ADVERTISEMENT

Geno on Gamecocks/UCONN

Geno gets it. Love him or hate him, their teams play hard and I respect that. You don’t hear anything about their teams taking cheap shots after the whistle or when the refs aren’t looking. We expect a hard clean loud game tonight and hope the Lady Gs put on this best performance of the year tonight!!

Geno said it.. "Of course, winning this game in February also guarantees nothing.”
..unlike football where games like Alabama vs Auburn and Georgia vs Auburn guarantees something

....and that's why you dont expand the football playoffs

Geno said it.. "Of course, winning this game in February also guarantees nothing.”
..unlike football where games like Alabama vs Auburn and Georgia vs Auburn guarantees something

....and that's why you dont expand the football playoffs
What did the Auburn win against Alabama and Georgia guarantee them? What am I missing?

What did the Auburn win against Alabama and Georgia guarantee them? What am I missing?

it guaranteed Georgia, Auburn or Alabama, with a win the opportunity to continue to advance to the 4 team playoff

SC and UCONN will be in the playoffs regardless what happens tonight

it guaranteed Georgia, Auburn or Alabama, with a win the opportunity to continue to advance to the 4 team playoff

SC and UCONN will be in the playoffs regardless what happens tonight
The teams that lost in the games you referenced advanced to the 4 team playoff this year. The team that won didn't advance. A loss gave Georgia and Alabama the same opportunity you referenced above. I get what you're saying (these games are more important) but a loss in these games means very little if you win your other games.

The teams that lost in the games you referenced advanced to the 4 team playoff this year. The team that won didn't advance. A loss gave Georgia and Alabama the same opportunity you referenced above. I get what you're saying (these games are more important) but a loss in these games means very little if you win your other games.

Auburn lost to Georgia in Championship game...
i could recite many other games.. i mentioned 2 ... the fact is the regular season in football means more, is more exciting , all games are important

expand the football playoffs and regular season means less..

..... take SC , say they're ranked in say, top 3 in ranking in Nov......in an expanded playoff scenario .. they sit their star QB against Clemson or in the SEC championship for fear of injury.. how fun is that from a fan prospective.... and dont think it wouldnt happen for teams

Last edited:
Auburn lost to Georgia in Championship game...
i could recite many other games.. i mentioned 2 ... the fact is the regular season in football means more, is more exciting , all games are important

expand the football playoffs and regular season means less..

..... take SC , say they're ranked in say, top 3 in ranking in Nov......in an expanded playoff scenario .. they sit their star QB against Clemson or in the SEC championship for fear of injury.. how fun is that from a fan prospective.... and dont think it wouldnt happen for teams
I hear ya. This year in the SEC was a bit odd (not necessarily the norm).

Don't take the Bait. They're loaded and ready to Boat Race us in our own building again.
You are full of it... It will be a good game..if we shoot it well, we will win.. But I would feel more confident if we had Cuevas and Spann.. Nothing wrong with having great respect for UCONN... They have earned it.. But don't sell our program short... With all the injuries we are still 19-3... Good enough to beat any team

You are full of it... It will be a good game..if we shoot it well, we will win.. But I would feel more confident if we had Cuevas and Spann.. Nothing wrong with having great respect for UCONN... They have earned it.. But don't sell our program short... With all the injuries we are still 19-3... Good enough to beat any team
Turns out he is not full of it. This looks like a game where you lose by 30 and it wasn't as close as the score indicated.

USC is good. UCONN is great. USC is not as good as they were last year by a long shot. Yes injuries have hurt. Still not as talented as last year but still a good team. UCONN is better than last year... and last year they lost 1 game ... in the final four ... at the buzzer. Geno is the greatest coach of all time and 11 National Championships and losing only 2 games in the last 5 years is all the evidence you need.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT