-20 L. I'll admit that for the first time in my life I'm thinking about not attending/watching the game on Saturday, as if it'll do a thing!

Also, as far as competitors getting back up and improving when they're smacked in the mouth, you're absolutely right. That's why I don't want to watch. Our team plays with no heart, our coach has lost his fire, and they look like extras for the fifth season of Walking Dead! What happened to Cusschamp?

I didn’t like the punt call. I admit, He was too conservative... again. Jake keeps missing throws. I get it. Do you really want Muschamp to bench a 4 year starter for a freshman in game 1? Other than those two decisions, how did Muschamp lose this game?

UNC made some great plays. Howell dropped some dimes. Give them some credit. My brother is a big UNC fan, so I know that team and I watch their games. Last year was last year. UNC will win 8 games this year. They are not a bad team and we shouldn’t quit after game 1. That’s all I’m saying.

What I watched today was South Carolina response after losing to Virginia and it was not great.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Many Gamecock fans are in disbelief because they continue to believe their own bull$hit. You believe that our conference just entitles us to wins against teams from “lesser” leagues. We get dejected when we lose to a UNC or UK. Why? We believe our own “Bull$hit”. Losing to these teams is unacceptable in our eyes. I call BS. UK was good last year. UNC might be good this year. It sucks to lose, but it’s not the end of the world. It’s game one.

You have two options. Quit on this team or support them. I choose to support them and look at the rest of the season as an opportunity. Call me a troll, drunk or whatever. Life is better when you have hope.

Reactions: island mind
I am disappointed but I have never seen our fan base turn on our team so early. And so strongly. You guys really want to throw in the towel after 1 game?

It’s not like UNC is bad. They have good players. Most of their team was hurt last year and Howell was a 4 star recruit. The backs are good. Their lines were decent. Suratt led them in tackles. He was a QB last year. UNC always has talent. They outplayed us and won a close game. The season is not over. Our goals are still in front of us. We can win the state, the East and the SEC.

Now you say that UNC is good team. Gosh at some point someone should say with WM and his leadership and head coaching we are looking at the To---- Bowl.

I didn’t like the punt call. I admit, He was too conservative... again. Jake keeps missing throws. I get it. Do you really want Muschamp to bench a 4 year starter for a freshman in game 1? Other than those two decisions, how did Muschamp lose this game?

UNC made some great plays. Howell dropped some dimes. Give them some credit. My brother is a big UNC fan, so I know that team and I watch their games. Last year was last year. UNC will win 8 games this year. They are not a bad team and we shouldn’t quit after game 1. That’s all I’m saying.

My Alma mater doesn’t need fans like you. Clueless isn’t a positive trait. Meth obviously is a tough drug.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
Now you say that UNC is good team. Gosh at some point someone should say with WM and his leadership and head coaching we are looking at the To---- Bowl.

You don’t know until the season plays out. If UNC sucks, I’ll repost this thread and own it. They were 2-9 last year. They had more injuries than we did. I thought we would handle them but I knew they would play with us. They are not the same team this year.

Nobody is giving up on the team. We are supporting them by insisting that the people who are leading them badly are fired.

My Alma mater doesn’t need fans like you. Clueless isn’t a positive trait. Meth obviously is a tough drug.

Since I have two degrees from South Carolina, I outrank you. Last I checked, meth was for
losers. Excuse me for having hope. The
attitude of this fan base is disheartening. The sun will come up tomorrow.

I'm generally a very positive person. I was only able to watch the last quarter, obviously the worst part of the game. From what I saw, there is nothing positive to take away from today's game. I was born in NC, most of my family lives there. I attended USC and will always cheer for USC. NC is not a good team, they will get crushed next week and will end up around .500. SC has some talented players, however they aren't being coached well. When a starting QB struggles to hit wide open receivers multiple times, you either pull him or run the ball. That's coaching 101, for some reason our coaches don't do this. When you have first and 10 at your opponent's 40 yard line with two minutes left in the game, and a TD wins the game, you don't have to sling bombs on every play. Our coaches really hurt the team today. I truly feel bad for the players. Unless there are real changes, there's little to look forward to.

Many Gamecock fans are in disbelief because they continue to believe their own bull$hit. You believe that our conference just entitles us to wins against teams from “lesser” leagues. We get dejected when we lose to a UNC or UK. Why? We believe our own “Bull$hit”. Losing to these teams is unacceptable in our eyes. I call BS. UK was good last year. UNC might be good this year. It sucks to lose, but it’s not the end of the world. It’s game one.

You have two options. Quit on this team or support them. I choose to support them and look at the rest of the season as an opportunity. Call me a troll, drunk or whatever. Life is better when you have hope.
I think you are 100% wrong. I can't speak for everyone else here, but there are a few presumptions here on which you are incorrect.
1. That we think we are enitled to win because of conference.
Not at all. We have recruited better, if you believe in these sites,and should be developing our talent better than UNC over the past 4 years. Obviously we are not.

2. Losing to these teams should be acceptable. Sure we could be ok losing to UNC. If we came out and played with fire and playcalling was good and UNC played better, we could accept that. That did not happen.
After 4 years recruiting his players, putting in his systems we should see improvement. I am not seeing it. Defense and offense regressing. Players look like they haven't even been coached.

Like I said. I can be optimistic. I do need to see something that can lead me in that direction. What I won't be is a blindly loyal fan who ignores what they see.

I know individually I am not changing anything at SC, but I don't have to spend my hard earned dollars or throw my support behind a bad product. If we live with low expectations, we'll always get what we expect.

Oh damn.Eyeroll

I'm generally a very positive person. I was only able to watch the last quarter, obviously the worst part of the game. From what I saw, there is nothing positive to take away from today's game. I was born in NC, most of my family lives there. I attended USC and will always cheer for USC. NC is not a good team, they will get crushed next week and will end up around .500. SC has some talented players, however they aren't being coached well. When a starting QB struggles to hit wide open receivers multiple times, you either pull him or run the ball. That's coaching 101, for some reason our coaches don't do this. When you have first and 10 at your opponent's 40 yard line with two minutes left in the game, and a TD wins the game, you don't have to sling bombs on every play. Our coaches really hurt the team today. I truly feel bad for the players. Unless there are real changes, there's little to look forward to.

Good points. Bentley played bad. I did not expect UNC’s DL to pressure him. Feaster needed more touches. He’s our best player. Edwards can’t get separation. Shi Smith is our best playmaker. We need to get him the ball in space. We have pieces. I was surprised UNC wore down our Defense and got that much of a push.

If we can get “Clemson Jake”, instead of “UNC Jake”, I still think we can have a good year. I’m just not giving up yet.

Out last 3 losses are to ACC teams
probably the saddest part of all this bs. We are always saying we would be undefeated in conference play if were in the acc , but the reasonable question now is , could we win a game in the acc ? Sadly , this is what Muschamp has brought us . this will be his legacy.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Muschamp is a loser; he was a bad hire because Tanner was a bad hire as AD. Now we have a bad hire as a President. Bad trends.

I am not going to quit on this team But SC is not supposed to lose to NC in football . And especially not this game. SO it is very disappointing. BUT>> it is Not a conference loss. We can still win our division. That is the goal and should be the goal every year ,

Reactions: gamecockblack
UNC’s average recruiting ranking since 2015 is #28. The difference between #28 and #18 is probably a player or two, maybe some depth. Sam Howell was #93 Nationally and the #3 QB. Mack Brown is one of five coaches with a National Championship.

But what do I know?

I am not going to quit on this team But SC is not supposed to lose to NC in football . And especially not this game. SO it is very disappointing. BUT>> it is Not a conference loss. We can still win our division. That is the goal and should be the goal every year ,

You just proved my point. According to who? Based on what besides your conference ego?

Reactions: USCLaw85

it's the last 3 games since the beautiful offensive explosion at Clemson that has me worried...3 games..horrid play...trend is bad...this seems to be our trend and our potential all-star qb looks rattled....I pray not...

They're 34-19-4 against us. WHAT?????

Reactions: king ward
it's the last 3 games since the beautiful offensive explosion at Clemson that has me worried...3 games..horrid play...trend is bad...this seems to be our trend and our potential all-star qb looks rattled....I pray not...
last three games we are oh and three against acc , three in a row , now that my friend sucks royally .. ...but , we can still win our division . . this is not a conference loss ...

Reactions: Stewart.H
which point / that we weren't supposed to lose this game or that we can still win our division ?

Not supposed to lose. Crazy things happen in week 1 and I just gave you UNC’s recruiting rankings since 2015. I expected us to win but it is not a shocking loss for a team that finished like we did.

UNC’s average recruiting ranking since 2015 is #28. The difference between #28 and #18 is probably a player or two, maybe some depth. Sam Howell was #93 Nationally and the #3 QB. Mack Brown is one of five coaches with a National Championship.

But what do I know?
You know who else has a National Championship? Gene Chizik. Yes, I am aware there are five active coaches with a Championship, but I would not put too much stock in that logic. See Vince Young to Chizik's Cam Newton.

We do not develop our talent. We have recruited better talent, including depth. It still doesn't matter because our coaching or lack thereof doesn't develop the talent.

We can go back and forth all night. We are not winning the division, I'd be surprised if we win 5 games. Muschamp probably gets canned at the end of the season and we'll settle for a mediocre coach who will have mediocre seasons. Is this me lacking optimism, or me having endured the reality of being a Carolina fan?

Reactions: cocky4

But what do I know?

Not much.

Freshman QB starting first game.

paper thin secondary whose best player didn’t play with a starting CB that got hurt on the the first drive and didn’t return - that secondary made what is supposed to be a decent WR corps look awful.

Reactions: king ward
Not supposed to lose. Crazy things happen in week 1 and I just gave you UNC’s recruiting rankings since 2015. I expected us to win but it is not a shocking loss for a team that finished like we did.
unc always has some good players, and they are a good school to recruit. But a 2 win acc school with a new coach and true fresman qb in their first game against a usc team with a senior qb and sr defensive line , sr running backs, and sr wr? and two of the best safeties around in the secondary ? sorry , but we were supposed to win , that is my feeling , but you gotta show up ,and just like at UVA , we dont show up .. that's what makes me mad. Now, I do believe that we can still win our division , and that is what we need to settle down and do . Dont know if champ can lead this team to do that, but that is still the goal . Or at least, it should be.

unc always has some good players, and they are a good school to recruit. But a 2 win acc school with a new coach and true fresman qb in their first game against a usc team with a senior qb and sr defensive line , sr running backs, and sr wr? and two of the best safeties around in the secondary ? sorry , but we were supposed to win , that is my feeling , but you gotta show up ,and just like at UVA , we dont show up .. that's what makes me mad. Now, I do believe that we can still win our division , and that is what we need to settle down and do . Dont know if champ can lead this team to do that, but that is still the goal . Or at least, it should be.
98% of life is just showing up. We failed at life's low bar.

Are you fvcking crazy?! We’re the fvcking Shamecocks.

It is the coaching sh_ _ show! WM is mucking around with offense, goes conservative with a lead. If we could not win this game and by a large margin we are looking at 2-10.

The look on WMs face when NC last scored was telling. A deer caught In headlights. RT should never have offered him and WM should not have accepted. This is not fair to Gamecock nation. Caslon needs to get involved.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Clueless all the way!!!

I SEE YOU TOO ARE DRINKING THE COOL AID. FACE IT PAL. THIS IS THE LIWEST WEVE BEEN IN ALONG LONG TIME. WE HAVE SO MANY TO THANK FOR THIS CURRENT SHIT SHOW I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT