ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin buyout is $12.6 million

Seems USC hires guys that like to talk a lot about what they need to do after ( pardon the jab) laying an egg. I just get tired of watching the same thing with no improvement.
I concur, and it does seem odd that our best Gamecock Teams are our Women's Basketball and Women's Soccer Teams!!! I'm just sayin' here now!! Just sayin'!!! Hail, I'm rootin' for both those two teams Every D_mned Day!!! In fact, wassup w/ our Softball gal's??? And isnt our Women's Beach Volley Ball Team down a bit at the moment?? How about our Women's Tennis, Dive and Track Teams??? =;-p

I'm just sayin' - No Biggy!!! GOOOO COCKS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
I concur, and it does seem odd that our best Gamecock Teams are our Women's Basketball and Women's Soccer Teams!!! I'm just sayin' here now!! Just sayin'!!! Hail, I'm rootin' for both those two teams Every D_mned Day!!! In fact, wassup w/ our Softball gal's??? And isnt our Women's Beach Volley Ball Team down a bit at the moment?? How about our Women's Tennis, Dive and Track Teams??? =;-p

I'm just sayin' - No Biggy!!! GOOOO COCKS!!!
I'm so frustrated with the mediocrity of Gamecock Men's Sports that I would support offering the MBB job to Dawn and see what she could do with it. I bet she would do better than Frank and his life lessons and talk about parents like nobody knows how to raise kids but him.

That can't be right. It means we are stuck with mediocrity for years. There is virtually no chance either men's sport will improve while the triple whiffle are here. (Tanner, Muchamp and Martin) And we won't fire any of them with those kinds of buyouts.

How does Ray Tanner sleep at night?

These guys are selling us a load of crap while taking our money.

He took us to the Final 4 so I can understand giving him a raise but come on with that buyout, that is way too much. We don't want an AD who never has the balls to fire a coach so do not sign buyout agreements like this as if you know you are going to refuse to ever pay it!

What kind of moron puts this kind of incentive to fail into a contract making it more profitable for them get fired then to do a good job?

Last edited:
The crazy thing is that Martin is charged with going out and getting the best players that he can find yet bashes parents that will be making decisions in the recruiting process every chance he gets.

Says he’s #22 in salary, and I imagine (couldn’t care less about looking it up) Wilbert is top 15, all for the 86th ranked hoops squad, and the 360th ranked foosball squad. That’s what’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Brace1
He took us to the Final 4 so I can understand giving him a raise but come on with that buyout, that is way too much. We don't want an AD who never has the balls to fire a coach so do not sign buyout agreements like this as if you know you are going to refuse to ever pay it!

What kind of moron puts this kind of incentive to fail into a contract making it more profitable for them get fired then to do a good job?

It’s called a perverse incentive in finance and economics.

Is Ray this dumb or is he honestly trying to financially ruin USC? Does he have a grudge against the university or something?

One more time: Ray does not like the tough side of being an AD (contract negotiations, firing, monitoring job results, etc.). He just wants to get the hated thing done and then move on to more back slappin' and checking up on his state retirement plan.

Ray must go!!!!

He's been a crappy AD for Carolina, one of the best AD for everyone else...

Well I mean the Board of Trustees and president Pastides did a complete and meticulous job during the hiring process, they had their idea about Ray but they still brought in other candidates to interview and compare before making a final decision.
giphy.gif

Ok OK, Thats not really True we only interviewed Ray, Im not even sure they interviewed him, your Ray Tanner we are just USC, please stay in some way, here is the keys, now look where we are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT