ADVERTISEMENT

Eclipse

I will be patiently waiting for it to be over. Cannot for the life of me figure what has everyone so head over heels. I see it get dark, and then the sun come back out every day. Middle of the day is a bit of an oddity, but it only lasts a couple of minutes. Have a strong feeling it isn't going to be nearly as dramatic as some seem to think it will be.

Lake Murray in my boat w my Yeti knock off cooler, ice cold sixer Miller High Life bottles. My family can join me if they like.

Us too, except for the Miller HIgh Life. ;) My old neighbor used to say, if you put a lime in it, it takes JUST like Mexican beer.

As the total eclipse crosses over Gamecockland, where will YOU be @ during totality:)

Bumpin' Uglies, in the bushes, with a sweet thang.

Might as well take advantage of the opportunity, while everybody is looking up and not paying any attention..

Reactions: cockofdawn
Calling for rain I think Monday ,knowing luck as it is, properly want be able see it much..hope it's clear at the time. It's a once in a lifetime thing..they giving us the day off from work Monday for it..at least one good thing is coming from it..

If you're on the 17th floor you're high enough to see it before us right?

Nope, doesn't work that way Jim.

I'm traveling 300 miles from coastal NC and will be out along 378 in a parking lot. Looking forward to it although we were able to see the one in 1970 perfectly. Glad some think it is not worth walking outside to see as that will cut down on the traffic. For those who are scientifically minded, it is a big deal. I guess some would not look up from their ipad long enough to see a beautiful sunset. To each their own.

Last edited:
Nope, doesn't work that way Jim.

I'm traveling 300 miles from coastal NC and will be out along 378 in a parking lot. Looking forward to it although we were able to see the one in 1970 perfectly. Glad some think it is not worth walking outside to see as that will cut down on the traffic. For those who are scientifically minded, it is a big deal. I guess some would not look up from their ipad long enough to see a beautiful sunset. To each their own.
Joking with Batgirl because she is so high on the 17th floor.

I will be patiently waiting for it to be over. Cannot for the life of me figure what has everyone so head over heels. I see it get dark, and then the sun come back out every day. Middle of the day is a bit of an oddity, but it only lasts a couple of minutes. Have a strong feeling it isn't going to be nearly as dramatic as some seem to think it will be.
it will be sorta like, Well, similar to , you know, i will compare it to only one thing.. Closing your eyes..

"Your" office?? Wow. Which attorney R U up there?? =;-p

No biggy, just askin!

Well...I'll be looking at it from my cubicle through my boss' window LOL. In all seriousness, they are having some thing on the Plaza patio for the building Monday afternoon. I figure if I'm here (if I don't leave early) I'll go down and watch. What the heck, right? Traffic will be hell though.

I'll be at my office probably laughing because I think it is supposed to be cloudy.

CNN is reporting the missing American Airlines flight will reemerge from a black hole...Also 1 in 50 people in the path of the eclispe will transform into werewolves

CNN is reporting the missing American Airlines flight will reemerge from a black hole...Also 1 in 50 people in the path of the eclispe will transform into werewolves

giphy.gif

Reactions: lawcalcock
Am old enough to remember the last total eclipse in SC. Was in Florence at my parent's house and we watched it through exposed 35 mm film. At totality the view of the sun's corona is impressive. I can't remember the exact year but was early 70's.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Home in coastal Ga. Got better than 95 percent coverage. Taking day off work just in case the moon and sun collide and it's all over. Would rather be in yard with cold beer than at work wishing I had been at home in yard with a cold beer.

Lol... that's good stuff. Are essentially the same distance from the sun from a practical perspective. The Earth is about 93 million miles away from the sun, while the moon is about 238,000 miles from the earth (both those distances are averages). Doing the rough math, that’s about a difference of 0.25% between the Earth’s distance from the sun and the moon’s distance from the sun (that’s ¼ of 1 percent). Somehow I don’t think the sun and moon are going to hit.

BTW, I'm sure you knew that already and were just having fun. Still, I think I might try that at work. There are some pretty dumb folks...

After I go to court in the morning for this dog bite case that is still going on, I will return home to watch with about three sets of eclipse glasses on my eyes.

And, yes, wine may or may not be involved.

GOCOCKS! BEATNCSTATE!

Am old enough to remember the last total eclipse in SC. Was in Florence at my parent's house and we watched it through exposed 35 mm film. At totality the view of the sun's corona is impressive. I can't remember the exact year but was early 70's.
48 years ago?
I was living in Blythewood then.
I don't remember an eclipse but do remember some UFOs in the mid 70s.
Maybe there will be more this time?

48 years ago?

Well...I'll be looking at it from my cubicle through my boss' window LOL. In all seriousness, they are having some thing on the Plaza patio for the building Monday afternoon. I figure if I'm here (if I don't leave early) I'll go down and watch. What the heck, right? Traffic will be hell though.
Yeah, traffic WILL BE A NIGHTMARE (no pun intnded) and I have a Dr's appt at 10:30 less than a mile from your office! I imagine things are gonna be packed in general around downtown Cola this coming Monday morning!!

Heck, I just might come looking for you up on the 17th floor!! (~_O)

48 years ago?
We had a bunch in the 50's. That is when it all started. The movie "the Thing from Another World" helped get it all started.

People travel around the world to get to totality. They charter flights to follow the path. You may be underestimating. You normally see it get dark in a 6 hour time span. This will happen in about 2, including a sudden shift to darkness during totality. The temperature will plunge. Animals will notice and behave differently. You can see shadow bands, Bailey Beads, the diamond ring, a 360 degree sunset! If you're not stoked for the chance to see this, you haven't done your reading.

Reactions: DC-99 and Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT