ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Martin has a job, At least a Temporary One

This is a win win for Frank. It keeps him out there and top of mind for job openings. It also opens up the possibility that he could do full time broadcasting if it continues to go well.

I wish Frank the best. I think the timing of his firing was poor. It may work out in the end. I’ll reserve judgement on if it were a good decision or not based on the next hire.

More than most Dem can say. Good for him for wanting to work. Gotta LOVE peeps that are driven to work. And not need or want someone else to take care of their families. It’s a great example of what he taught his kids everyday. Work hard.

More than most Dem can say. Good for him for wanting to work. Gotta LOVE peeps that are driven to work. And not need or want someone else to take care of their families. It’s a great example of what he taught his kids everyday. Work hard.
Nice way to ruin a thread. My gf has three family members on disability and food stamps. They are all conservatives and voted for Trump. None are disabled. Just lazy. So much for your analysis.

Nice way to ruin a thread. My gf has three family members on disability and food stamps. They are all conservatives and voted for Trump. None are disabled. Just lazy. So much for your analysis.
Some can't help themselves. You can't even be happy for a guy landing on his feet without some wanting to get in a jab based on their little political agenda.

My guess is if you sat down and had a political chat with Frank Martin, you would likely find he’s not on your political boat.

Hard to believe that all of the unemployed people are Democrats. Ever wonder why some of the richest individuals are die hard Republicans? It’s cute you think they really care about you though…..

And Frank is great at his TV gig. Although I thought he was going to get up and choke the ill prepared, know nothing simpletons, Candace Parker and Rex Chapman. They should have fired those two idiots at the first commercial break. I figure Frank still wants to coach, but he could have a pretty easy life on TV

And Frank is great at his TV gig. Although I thought he was going to get up and choke the ill prepared, know nothing simpletons, Candace Parker and Rex Chapman. They should have fired those two idiots at the first commercial break. I figure Frank still wants to coach, but he could have a pretty easy life on TV
You do know Candace is a regular on TNT Tuesday and NBA TV telecasts. You may like Martin, but he is the one with the Temporary gig on that set. People in the basketball community love Candace Parker. She’s going nowhere.

You do know Candace is a regular on TNT Tuesday and NBA TV telecasts. You may like Martin, but he is the one with the Temporary gig on that set. People in the basketball community love Candace Parker. She’s going nowhere.
But she wasn't prepared. She didn't even know some of the names of some of the players yesterday. Chapman was even worse. I know she played for UT once upon a time, but I suppose they need to play the woke game and run a woman onto the set.

But she wasn't prepared. She didn't even know some of the names of some of the players yesterday. Chapman was even worse. I know she played for UT once upon a time, but I suppose they need to play the woke game and run a woman onto the set.
That is one weakness as TNT uses a lot of their NBA staff for March Madness. Even Barkley lets you know up front he doesn’t know these guys. That’s why you have Clark Kellogg to balance the NBA guys off with the lead studio show. That is the purpose of Martin with the B studio show on TNT.. You are way off with the “Woke” sentiment. Parker has been doing NBA studio work for years. That is one reason she is on. Already under contract. Don’t have to pay anything extra.

You can think what you want..but woke is the reason. Same reason somebody rolled that idiot Chapman out there.

Reactions: Cybercock
You can think what you want..but woke is the reason. Same reason somebody rolled that idiot Chapman out there.
Woke when she had a job 4 years ago? Why can’t you admit that you don’t watch NBA and didn’t know. The TNT crew that have won Emmys love Candace and she does work with them all the time. You can think what you want as well, however, anyone that is educated about basketball, not just the college version of it, know that you don’t get much back up talking down on Candace Parker or Doris Burke.

Bob Huggins, who knows more basketball than any of them, is sitting on that panel and he hasn’t said a word. And they haven’t ask him anything.

Oh, and take a good look at Huggins. He looks like he is miserable. Probably thinking “what was I thinking when I agreed to this job?”

Oh, and take a good look at Huggins. He looks like he is miserable. Probably thinking “what was I thinking when I agreed to this job?”
Huggins looks like that all the time. That guy never looks happy and probably talking about tournament teams after he finished last in the Big 12 doesn’t make it any better.

True. Shouldn’t have took the job. You got to be a good yapper to sit at that table. He cares nothing about it.

This is a win win for Frank. It keeps him out there and top of mind for job openings. It also opens up the possibility that he could do full time broadcasting if it continues to go well.

I wish Frank the best. I think the timing of his firing was poor. It may work out in the end. I’ll reserve judgement on if it were a good decision or not based on the next hire.
honestly, I think we will end up in a dumpster fire and not because of Ray...USC has a bad rep with the treatment of coaches

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
What does Frank Martin on tv have to do with Trump? Are you harboring Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)?

honestly, I think we will end up in a dumpster fire and not because of Ray...USC has a bad rep with the treatment of coaches
Maybe, but I don’t see USC as treating Frank Martin bad. He got 10 years. You can’t keep losing and expect to keep your job because you are a good guy and well-liked in the coaching fraternity.

He seems like a good dude and I only wish him well. That final four run was my best memory as a Gamecock basketball fan. Over f'ing Duke, guys!

Seems like he would be very good as a commentator.

He seems like a good dude and I only wish him well. That final four run was my best memory as a Gamecock basketball fan. Over f'ing Duke, guys!

Seems like he would be very good as a commentator.
Man I agree. That entire month was just magic. I’ll never forget it and am forever thankful to get to see it. I went to every tournament game.

Reactions: taiwancock
Huggins looks like that all the time. That guy never looks happy and probably talking about tournament teams after he finished last in the Big 12 doesn’t make it any better.
Huggins looks like he is waiting for the bartender to give him his draft beer during the next commercial break.

Maybe, but I don’t see USC as treating Frank Martin bad. He got 10 years. You can’t keep losing and expect to keep your job because you are a good guy and well-liked in the coaching fraternity.
didn't lose...maybe didnt win enough...but didn't lose...He was not Darren Horn

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT