ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin finally says he is staying

Some of y'all were shocked I know that any other program in the universe would want Frank Martin but you'd be surprised who would. Cinncy knew what Frank was getting paid before they made it known they wanted him so money probably ain't the reason Frank stayed. The haters can only hope he fails next season. I hope we get things on track because "Frankly" I don't want to be known as only a women's basketball school.

Some of y'all were shocked I know that any other program in the universe would want Frank Martin but you'd be surprised who would. Cinncy knew what Frank was getting paid before they made it known they wanted him so money probably ain't the reason Frank stayed. The haters can only hope he fails next season. I hope we get things on track because "Frankly" I don't want to be known as only a women's basketball school.
Be glad you're not in China. Puns are banned.

Reactions: JohnShadows
On the bright side, we won't have to deal with a new thread every time a new opening becomes available. Well, at least until this time next year.

Well, you can't prove it by me. Some hate Frank so badly they want him replaced and the only way that happens is total failure of the program.
Frank will get rid of himself just need one more year of mediocrity.

They want him replaced by the fact that he has been a failure 5 out 7 season while coaching here.
Bull ! They don't like him because he hasn't restored the proud name of men's basketball at Carolina (sarcastic). It's been 50 years since we mattered in basketball and getting to the final four ruined us because now we expect it every season. Well, it ain't gonna happen. Frank is the best we can get and the past 20 yrs. proves it as fact every coach since Frank Mc has failed. He's a good coach, but he's a different kind of coach, who knows how to win but some refuse to see how after the final four run that team was gone, a team HE recruited. We expect a miracle coach to come in and make us pretty overnight and that's a pipe dream no matter who is here it's going to take years unless you sign five or six 5* players at one time and they ain't out there waiting for a UofSC offer.

Color me Frank. I still believe he is the exact guy to lead us to a top notch program. It has taken awhile, and maybe I am still living off that final four run, but that run is significant in this way: we made that run with really only one bona fide scorer (I didn't count PJ, although through the run he was great). The rest was tough, in-your-face defense, which is Frank's MO.

I thought with the team we'd have coming back, we'd start a long run. Then, PJ left, and Felder got into trouble. Kotsar stagnated. I saw none of those things happening; maybe Frank could have done something - don't know what though. Nonetheless, Frank can get us back, starting next year.

Best news of the week, from this corner of Georgia.

mentioning his record
6d3d3d6a314c1fbd787d063c17a89459

"Then, PJ left, and Felder got into trouble. Kotsar stagnated."

Kotsar did the best he could do. He is a role player and can assist but not lead.

But he is, after all, a final four player.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Didn't matter to me if he stayed or went. Carolina Basketball is gonna be bout the same either way.
I just hope we don't hear next week that Tanner is upping his contract.
If Martin could have gotten matching money and Cincy to pay his buyout, he woulda left is my guess.
Would have been nice to have a fresh start for both.

I think there's a better than 60% chance we Dance next year. It will quiet the clamor. But:

If we're Home in Year Eight, Watch out for the Hate.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Color me Frank. I still believe he is the exact guy to lead us to a top notch program. It has taken awhile, and maybe I am still living off that final four run, but that run is significant in this way: we made that run with really only one bona fide scorer (I didn't count PJ, although through the run he was great). The rest was tough, in-your-face defense, which is Frank's MO.

I thought with the team we'd have coming back, we'd start a long run. Then, PJ left, and Felder got into trouble. Kotsar stagnated. I saw none of those things happening; maybe Frank could have done something - don't know what though. Nonetheless, Frank can get us back, starting next year.

Best news of the week, from this corner of Georgia.
My gosh fans are full of excuses. His job is to win not to make excuses why his team didn't win. For some reason the thought is we are gonna return a top 25 team. Really?

Bull ! They don't like him because he hasn't restored the proud name of men's basketball at Carolina (sarcastic). It's been 50 years since we mattered in basketball and getting to the final four ruined us because now we expect it every season. Well, it ain't gonna happen. Frank is the best we can get and the past 20 yrs. proves it as fact every coach since Frank Mc has failed. He's a good coach, but he's a different kind of coach, who knows how to win but some refuse to see how after the final four run that team was gone, a team HE recruited. We expect a miracle coach to come in and make us pretty overnight and that's a pipe dream no matter who is here it's going to take years unless you sign five or six 5* players at one time and they ain't out there waiting for a UofSC offer.
I disagree with that. There are several unemployed coaches I would take over Frank Martin right now. Mike Anderson. Proven coach that has gotten four programs consistently in the dance. I would even take Avery Johnson. I think Frank only beat him one time while he was at Alabama. Frank is a mediocre coach that had a great run. It happens. Kevin Ollie won a National Championship.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT