ADVERTISEMENT

Gentlemen, we are so screwed.

Seapinescock

Mar 30, 2004
Kirby will more than likely go to UGA. Herman will stay at Houston.

It is looking more like Elliot may get the job. That is okay with me. We can save money on Elliot and spend good money on buying the best assistant coaches in the country.

Reactions: OBoTiger
Find it hard to believe Tanner, the outside firm and the committee have been sitting around doing nothing.

It is looking more like Elliot may get the job. That is okay with me. We can save money on Elliot and spend good money on buying the best assistant coaches in the country.

Just be patient and you just might end up with Chip Kelly after all the dust settles. No inside knowledge, but it could happen.

Find it hard to believe Tanner, the outside firm and the committee have been sitting around doing nothing.
They did nothing last year when we hired hoke and let the rest of the loser staff stay.

Not to mention bragging about underspending on recruiting.

Last edited:

Calm down and let it play out.

Yeah. And monkeys could fly............
People used to mock the notion that Holtz or Spurrier could end up at South Carolina, but both of those things happened.

This could very easily be Chip Kelly's last season in Philly yet Southern Cal could go in another direction. Jeff Fisher is considered a serious candidate and Clay Helton could end up in the job if he beats Stanford and wins the Pac 12. Meanwhile, LSU retained Les Miles and Chip Kelly is not even being mentioned as a serious candidate at UGA or Miami. So, it's really not that far-fetched. If Kelly wants to go back to college next year, South Carolina just might end up being the best job available to him.

What are you all saying. SC cursed. Are we (the fans) going to talk, pitiful now. This is what the enemies like (Clemson-Georgia)Clemson's no name coach is making a name. The fans are going to have to demand that the next coach bring back our power house. are the next coach would have to go. This is what Clemson and Georgia do.

What are you all saying. SC cursed. Are we (the fans) going to talk, pitiful now. This is what the enemies like (Clemson-Georgia)Clemson's no name coach is making a name. The fans are going to have to demand that the next coach bring back our power house. are the next coach would have to go. This is what Clemson and Georgia do.
But the FANS don't hire the HC. All we can do is bitch on MBs and NOT go to the games.

Reactions: caigmaster
End of the season dust has to settle a little on firings, and Elliott will not get the USC job regardless. Chip Kelly could be back in college coaching if fired by Philadelphia, but there have been indications for several weeks that the Titans want him as their HC to match up with Mariotta again. It would be the fit Kelly wanted all along. Be patient. It will all begin to play out this week.

2001blk-w800h800z1-26764-no-fedoras__71647_zoom.jpg

Reactions: jonesz21

If we are paying a search firm to help, and I'm sure we are, and we end up with Elliott, the search firm should be fired, and maybe Tanner as well. These retained search firms are guaranteed at least 2/3 of the fee even if the search is not completed, or is unsatisfactory.

No question mistakes were made- but let this play out.

It's easy to think we are going to get the short end of the stick in this hire, the way things have gone thus far.

It seems we aren't "in the mix" for the top guys. I get it.

But- you have to figure this hire will define Ray Tanner's legacy as an AD here. He won't screw this up. He's as invested in this program and even more so, than any of us on this board. His butt is literally on the line here.

It won't be Elliot.

He will hire the RIGHT guy, committee or not. I sense he may already be locked onto someone- but that's just speculation.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but I guarantee you Tanner is working as hard as he can to get the right guy. He has too much on the line to make a bad hire.

Relax and believe in Ray-

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT