ADVERTISEMENT

Haley will not devote resources to UGA vs USC game. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another fact to ponder. What the hell is Haley doing now? I understand the caution of evacuation form the coast but... why the one way decision on I26? I've got a friend in Florida confused on what she is trying to do. No where in Florida or Georgia are they doing something like that. It make's SC look stupid.

All you can go off of is facts. It's a fact that she made a decision to have the highway patrol support the Clempson Notre Dame game last year when it was apparent that Columbia was going to have massive problems with flooding.

I don't think anyone is pushing the game over what's going to happen to the coast. Most everyone is just trying to point out the implicit bias she's shown. The real test would have been if Clempson was playing a home game as well this weekend instead of up in Boston College.
There has to be cops all over the state. You can't have every cop go down to Columbia.

I saw a report early this morning that Matthew is going to be a cat 2 by the time it gets to Charleston and the cone is just covering the coast and inward a little bit. I hope Haley ends up looking like a fool over this.

I guess she should have reacted more like this, "Hey y'all we might get hit by a category four hurricane but don't worry I am going to make sure to have as just many resources at USC versus Georgia as I did at the Clemson versus Notre Dame game last year!" "GO COCKS!"

There has to be cops all over the state. You can't have every cop go down to Columbia.
'Cop' is a municipality and controlled by the county. Again, I don't think anyone is complaining about this. Unless there is an absolute disaster and there is mass looting going on... county/city cops will stay in their jurisdiction. The focus of the discussion is really the use of SCHP which is a state controlled police force. Something Haley has full control of.

Are you serious? SCHP responsibilities don't simply end with the interstate. HIGHWAY PATROL. Any SC highway is their jurisdiction as well. And the highways around Columbia were flooded and creating dangerous situations for those stupid enough to go out driving.

I can't believe I'm having this discussion. I'm glad my father and uncle are retired from the political **** show that is the SCHP. (Uncle was a highway patrol officer, my father was 'extremely high up' in the administration chain)
That's one of the reasons mentioned for moving our game to LSU last year. The officers were needed to help with the flood which makes sense.

As for USC' s stance on the hurricane, I'm glad they didn't make a discussion on Tuesday (for a game on Saturday). Apparently the Richland county officers are willing and able to help with the game, if needed. I'm sure they'll enjoy the extra pay, too.

I guess she should have reacted more like this, "Hey y'all we might get hit by a category four hurricane but don't worry I am going to make sure to have as just many resources at USC versus Georgia as I did at the Clemson versus Notre Dame game last year!" "GO COCKS!"
Sarcasm is only proving the point being made. Everything happening to the SC coast is theoretical. There was an actual disaster happening last year and she still chose to move forward with the Clempson Notre Dame game.

It's painfully apparent that she's currently overreacting right now. What's she's done with I26 is completely bonkers. If I had elderly family in Charleston and they needed assistance getting out of the area... she literally just tied my hands from helping out.

One thing I'll say about Haley, she needs a new sign language interpreter. That dude she has makes the weirdest faces when he signs.

Reactions: BigTomE
That's one of the reasons mentioned for moving our game to LSU last year. The officers were needed to help with the flood which makes sense.

As for USC' s stance on the hurricane, I'm glad they didn't make a discussion on Tuesday (for a game on Saturday). Apparently the Richland county officers are willing and able to help with the game, if needed. I'm sure they'll enjoy the extra pay, too.
Lexington wants to continue their speed traps coming down Charleston Highway too. So there's that.

When there is a hurricane evacuation along the Gulf Coast, the states establish contraflow on the interstates. I-65, I-55, and I-59 become one way, north. I-10 becomes a challenge, as Louisiana routes traffic eastbound, but Mississippi keeps I-10 going both ways. This way, Mississippi also directs traffic to minor north-south escape highways.

I was wondering how Lowcountry traffic is flowing inland from other routes, such as US-52 and SC-6.

Sarcasm is only proving the point being made. Everything happening to the SC coast is theoretical. There was an actual disaster happening last year and she still chose to move forward with the Clempson Notre Dame game.

It's painfully apparent that she's currently overreacting right now. What's she's done with I26 is completely bonkers. If I had elderly family in Charleston and they needed assistance getting out of the area... she literally just tied my hands from helping out.
And never was it projected to be a category 4 when it approached SC. Minimal cat3 at most.

When there is a hurricane evacuation along the Gulf Coast, the states establish contraflow on the interstates. I-65, I-55, and I-59 become one way, north. I-10 becomes a challenge, as Louisiana routes traffic eastbound, but Mississippi keeps I-10 going both ways. This way, Mississippi also directs traffic to minor north-south escape highways.

I was wondering how Lowcountry traffic is flowing inland from other routes, such as US-52 and SC-6.
US 52 was fine yesterday from what I was told. Had friends that left yesterday at2:30 and took that route.

One thing I'll say about Haley, she needs a new sign language interpreter. That dude she has makes the weirdest faces when he signs.

I can't stop watching the guy! I watch him so much that I don't even pay attention to what she is saying. I didn't realize it was possible to be over dramatic while signing.

Reactions: bogiecock

All routes out of Charleston were gridlocked yesterday, including secondary roads. The traffic seems to be much smoother today though. I think only the new residents got out of town yesterday because they didn't know any better. I also think the new residents were the ones in hysteria following Nikki's first press conference.

I saw a report early this morning that Matthew is going to be a cat 2 by the time it gets to Charleston and the cone is just covering the coast and inward a little bit. I hope Haley ends up looking like a fool over this.

The only person who looks like a fool is you.

There is a big difference between a Hurricane and the rain event that hit the state last year. As far as I know there was no storm surge or category 3 winds predicted to possibly hit Clemson, The Midlands, or Charleston last year. This is not sarcasm. It is an attempt to explain the difference in threat assessment to the I hate everything about Clemson crowd.

This board never ceases to amaze. Evacuating over a million people, and we have posters who genuinely believe there are decisions being made based on football rivalries and loyalties.
A million??? Really??? Not according to The State newspaper. So far there have been 175,000 evacuated and they are ending the I-26 lane reversals on Friday.

I can't stop watching the guy! I watch him so much that I don't even pay attention to what she is saying. I didn't realize it was possible to be over dramatic while signing.
Honestly I haven't watch but maybe he is trying to add emphasis to signed words through expression. Just a guess.

Reactions: BigTomE
There is a big difference between a Hurricane and the rain event that hit the state last year. As far as I know there was no storm surge or category 3 winds predicted to possibly hit Clemson, The Midlands, or Charleston last year. This is not sarcasm. It is an attempt to explain the difference in threat assessment to the I hate everything about Clemson crowd.
What about the 'anything negative about Clempson, i'm going to lump you into the stereotypical 'i hate everything about Clempson crowd' crowd'?

Honestly I haven't watch but maybe he is trying to add emphasis to signed words through expression. Just a guess.
Hearing you guys talk about this person... i start thinking about this.
giphy.gif

Are you serious? SCHP responsibilities don't simply end with the interstate. HIGHWAY PATROL. Any SC highway is their jurisdiction as well. And the highways around Columbia were flooded and creating dangerous situations for those stupid enough to go out driving.

I can't believe I'm having this discussion. I'm glad my father and uncle are retired from the political **** show that is the SCHP. (Uncle was a highway patrol officer, my father was 'extremely high up' in the administration chain)
Where in my post did I say the SCHP responsibilities end with the interstate??? Who do you think is going to handle the reversal of an entire interstate? But I do agree, I can't believe we're having this discussion. SCHP has a lot more important things to do right now than screw with a football game. I'm done.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Article/Nikki-Haley-will-not-devote-state-resources-to-assist-South-Caro-48028836?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=161005_180110_South Carolina Gamecocks&utm_content=Link

FGH. There would be extra troopers in the upstate that could help with the game. She didn't even apologize for not being able to help. At least the county and city police are going to help with the game. I hate Haley and can't wait til she leaves office.

Haley is a tater. I'm not surprised at her actions whatsoever.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Can't find anything , you got a link ?
Here ya go:

http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...s-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article39649428.html

Buzz Bites
▪ Gov. Nikki Haley was in Georgia when the historic rainstorm struck Columbia on Oct. 3-4. Haley left South Carolina for a Republican Governors Association’s retreat in Sea Island after giving a media briefing about the threat of flooding at the S.C. Emergency Management Center on Oct. 2, her office said. The retreat draws large donors to the association. She returned to South Carolina about noon Oct. 4. “Gov. Haley has been working on the flood all day, every day, since before it began,” said Rob Godfrey, Haley’s deputy chief of staff.

Another report:

http://www.fitsnews.com/2015/10/18/btw-nikki-haley-was-in-georgia-during-floodmaggedon/

I hope the storm weakens and stays out to sea because it will save lives, property, money and a whole bunch of hassle.

Again, making this political or sports related reflects a very sad priority list for you.

Well, here is the thing. They both can occur without more risk than there already is going to be.
True, but it is never the Governor's responsibility to ensure a football game is played, especially in event of a probably natural disaster. Working football games is not part of the trooper's or other officer's job description. They are "off-duty" and hired and paid by the university to help with such events. That is why Haley says she can't guarantee law enforcement help...because they will be used to perform the duties they are paid to do. But I agree, the game can still be played as long as the safety of all involved is not compromised.

I was not bragging about the cost of my cousin's house. There were a couple of quempsum fans that jumped me for some reason and asked me about the house. I told them if they wanted to buy the house they could for $500,000. They are the ones that said I was bragging which I was not, they simply asked me about the house and again I told them it was for sell for $500,000 if they were interested (because I knew the red necks didn't have the money). Then they started low rating my cousin living in the red light district and I lit in on them like white on rice. And one or two of them got banned for some of their uncalled for remarks. Every now and then one or two of them will re-join the board under a different username and I have to bust them again.

That thread was started a couple of years ago. I just find it strange that anyone would remember what the cost of my cousin's house was, that's all.
Wasn't that the tater that also said he would fight you in the parking lot with all his sissy tater friends getting his back...

Bragging about all the money he didn't really have.

I remember that because I was giving him all kinds of hell punching gaping holes in his claims.

Chris Justus, Meteorologist
1 hr ·

Matthew is rapidly intensifying, or what we call "bombing out." Some morning models indicate we could have a pressure down near 920 something which would mean the storm could reach back to near Cat.5 strength. This is a monster folks and it will have major impacts on the east coast of it approaches like the models indicate. Please evacuate if you are near the coast from Palm Beach north to Charleston

have been moving plants, grills, outdoor furniture, hammocks, etc., for four hours

football and government officials have not crossed our minds

happy for those of you who are not at risk with this

might be a false alarm, but better safe than sorry

our neighborhood is deserted

good luck to all

Chris Justus, Meteorologist
1 hr ·

Matthew is rapidly intensifying, or what we call "bombing out." Some morning models indicate we could have a pressure down near 920 something which would mean the storm could reach back to near Cat.5 strength. This is a monster folks and it will have major impacts on the east coast of it approaches like the models indicate. Please evacuate if you are near the coast from Palm Beach north to Charleston
Prior to hitting Florida.....not South Carolina. Pretty much everyone agrees that Florida from Broward County up is going to take the brunt of this hurricane.

have been moving plants, grills, outdoor furniture, hammocks, etc., for four hours

good luck to all
Be safe, some coworkers family in Beaufort came all the way up to Charlotte yesterday. I hope you have some place to head to instead of shelling out for a hotel inland.

good luck to all
Did most of that yesterday. Quite a few people are still hanging around Bluffton....somewhat surprisingly. Nothing is open though...not even the liquor stores.

Wasn't that the tater that also said he would fight you in the parking lot with all his sissy tater friends getting his back...

Bragging about all the money he didn't really have.

I remember that because I was giving him all kinds of hell punching gaping holes in his claims.
LOL. If you EVER catch me taking the internet that seriously, I'll let you whip my tail in front on my kids in the WB parking lot, because I'll deserve it. You got the wrong guy, fella. I remember the thread where Freddie was bragging about his cousin's house and the exact price--it was hysterical and impressively insecure. We're better than that, or at least we should be.

Reactions: Heyward1
You can't fix stupid
One can say some of you guys have a very naive understanding on how the government works. Politicians and government officials make parochial decisions all the time.

Haley's latest statement shows that she might have overreacted. Though you won't see her admit it.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/so...aley-updates-status-saturdays-gamecocks-game/

If she's truly focused on the evacuation of the SC coast, why is she even commenting on what the USC and Georgia ADs do for the game? Shouldn't she be focusing her priorities on other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT