ADVERTISEMENT

Got Dang!

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
I totally forgot there was a basketball game last night! Am I wrong for not caring?

Looks like we scored 19 points in the 2nd half. Sounds like a rec league stat.

How much longer can this really go on?

If we beat Georgia next game, the extension will be announced the following Monday.
Heath did say tonight that everyone, including Frank is well aware that no tourney and Frank is gone. Hoping tourney means the big dance (vs NIT). The way we are playing, both appear to be a long shot.

it was the players fault, really listen to martins post game interview. he keeps blaming the players.
Isn't there a country song, "it ain't my fault"?

There are themes with the majority of his teams such as poor shooting, poor foul shooting and giving up easy buckets but it ain't his fault.

Reactions: USC 1992
The players just aren't very good, most of them. They try hard.
I disagree. Defense is out-of-alignment as Frank teaches life lessons, the schizophrenia of high tempo + passing at least three time to run our offense and playing too many guys with no discernable rotation created a disjointed team that doesn't work well together.

When Frank is calm and we play an actual 4 on the court, the team can have very good stretches of offense and defense.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I disagree. Defense is out-of-alignment as Frank teaches life lessons, the schizophrenia of high tempo + passing at least three time to run our offense and playing too many guys with no discernable rotation created a disjointed team that doesn't work well together.

When Frank is calm and we play an actual 4 on the court, the team can have very good stretches of offense and defense.
So, then, it's all on Frank, right? These same guys would glide into the Dance if Barnes or Pearl were coaching them, right?

Isn't there a country song, "it ain't my fault"?

There are themes with the majority of his teams such as poor shooting, poor foul shooting and giving up easy buckets but it ain't his fault.
Nah man that's Master P and Mystikal. It aint my fault

I totally forgot there was a basketball game last night! Am I wrong for not caring?

I saw our game while flipping through the channels and watched the end of the first half and the start of the second. The end of the first they looked good, hitting shots and playing solid defense. Then they came out of the locker room and looked completely pathetic. Never got a rebound, missed layups, and blew the lead in 4 minutes. I turned it off.

Lost badly to a team that didn't make a single 3.

Reactions: HI Cock
So, then, it's all on Frank, right? These same guys would glide into the Dance if Barnes or Pearl were coaching them, right?
I wouldn't say "glide" but I think the team makes the tournament if Barnes is coaching them. Pearl would have a completely different team.

I've been a big Frank supporter since he was hired. I think he's good for the University and for basketball. But I now think some new blood is what this program needs. Not sure who they would hire that would be an improvement...You know...because of our rich history in Men's Basketball

In the end the boss holds the bag. Who assembled this team? Are we at the end yet?

I've been a big Frank supporter since he was hired. I think he's good for the University and for basketball. But I now think some new blood is what this program needs. Not sure who they would hire that would be an improvement...You know...because of our rich history in Men's Basketball
Are his anger issues on the court a credit to the university? An SEC Now broadcaster was alluding to it recently.

Are his anger issues on the court a credit to the university? An SEC Now broadcaster was alluding to it recently.
Can you clarify what you mean by credit?

He has always been angry. He was well known for his tantrums when we hired him from K-State.

Reactions: psmith5532
To his credit he's been like that from day 1...and apparently his players don't mind it because (and I could be wrong) his players rarely opt in the transfer portal.
WE should mind especially when the broadcasters are talking about it.

Why should we give a crap what the broadcasters think? He's literally been doing this for over 15 years. If it was a huge problem he would have been gone a long time ago.
Maybe it’s related to recruiting or the lack of quality recruits.

Why should we give a crap what the broadcasters think? He's literally been doing this for over 15 years. If it was a huge problem he would have been gone a long time ago.
It's not an issue until you consistently put a product on the floor that is struggling for wins year after year.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Maybe it’s related to recruiting or the lack of quality recruits.
I actually think we have some athletes on the floor who could be extremely productive. My only beef with Frank is I personally don't think he brings the best out of the player. I think the current roster is a NCAA team but for some reason Frank can't coach these guys up. Extremely inconsistent and that's on coaching.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I actually think we have some athletes on the floor who could be extremely productive. My only beef with Frank is I personally don't think he brings the best out of the player. I think the current roster is a NCAA team but for some reason Frank can't coach these guys up. Extremely inconsistent and that's on coaching.
This

we have enough talent to make the NCAA tournament….. his substitution patterns are atrocious, and without saying names there’s a certain player that doesn’t need to be playing nearly as many minutes as he gets (if any). We’re talking about someone who can’t get a rebound when they’re in the first position on an opposing teams free-throw

Reactions: psmith5532
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT