ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we stayed away from Herman

Screen-Shot-2018-11-11-at-9.55.13-PM.png
Who is the author of this eloquent screed?

Response by Zach's ex-wife

Courtney Leigh
2 hours ago

"I feel the need to speak up about this latest issue with Zach and his accusations against a friend of mine. First off, please don’t believe anything he puts out there. He is completely untrustworthy and unstable and I should know since I’ve dealt with him for so long. His attacks against Tom and Michelle Herman aren’t really about Tom, but about Michelle and her friendship with me. He can’t attack her directly, so he has to use her family to try to hurt her.

To begin with, we became close after she left Ohio State and I felt more comfortable confiding in her because Tom was no longer Zach’s superior. At that point in 2015, I confided in her about the physical abuse, among other things that were going on. Because it was the right thing to do, she then passed that information onto Shelley Meyer. They cut off all contact with Zach and once Zach learned of her role in exposing things to Shelley, he became enraged with her. The threats against them began then and because he wanted to isolate me from anyone who could help, any contact with her fueled his rage even more. Michelle never backed down to him and was a constant source of support while I tried to piece my life back together. So much so, that she loaned me money over a year ago to stay in nursing school when I was drowning in legal debt from the divorce.

It is beyond unfair for them to face attacks for simply trying to ensure my safety and the safety of the people that were still on staff at OSU. Neither Michelle or Tom ever spoke to Brett McMurphy about anything that had to do with Zach. That lie was just another one of Zach’s delusions and an attempt by him to damage their reputation. I am the only person that has ever spoken to Brett. For the most part, they have simply remained supportive of my attempts to rebuild my life.

I feel terrible that Michelle has now become his target, but unfortunately that is usually the case for anyone who tries to intervene in domestic abuse situations. However, Michelle is one of the strongest people I know and I know she will carry on as always by caring for and supporting her family and being a great friend."

Interesting. I didn't see a denial about the affairs or the cocaine lines off a hookers belly.

Interesting. I didn't see a denial about the affairs or the cocaine lines off a hookers belly.

Last night I was fairly certain this was a case of where there is smoke there is fire. Though it’s clear Smith has major issues. But today I think it’s becoming clear who he is. He’s done absolutely nothing to show the proof he claims he has. I think he’s having a rough couple of days. Did he see these things? I’m guessing he probably did see some things. Smith is a scumbag and I imagine Herman must be a pretty big one to be his close pal for a couple of years back in the day. But does he have the proof? Doubt it. He’s just trying to tear someone down and if he doesn’t have proof the way he went about it pretty much killed any chance of anyone taking him seriously. Dude needs to get some help.

Deep down, I think the folks in Texas are nervous about this. Zach Smith is a wife-beating scumbag, but that doesn’t make everything he claims untrue.

I would just say, if he has pictures he should go ahead and produce the proof because no one is just going to take his word for it.

Also, if I’m Herman and he’s sending me this stuff and it’s not true, I would block him or not respond at all. Why encourage it? If I know there’s a kernel of truth in it, I don’t block him to keep the lines of communication open to hopefully try to control it. And yes, I would send someone to talk to him to try to shut him up.

@BattleshipTexas - I know you’re trying to put this in the best light, but aren’t you even a little worried? Are you that certain that Herman is a Boy Scout?

Deep down, I think the folks in Texas are nervous about this. Zach Smith is a wife-beating scumbag, but that doesn’t make everything he claims untrue.

I would just say, if he has pictures he should go ahead and produce the proof because no one is just going to take his word for it.

Also, if I’m Herman and he’s sending me this stuff and it’s not true, I would block him or not respond at all. Why encourage it? If I know there’s a kernel of truth in it, I don’t block him to keep the lines of communication open to hopefully try to control it. And yes, I would send someone to talk to him to try to shut him up.

BattleshipTexas - I know you’re trying to put this in the best light, but aren’t you even a little worried? Are you that certain that Herman is a Boy Scout?

There are so many things to worry about. This is so, so far down the list. None of us care if Herman sowed some wild oats back when he was an assistant coach. If he didn't assault anybody, I don't care what pictures anyone has of him and strippers or Chinese massage attendants. Smith is sending the world those Twitter messages, not specifically to Herman. That was the point of Okay. Cool. Hook'em. Basically saying he doesn't care, do your worst. Smith isn't even really mad at Herman, he is mad at Herman's wife who befriended Smith's ex-wife and helped her during the divorce. This is his way at getting back at Herman's wife. For the Herman's this is all old news, he has a beautiful wife that everyone around the team can see loves him. She is a nice person too to help this woman avoid this wife beater.

There are so many things to worry about. This is so, so far down the list. None of us care if Herman sowed some wild oats back when he was an assistant coach. If he didn't assault anybody, I don't care what pictures anyone has of him and strippers or Chinese massage attendants. Smith is sending the world those Twitter messages, not specifically to Herman. That was the point of Okay. Cool. Hook'em. Basically saying he doesn't care, do your worst. Smith isn't even really mad at Herman, he is mad at Herman's wife who befriended Smith's ex-wife and helped her during the divorce. This is his way at getting back at Herman's wife. For the Herman's this is all old news, he has a beautiful wife that everyone around the team can see loves him. She is a nice person too to help this woman avoid this wife beater.

Funny how 20 years ago some folks clutched their pearls and lost their minds over a Lewinksy in the Oval Office. Nowadays, a little infidelity seems to be no big deal.

Hookers...cocaine? No biggie. Just wild oats being sown, allegedly. Wonder if Herman has a morals clause in his contract should UT need to use it?

Reactions: lostcock and 92Pony
He’s at it again! This time going after Brett McMurphy and denying accusations of a racially charged conflict between him and a former WR.

Now players and former players from Ohio State are coming out to defend Zach Smith saying they witnessed the altercation and the story is completely false. Interesting.

If I’m Urban Meyer I’m making sure nobody on my team responds to anything related to this. Same with Tom Herman...

At the same time, that’s a strong accusation and if it is false, I’m glad some of the players came out and said so.

Funny how 20 years ago some folks clutched their pearls and lost their minds over a Lewinksy in the Oval Office. Nowadays, a little infidelity seems to be no big deal.

Hookers...cocaine? No biggie. Just wild oats being sown, allegedly. Wonder if Herman has a morals clause in his contract should UT need to use it?

All Texas coaching contracts have morals clauses for current behavior. You can't use those to look back to high school or whatever and criticize. Texas was well aware of all of this information before Herman was hired. A firm call Korn, Ferry billed as "organizational consultants" does background checks. They are very comprehensive. Herman's contract was actually held up almost a week to address "red flags" that Korn, Ferry brought up. Obviously it was some of this stuff. As for President Clinton, that was with an intern, a subordinate, seems like a very different situation. It was also more about the lying, where he looked at the camera and said "I did not have sex with that woman" and then later had to admit he dd. The lying to the American people was the scandal.

All Texas coaching contracts have morals clauses for current behavior. You can't use those to look back to high school or whatever and criticize. Texas was well aware of all of this information before Herman was hired. A firm call Korn, Ferry billed as "organizational consultants" does background checks. They are very comprehensive. Herman's contract was actually held up almost a week to address "red flags" that Korn, Ferry brought up. Obviously it was some of this stuff. As for President Clinton, that was with an intern, a subordinate, seems like a very different situation. It was also more about the lying, where he looked at the camera and said "I did not have sex with that woman" and then later had to admit he dd. The lying to the American people was the scandal.

Again, 20 years ago lying was a big deal. Now the guy in that office does it daily and about far more important matters.

I could see Jimbo using this for in living rooms all across Texas. “Ma’am, if you want you son to be influenced by an man who (allegedly) does lines of cocaine off of strippers, send him to Austin. If you prefer he have a more moral influence, we’d be happy to have him in College Station.”

Again, 20 years ago lying was a big deal. Now the guy in that office does it daily and about far more important matters.

I could see Jimbo using this for in living rooms all across Texas. “Ma’am, if you want you son to be influenced by an man who (allegedly) does lines of cocaine off of strippers, send him to Austin. If you prefer he have a more moral influence, we’d be happy to have him in College Station.”

Maybe Kliff Kingsbury or Lincoln Riley might use that. Jimbo has his own ethical and spousal issues to deal with.

Reactions: rogue cock

Don't tell Trump that lying to the American people is a scandal.

Thought he took the job and his wife decided the ambiance in Columbia was lacking at least that was the official line when he reneged.
Would love to see that "official line." First time I've heard it. The reasons were (officially) we lost to the Citadel and he didn't want that big of a rebuilding project....and (unofficially) UT let him know he was their next coach.

Would love to see that "official line." First time I've heard it. The reasons were (officially) we lost to the Citadel and he didn't want that big of a rebuilding project....and (unofficially) UT let him know he was their next coach.

Flirting with SC and LSU was the "incentive" that Herman used to get Texas to let him know that unofficially he would be next. Once Strong's team lost to Kansas, we all knew Herman was soon up.

Maybe Kliff Kingsbury or Lincoln Riley might use that. Jimbo has his own ethical and spousal issues to deal with.

Except I think Jimbo’s marital problem was his wife cheating on him. Recruits’ mamas can’t hold that against him. He can play the sympathy card.

The biggest thing about, and I’ve never had an axe to grind with him, is that Urban is probably the king dirt ball, and encourages these behavior(s) if he’s not involved his damn self. Look at UF and Hernandez for pete’s sake. Most likely though, he’ll come out smelling like roses....

From everything I've heard, Herman never took our offer. He strung us along for a while but it was clear that he had interests elsewhere. Once UT whispered in his ear, we were done. He always wanted that job. This is the first I've heard that his wife played a part of him not coming.

Reactions: rogue cock
Seems like at least one party would be threatening a libel and slander lawsuit by now. This thing is intense.

Not sure we missed anything with Herman. Would’ve taken Matt Campbell or Riley instead. If he wins at Texas, big whoop with an unlimited budget. They are likely a 8-4/9-3 team for the most part anymore. They lost to the Terps after all.

From everything I've heard, Herman never took our offer. He strung us along for a while but it was clear that he had interests elsewhere. Once UT whispered in his ear, we were done. He always wanted that job. This is the first I've heard that his wife played a part of him not coming.
Yet I've heard from some pretty cocksure people who assert that Tanner thought he was all but in the bag.

Yet I've heard from some pretty cocksure people who assert that Tanner thought he was all but in the bag.

That's the problem with a baseball coach as an AD. We need a hardnosed businessman as an AD.

I believe from all I've heard, from our end that was probably true. What he was whispering in UT's ear was obviously the same as what he was whispering in ours. We simply didn't know he was playing footsie with UT.

I believe from all I've heard, from our end that was probably true. What he was whispering in UT's ear was obviously the same as what he was whispering in ours. We simply didn't know he was playing footsie with UT.

Everyone in Texas knew, Houston people were apoplectic, if your AD didn't know, he needs better investigative sources when hiring.

Everyone in Texas knew, Houston people were apoplectic, if your AD didn't know, he needs better investigative sources when hiring.
At some point he knew....obviously. He started whispering sweet nothing's in Smart's ear pretty early....thus forcing UGAs break up with Richt. When it was us against UH, he felt pretty confident....but when the UT whispers started, I think both we and UH knew which suitor was going to win.

It's only a big deal if Brett Kavangh was there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT