ADVERTISEMENT

Football Team Realistic Expectations of Wins and Losses next 2 Seasons, Years 2021, 2022 How many wins? How many Losses?

What schedule? A covid schedule we might not win a game except Vandy for 2 years. Normal schedule I'll go 4 next year and maybe 5 the next.

If we have a full 12 game schedule 3-9 most likely, 4-8 possible, 5-7 best case.

E. Illinois- W
@E Carolina- Toss Up
Troy - Toss Up
@georgia - L
@Missouri - L
Auburn- L
Florida- L
Kentucky- L
Vandy - W
@Tenn - Toss Up
@Tx A&M - L
Clemson- L

Reactions: polo-loco
It’s hard to make that decision without knowing who the defensive coordinator gonna be. For what I’m seeing right now though I’m gonna say 2-10 next season and 3-9 in 2022.. Shane Beamer and company have their work cut out for them, and I don’t see any daylight for at least 3 years. Shane may be the man, but our team lacks talent big time it’s gonna take awhile to get back on track.

Reactions: PaleoCock
Full schedule 5-7 (win 3 of 4 non-cons, Vandy, and maybe Kentucky or Tennessee)

COVID 10-game SEC schedule 2-8 - see above - Vandy and maybe Kentucky or Tennessee

if we keep the rest of our current team in place, it’s not totally depleted. Need quick help at WR, LB, Secondary. The OL and DL lines should be fine, QB talent is there and needs development, RBs are strong.

Typically a new staff produces a nice first year bump. The new coaches energize the program and players. Think Muschamp’s first year, that team had no business going to a bowl, but they overachieved.

That being said, Beamer has to prove it to me. I’m expecting a 3 win first year, then Beamer will unload the assistants he held over as contracts expire. Basically a staff reset and another wasted year for fans.

I'm going with 5 or 6 wins in Shane's first year. I will be very disappointed with anything less than 5 wins. I've got a good feeling about this thing.

I am going “Gamecock Larry” on you fools- 30 wins over the next two years! Put it on the board!! 😂

If we have a full 12 game schedule 3-9 most likely, 4-8 possible, 5-7 best case.

E. Illinois- W
@E Carolina- Toss Up
Troy - Toss Up
@georgia - L
@Missouri - L
Auburn- L
Florida- L
Kentucky- L
Vandy - W
@Tenn - Toss Up
@Tx A&M - L
Clemson- L
Looks about right. 6-6 and a bowl game will be a good year.

Reactions: cadcock
Assuming we play a regular schedule, I'm going with 3-9 with wins over Eastern Illinois, Troy and Vandy. We get upset by ECU.

Hopefully I'll be wrong this time.

We have very little in terms of returning talent on offense and forget about the defense. It’s depleted with a very poor DL. Next year will be rough. I expect 3 wins at the most with 5 wins the following year. We would have trouble competing in the Sun Belt next year let alone the SEC. That’s not a joke.

Truthfully it’s kind of crazy in today’s sports to be projecting two years out. Between Jucos and the transfer portal, a lot can change from year to year. Just ask LSU...

3 wins in 21, 4 wins in 22, 6 in 23, 24, 25, 7 or 8 in 26
Slow build. Like daddy, like son. We will stick with him.

There really isn’t much hope for next season.

The real thing we need to judged on is the recruiting class. We need some momentum in the 2022 class or that is going to be a rough season and may doom his tenure if he struggles in the W column in 2022 as well.

To all my garnet and black brothers being so very pessimistic-- STOP IT! I love you. And I love USC. Do me a favor, join me in pulling for 6 wins in year one. You know it's doable if the ball bounces our way a little. We have a good running game. A mobile QB. Talent on the DL. Plug in some transfers, JUCOs and a couple rising freshmen in the gaps and we win 6 and go bowling. More importantly, we recruit well and start to build a winning culture. Great special teams play being the difference between 4-8 and 6-6. We WILL win six. Build for it. Believe it. Plan for it. Go Gamecocks!

2022 predictions are my views irrespective of whether we keep Bobo for a 3rd year.

3-9 or 4-8 depending on the outcome of the ECU game. 1-7 in the conference.
EIU - W
@ ECU - toss-up
Troy - W
@ UGA - L
@ Mizzou - L
Auburn - L
UF - L
UK - L
Vandy - W
@UT - L
@ A&M - L
Clemson - L

3-9 or 4-8 depending on the outcome of the Georgia State game. 1-7 in the conference.
Ga. State - toss-up
Charlotte - W
Wofford - W
@Arkansas - L
@UF - L
@UK - L
UGA - L
Mizzou - L
UT - L
A&M - L
@ Vandy - W
@ Clemson - L

Reactions: drawplay000
4-8. Double the wins.

I like your enthusiasm, and I tend to agree, but I'm also worried that Vandy's new coach will be able to sell the sizzle of Nashville and a world-class education and that they'll get back to a place where they can and do beat us at least every other year. I mean, this guy looks like a serious version of NoHo Hank, the Chechnyan assassin from HBO's "Barry."
_MIL7623.0.jpg

anthony-carrigan-bill-and-ted-3-jpg.jpeg

I'm also not unconcerned about the prospect of Shawn Elliott rolling in here in 2022 and having his GSU Panthers whip us.

Nope just common sense

I hope you are right. If Shane leads the returning roster and incoming recruits to 6 wins and a birth in the Birmingham Bowl next fall then he could and should win SEC and National Coach of the Year for 2021.

Writing off the 1st year from a W-L perspective. Too many moving pieces. Any signs of life will be a welcomed surprise.

Hoping we will climb back to mediocrity in Year 2. 6-6.

3 ...4 at most ...this program right now is a complete joke ..from the coaching hires to the recruiting...we hired on the cheap and that’s obvious...can’t compete in any conference like that...

4 or 5 wins in 2021.
5 or 6 in 2022.

Everyone is glum now, I wish we could fast forward till after spring practice. We KNOW the optimism will kick in by then, and all these responses will have a game or two added.

But I've said before, 3 ooc games and vandy as wins are the basement if the team has a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT