ADVERTISEMENT

Forever to THREE! Help is on the way!

I hope that Pickens can do what JD did, that is force the other team to only run plays to one side of the field. The side he wasn’t on! Oddly enough, when SS was here it was our defense was the strength and now it appears with WM that our offense is becoming our strength. Exactly opposite of what the coaches had been previously noted for.

Sadly we need linemen in the trenches and withiut them we stand no chane
Defensively we have 6 DL recruits coming in next year. And we are still recruiting a couple more. One five star, 2 four stars, and 3 three stars. A couple of these threes have impressive offer lists. Give Engabare, Sandidge, and Belk a year in the weight room and think we will be ok. On offense we have brought in a lot of OL. All but Wonnum are redshirting. I don't think the cupboard is as bare as some think. If we get Sorrells this could be one of the best DL groups we've had.

My concern is LB.

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
Sadly we need linemen in the trenches and withiut them we stand no chane
WHat are you talking about? We have the best oline we've ever had. Jake almost always has plenty of time to throw the ball. We've also been effective when running the ball when we stick to the game plan - play calling notwithstanding.

Defensively we have 6 DL recruits coming in next year. And we are still recruiting a couple more. One five star, 2 four stars, and 3 three stars. A couple of these threes have impressive offer lists. Give Engabare, Sandidge, and Belk a year in the weight room and think we will be ok. On offense we have brought in a lot of OL. All but Wonnum are redshirting. I don't think the cupboard is as bare as some think. If we get Sorrells this could be one of the best DL groups we've had.

My concern is LB.
I agree with one exception. Most of the really good Dlinemen we have committed are DEs. We really need to sign a really dominant DT, and, as you stated some really good LBs. We only have one DB committed so far as well. Could use another shut down corner and a good hard hitting safety as well.

Been hearing that for 45+ years.

For me it's been 58 years. I love the Gamecocks but I am in a wait and see mode before getting all hyped-up again.

I’m 32 and I’m done with the hype every year too, you can promise me this and that but we as fans want one thing and that is wins. I was told our offense has the keys to a Porsche, Lamborghini, etc. Boom also said we wouldn’t be outworked by our opponents and now I got to convince my wife why we need to continue to buy season tickets and I don’t believe she has looked at the schedule next year bc if she does then my convincing of her is not looking good. So let whoever say what they want bc I’m not buying in until I see it on the field and I mean see week in and week out.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT