ADVERTISEMENT

Glad you’re okay, Deebo.

I'm ok with him sitting out. But he should have been dismissed from the team and had to pay back 8% of his final scholarship. And he certainly shouldn't have been dressed on the sideline like he was still part of the team, or like he actually cares about this team.

He had it backwards. It is the senior bowl he should have opted out of. He will not play enough to show case his talent. It's not unusual at all to opt out at senior bowl but it is unusual to not play when your team needs it's best offensive player. He hurt his wallet with that move I fear but I do wish the best for him. I think he slipped 1 to 2 rounds by not playing. Maybe 3rd or 4th round depending on a particular teams special teams needs.

Just asking ... not attacking. Didn't Clowney do exactly that? Haven't many other potential professional prospects also done that?
I don't know but, thought that I have heard about that, often, before.
If I remember correctly, you’re right. He did. My contention is simply that those berating Deebo for his decision should have Inquired about making the policy a reality.

I could get hit by a train on the way to work next week. I wonder if my boss will understand that I am afraid I will be hurt on the way there so I am deciding not to come? My project team will just have to go ahead without me. I'll let them know on Twitter!
I’d think his potential loss dollarwise is far greater than yours. If you get hurt on your way to work, I’ll risk assuming that you have company benefits and insurance to help out. What does an unemployed 20 year old black kid from Inman have? He came back for his senior season, had over 2000 career yards in receptions, and 1200 return yards. Personally I salute his contribution and wish him well.

That's just not accurate. He will be working out for scouts the entire week leading up to the Senior Bowl.

Why play sports at all if u are scared that u will get hurt? I got news for Debo he will have to work for a living.

And don’t worry about the other fellows. They understand. Making money is more important than anything else in life. Right?

Playing the Devil's Advocate, one could argue he felt betrayed by the lack of fan support exhibited at the Akron game so why bother playing again. The only thing I would have done differently as a head coach would have been to thank the individual for all he has done for the team but then informed him he would not be traveling with the team nor be allowed on the sidelines should he make the trip on his own. I think seeing him on the sidelines by players that were giving it their all, knowing they would never step foot in the NFL, sends the wrong message.

Last edited:
Playing the Devil's Advocate, one could argue he felt betrayed by the lack of fan support exhibited at the Akron game. And to be honest, if I had a chance won a couple of millions dollars in Vegas, and was then allowed to risk it all for a bigger payday, I would still take the money (in hand) and run. Why would anyone risk losing their shot at playing in the NFL by playing in just another in a long line of forgettable bowl games. The only thing I would have done differently as a head coach would have been to thank the individual for all he has done for the team but then informed him he would not be traveling with the team nor be allowed on the sidelines should he make the trip on his own. I think seeing him on the sidelines by players that were giving it their all, knowing they would never step foot in the NFL, sends the wrong message.
He had no business on the sidelines what if someone would have been tackled into him and tore his ACL or something and cost him millions ? What a gamble he took.;) He should have bought a ticket like I did.

He had no business on the sidelines what if someone would have been tackled into him and tore his ACL or something and cost him millions ? What a gamble he took.;) He should have bought a ticket like I did.
Agreed. If he wanted to be there, he should have been up in the stands along with everyone else that decided their own career at USC was over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT