ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks vs Oklahoma game thread

And our offensive stat for the day:

Sellers was 16/24 for 175 yards and 1 TD with no INT'S. He also had 13 carries for 28 yards.

And our offensive stat for the day:

Sellers was 16/24 for 175 yards and 1 TD with no INT'S. He also had 13 carries for 28 yards.
OU had more total yards but with the big early lead and the way our defense was wreaking havoc, we were able to be fairly conservative on offense pretty much all day (though we did get aggressive at times like the last drive of the first half). Still room for improvement on offense but Sellers looks more confident with his passing.

Reactions: Lurker123
OU had more total yards but with the big early lead and the way our defense was wreaking havoc, we were able to be fairly conservative on offense pretty much all day (though we did get aggressive at times like the last drive of the first half). Still room for improvement on offense but Sellers looks more confident with his passing.

I agree. Looked like his pocket awareness is getting better and he isn't floating as many passes.

Great game. Congrats to the team and the coaching staff once again.

Conservative offense is obviously a good strategy when you have one of the best defenses in the country and a bunch of inexperience on the other side of the ball.

We had the reverse of this not too long ago when Rattler was at the helm and our defense was more conversative.

If the offense had even one more season of experience playing together, we would probably be a Top 10 team right now in the thick of the playoff hunt.

Last edited:
Great road win. This defense can play with anybody. I think we had 9 sacks by 9 different players. Need the offense to keep improving.

Yep. And the 9 different players part to me is very telling about how good our defensive coaching staff is. You occasionally see one player get a favorable matchup and go off for a few sacks. But when you see that many sacks spread across that many players, to me that speaks to the defensive scheme and playcalling.

Offense looked better, but still struggling to be consistent. At least they didn't lose the game for us. Zero turnovers alone is a huge improvement.

Reactions: PC31
Funny how the same people that cry 24/7 after a loss don't even have one good thing to say after dominating SEC road win.

Lmao

Mrs Satterfield after beating the worst offensive team in the SEC:
"Where is everybody? Time to nut hug!"

Mrs Sattarfield after a loss:
"I've been busy with things much more important than football for the last 2 weeks. Nobody is hiding from anything."

Reactions: uscwatson21
Liar. My absence started almost a week BEFORE the Ole Miss loss, not after. In case you don't remember, some stuff was going on around the southeast.

But at least the shit fans know who they are and can respond when called out.

The howling monkeys today. lol

cw6pea.jpg

Lmao

Mrs Satterfield after beating the worst offensive team in the SEC:
"Where is everybody? Time to nut hug!"

Mrs Sattarfield after a loss:
"I've been busy with things much more important than football for the last 2 weeks. Nobody is hiding from anything."

The chest pumping we're about to get for going 6-6 is going to be spectacular and embarrassing.

Liar. My absence started almost a week BEFORE the Ole Miss loss, not after. In case you don't remember, some stuff was going on around the southeast.

Lmao

How did I kbow you would try that as your first lame excuse?

That magical hurricane that only seemed to affect you,and no one else.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Bless your heart. Again, lying. Never said it only affected me. In fact, it was the complete opposite, which definitely impacted me.

Stupid to suggest that was even the reason. If I ran and "hid" a week before and after every loss, I'd never post. lol

The chest pumping we're about to get for going 6-6 is going to be spectacular and embarrassing.
I'd love to see 7 or more wins (lets get to 6 first) but I'm not gonna make any predictions. Great win yesterday but still have room for improvement in areas. We are battle tested at least. Hopefully we dont come off this bye week asleep like we did against Ole Miss. Vandy is definitely winnable. Wofford too obviously. The other 3 are gonna be challenges but if we play pissed off like we did yesterday we have a chance.

Not as embarrassing as someone claiming to be some superfan but refusing to send even $100 to buy better players and spending all your time 24/7/365 crying about how we can't beat teams with more money than us.

Bless your heart. Again, lying. Never said it only affected me. In fact, it was the complete opposite, which definitely impacted me.

Stupid to suggest that was even the reason. If I ran and "hid" a week before and after every loss, I'd never post. lol

We can all wish.

I'm sure you have a another ready made excuse, after the hurricane one blew up in your face.

It's very humorous that a poster who just got done running and hiding is trying to call out other posters now.

Pathetic but the usual for you.

Yep. And the 9 different players part to me is very telling about how good our defensive coaching staff is. You occasionally see one player get a favorable matchup and go off for a few sacks. But when you see that many sacks spread across that many players, to me that speaks to the defensive scheme and playcalling.

Offense looked better, but still struggling to be consistent. At least they didn't lose the game for us. Zero turnovers alone is a huge improvement.
I feel the same way about the offense. A little better but needs work of course. OL is still our big issue. Honestly once we got the 21 point lead I just wanted to stay conservative on offense and not mess it up. Don't give OU short fields so I was pleased with our play calling this week.

Not as embarrassing as someone claiming to be some superfan but refusing to send even $100 to buy better players and spending all your time 24/7/365 crying about how we can't beat teams with more money than us.

I will gladly send money when we hire a coach that can turn that money into more wins.

If Beamer had hired a competent offensive coordinator, we would be challenging for the playoffs right now.

I will gladly send money when we hire a coach that can turn that money into more wins.

If Beamer had hired a competent offensive coordinator, we would be challenging for the playoffs right now.

Don't you feel a little silly with these comments at this juncture?

You spend the entire year finding creative ways to bash a staff who has done as much as any in our history over a similar timeframe.

With the exception of UK, the SEC competition we've faced has 3-5x the amount of talent on the field as we have had.

This team has played good-to-great in every game this season with the exception of Ole Miss when Sanders was injured and Sellers was half-mast.

Yet, you can't muster anything good to say under the auspices of being a superfan who has our best interests at heart?

If you're focused on counting the number of wins, why not just go with a team like Liberty to practice your trade?

If things fall your way, you might be able to use all 10 fingers.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
With the exception of UK, the SEC competition we've faced has 3-5x the amount of talent on the field as we have had.

Why do you just make up stuff? The 247 composite rankings have ole miss at 21 and us at 22. That's essentially even and yet we weren't even competitive with them.

Frankly, none of the teams are 3-5x as talented as we are. That's an absurd notion.

Yet, you can't muster anything good to say under the auspices of being a superfan who has our best interests at heart?

If you're focused on counting the number of wins, why not just go with a team like Liberty to practice your trade?

I actually went to the University of South Carolina so I can't just switch teams like you can.

Why do you just make up stuff? The 247 composite rankings have ole miss at 21 and us at 22. That's essentially even and yet we weren't even competitive with them.

Frankly, none of the teams are 3-5x as talented as we are. That's an absurd notion.

I actually went to the University of South Carolina so I can't just switch teams like you can.

So that's your angle? I've posted the talent figures. Sad Troll.

Don't you feel a little silly with these comments at this juncture?

You spend the entire year finding creative ways to bash a staff who has done as much as any in our history over a similar timeframe.

This team has played good-to-great in every game this season with the exception of Ole Miss when Sanders was injured and Sellers was half-mast.

If things fall your way, you might be able to use all 10 fingers.

I think he is a butthurt Muschump fan. He defends him at any chance, something nobody could do the last 2 years of his tenure.

And he stated a while back that the "worst part" of Beamer getting fired would be that people who supported Beamer would shit on the new coach and not give him a chance. In other words, EXACTLY what he and the other howling monkey have done since day one. So you know that is how he "thinks". Of course, that is ridiculous. Most sane fans support the school/team/staff until there is a reason not to support them. Certainly NOT where we are with Beamer.

Beating Oklahoma in Norman must be KILLING THEM. Love it. Let me taste those tears. Mmmm Mmmm. Delicious.

Reactions: Ward Jr
And that wasn't just a win. That was a total ass whoopin'. Much like what Texas did to them. And Texas didn't face the 5 star QB either. Hawkins played the entire game against Texas. We probably would have beaten them by 60 if Hawkins had stayed in.

Most sane fans support the school/team/staff until there is a reason not to support them.

Most sane fans saw Muschamp as a colossul failure before he was even hired here, and saw that train wreck coming.

Just like most sane fans thought it was insane to hire a position coach with no experience for a head coaching job in the SEC.

I think he is a butthurt Muschump fan. He defends him at any chance, something nobody could do the last 2 years of his tenure.

And he stated a while back that the "worst part" of Beamer getting fired would be that people who supported Beamer would shit on the new coach and not give him a chance. In other words, EXACTLY what he and the other howling monkey have done since day one. So you know that is how he "thinks". Of course, that is ridiculous. Most sane fans support the school/team/staff until there is a reason not to support them. Certainly NOT where we are with Beamer.

Beating Oklahoma in Norman must be KILLING THEM. Love it. Let me taste those tears. Mmmm Mmmm. Delicious.

Are you now pretending that you weren’t a Muschamp fan up until the very end?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT