ADVERTISEMENT

Haley will not devote resources to UGA vs USC game. Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Freddie. I hope you and yours are safe, and I also hope that one day you gain the wisdom required to delineate between the real world, and entertainment. Because right now, you appear incapable of distinguishing between the two, and it's embarrassing for any Gamecock with a functioning brain. I'll leave you to it.

Do not call yourself a Gamecock, because we know better.

Good lord at the tinfoil hats and black helicopters. Do you think that Clemson doesn't PAY to use the state plane, regardless of purpose? Do you think that they didn't use a state plane until Haley was in the governor's office, and she's doing a special favor for them? Do you think that USC graduate Mark Sanford didn't charter planes to Clemson for the same purpose? Do you think that other public institutions in other states don't charter planes for recruiting purposes from their state governments?

If you answered yes to any of those, uh...yeah.

I won't comment on the board of directors thing because I don't really know the politics, but I know that comparing last year's rainstorm and subsequent flooding (the large majority of which occurred AFTER Saturday's games) to this impending hurricane is a logical fallacy, and not a straight side-by-side comparison at all.

Godalmighty, this board is embarrassing sometimes.
What's more embarrassing are the so-called Gamecock fans who continuously defend Clemson on every Clemson post. It's fine if you don't agree with what's being said but when you come to their defense every single time then your allegiance gets questioned. I'm sure Clemson does pay to use that plane but our tax dollars paid for that plane. The University of South Carolina bought their own plane. Clemson should have to do the same.

The only thing that is thought provoking about this thread is how football can breed complete and utter ignorance from a some fans. There is absolutely no way Nikki Haley made her decision in spite of USC. You may or may not like her politics but to levy such a n attack is baseless and a thumb to the eye of the intelligent Carolina fan base.

Reactions: atl-cock
The only thing that is thought provoking about this thread is how football can breed complete and utter ignorance from a some fans. There is absolutely no way Nikki Haley made her decision in spite of USC. You may or may not like her politics but to levy such a n attack is baseless and a thumb to the eye of the intelligent Carolina fan base.

I can say that Haley bent over backwards to make sure quempsum played their game against ND, while Columbia and surrounding areas were flooding. However, for USC Haley made no concessions to help. Granted the safety of the citizens of SC come first, I agree 100%. However, all of the SC State Troopers are not being used in the evacuation. I am simply saying Haley is biased against USC.

I can say that Haley bent over backwards to make sure quempsum played their game against ND, while Columbia and surrounding areas were flooding. However, for USC Haley made no concessions to help. Granted the safety of the citizens of SC come first, I agree 100%. However, all of the SC State Troopers are not being used in the evacuation. I am simply saying Haley is biased against USC.
Freddy...for the last time. Columbia and other areas did not flood until Sunday. Also, you cannot compare the two situations. One was literally an emergency event. They didn't need extra troopers to keep folks off flooded roads until Sunday, whereas we need them on the roads NOW until the evacuation is lifted.

We get it, you hate the Governor. But at least if you're going to rant, have your facts straight.

Freddy...for the last time. Columbia and other areas did not flood until Sunday. Also, you cannot compare the two situations. One was literally an emergency event. They didn't need extra troopers to keep folks off flooded roads until Sunday, whereas we need them on the roads NOW until the evacuation is lifted.

We get it, you hate the Governor. But at least if you're going to rant, have your facts straight.

Oh yes, I hate the Governor, but I would like to have more details about the flooding in Columbia because one of our most popular posters had his home totally destroyed (I believe it was totally destroyed) due to the flooding. And I want to get first hand information from him as to how things unfolded in Columbia.

But, as I said somewhere in one of these posts, if it was raining the way it had to be raining that night in Columbia won't it make sense to anyone that flooding would occur and with the older infrastructure anyone with common sense would have to believe that dams could break and water lines could rupture. Why would any official, regardless of who the official may be not have to prepare for the worst for Columbia that night.

Last edited:
Oh yes, I hate the Governor, but I would like to have more details about the flooding in Columbia because one of our most popular posters had his home totally destroyed (I believe it was totally destroyed) due to the flooding. And I want to get first hand information from him as to how things unfolded in Columbia.

It is well documented that Gills Creek watershed did not flood until Sunday. I simply googled it to get the facts.

I am not arguing with you because I like you very much. But, please read the 2nd part of my post after I edited the message.

You live in freaking Marion NC (Hicksville) She is 'not YOUR governor. Worry about all the liberals ruining YOUR state. Congrats on McDowell County finally getting a Zaxby's, maybe soon you will get some high end dining like Applebees

Freddy...honestly your edit is coming across as simply trying to back track after your argument has been proven invalid, and as merely hindsight (re should have known damns would break). You're a nice guy, but there is no conspiracy. There is no bias. She did the right thing as far as SC is concerned, as a whole. No one could have predicted the devastation. Heck I lived in Charleston at the time and never expected the inland devastation that it had as compared to the minor bit closer to the coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: CockerStaniel
You live in freaking Marion NC (Hicksville) She is 'not YOUR governor. Worry about all the liberals ruining YOUR state. Congrats on McDowell County finally getting a Zaxby's, maybe soon you will get some high end dining like Applebees

For your information, we go to Charlotte and a lot of better places than any in SC. So, don't call McDowell County Hicksville. SC is so far behind NC that it isn't even funny. There is no comparison between the two states anymore. I wish there were because I was born and raised in Greenville, SC. I want to see SC prosper but it is a long way behind NC. Calling Marion Hickville is just plan stupid when we have far better roads, schools, etc than any town you want to name in SC. Our teachers make more money in NC than teachers in SC. And yes Haley is not my Governor praise God.

Freddy...honestly your edit is coming across as simply trying to back track after your argument has been proven invalid, and as merely hindsight (re should have known damns would break). You're a nice guy, but there is no conspiracy. There is no bias. She did the right thing as far as SC is concerned, as a whole. No one could have predicted the devastation. Heck I lived in Charleston at the time and never expected the inland devastation that it had as compared to the minor bit closer to the coast.

I'm not trying to back track I am simply stating facts as best as I can understand them and remember them I don't have all of the facts. Like I said, I want to hear from people who experienced the flooding in Columbia first hand.

Last edited:
Freddy...even first responders have repeatedly said that they never could have predicted what happened that Sunday. And it's their jobs to anticipate things like this. I don't think anyone's stories of Sunday's floods will be any different. Even my friend who was rescued from her roof has said she never could have predicted that.

Reactions: CockerStaniel
IT WAS A 1000 YEAR EVENT! THERE WAS NO WAY TO PREDICT THE DAMS BUSTING!!!

The infrastructures in SC were so old and with the rain coming, anyone with two brain cells in their head had to know there was a chance of the dams flooding, water pipes breaking, etc with the rain from the hurricane.

Freddy...even first responders have repeatedly said that they never could have predicted what happened that Sunday. And it's their jobs to anticipate things like this. I don't think anyone's stories of Sunday's floods will be any different. Even my friend who was rescued from her roof has said she never could have predicted that.

Well, thanks for that information.

For your information, we go to Charlotte and a lot of better places than any in SC. So, don't call McDowell County Hicksville. SC is so far behind NC that it isn't even funny. There is no comparison between the two states anymore. I wish there were because I was born and raised in Greenville, SC. I want to see SC prosper but it is a long way behind NC. Calling Marion Hickville is just plan stupid when we have far better roads, schools, etc than any town you want to name in SC. Our teachers make more money in NC than teachers in SC. And yes Haley is not my Governor praise God.

We lost our 10 acre pond that had been in hour family for over 69 years. 100 feet of a 1/4 mile dam was breached after we had completely drained the pond. The water rose to 4 feet above that dam before it broke. That pond was over 100 hundred years old. We watched the game Saturday night and smart people in the midlands stayed of the road so we didn't need the Troopers working the Clemson GAME!!! THIS IS VERY PERSONAL TO ME BECAUSE THE STATE REFUSED TO REBUILD THE ROAD AS A DAM IN AN EFFORT TO PREVENT FURTHER FLOODING IN THE FUTURE!

Our dam was in great shape. 30 feet at the top and over 70 feet at the bottom. The was just no way to stop that much water.

FBC, I grew up in NC and I know the state quite well, glad I'm not from "MACDOWELL" County since that's how your neighbors pronounce it. Lot of good people in McDowell County but sorry to inform you, you live in Hicksville baby! Your own county high school and home of the Titans has a whopping grad rate of 76% with 20% reaching Math proficiency, 56% English, proficiency and unfortunately 45% getting a free lunch. 14% of your county population has a college education and the median income for males is 26k a year, that's really raking it in. Lake James is really nice and 2 of your 3 golf courses really suck. BTW, I could get you lost in McDowell County

The infrastructures in SC were so old and with the rain coming, anyone with two brain cells in their head had to know there was a chance of the dams flooding, water pipes breaking, etc with the rain from the hurricane.

Sweet baby Jesus you are full potato.

Just walk away from the keyboard and come back and give it another shot tomorrow.

And another thing Fred, if you don't like a little orange around your site than try a PAID SITE! That might fix all your problems but I sure would miss the constant whining and worrying from you that gives me a free laugh anytime I see your post. Best of luck and prayers to all the Gamecocks and Tigers around the coast, hopefully this thing will veer off east

FBC, I grew up in NC and I know the state quite well, glad I'm not from "MACDOWELL" County since that's how your neighbors pronounce it. Lot of good people in McDowell County but sorry to inform you, you live in Hicksville baby! Your own county high school and home of the Titans has a whopping grad rate of 76% with 20% reaching Math proficiency, 56% English, proficiency and unfortunately 45% getting a free lunch. 14% of your county population has a college education and the median income for males is 26k a year, that's really raking it in. Lake James is really nice and 2 of your 3 golf courses really suck. BTW, I could get you lost in McDowell County

Number 1, I grew up in Greenville, SC and I don't believe those stats you quoted. Secondly, there is no place in McDowell County that I am afraid to walk at night where as there are very few places in Greenville, SC I would walk at night in this day and age. When I was growing up in Greenville things were different but not today. Thirdly, there is no way you could get me lost in McDowell County, no where no way. Marion is a quaint little town that has a lot of nice people and a lot of nice activities depending on one's interest. My gosh, there is much more to do in McDowell County outdoor wise that Greenville County. I will agree with you about our golf courses they are not much. But, we are easily within an hour, maybe less of snow skiing something that no place in SC has. There are also a lot of nice towns within a short drive of Marion, and the beautiful Blueridge Parkway, is less than an hour from my home.

The company where I worked for 40 years hires more professional employees than most companies in Greenville County. The plant where I worked is loaded with college graduates from quempsum and quite a number from USC. At one time there was a lot of USC graduates working at our plant.

As far as our high school is concerned it is a head and shoulder better than the high school I attended in Greenville. McDowell turns out more college bound students per year than my high school did every 5 years.

Again, I have traveled all over the state of SC and there is no better, well educated town in SC than McDowell County. It is not Hickville baby I can promise you that at least not compared to any place in SC. If you are driving down Hwy 221 in Rutherford County heading to SC it is embarrassing to cross the state line into SC. The roads looks like they should be in a 3rd World Country. And speaking of education, I will bet you a $1,000 to a doughnut hole that NC spends far more money per student than SC ever thought about.

Man, you are trying to argue a point you cannot win. Talk about Hickville, that could be said for the whole state of SC.

And another thing Fred, if you don't like a little orange around your site than try a PAID SITE! That might fix all your problems but I sure would miss the constant whining and worrying from you that gives me a free laugh anytime I see your post. Best of luck and prayers to all the Gamecocks and Tigers around the coast, hopefully this thing will veer off east

Oh I hate orange and I have been a member of the pay site but it isn't as much fun as the free site because I get to bust quempsum fan's ass all the time for free.

Sweet baby Jesus you are full potato.

Just walk away from the keyboard and come back and give it another shot tomorrow.

Will, I tell you what don't ever try and tell me what to do tater boy- speaking of full potatoes. I just have a lot of fun busting quempsum fans for the mere fun of it.

And what exactly would our brave state troopers have been doing Saturday night? Holding the dams in place with their special SCHP force fields so the wouldn't breach the next day?

Number 1, I grew up in Greenville, SC and I don't believe those stats you quoted. Secondly, there is no place in McDowell County that I am afraid to walk at night where as there are very few places in Greenville, SC I would walk at night in this day and age. When I was growing up in Greenville things were different but not today. Thirdly, there is no way you could get me lost in McDowell County, no where no way. Marion is a quaint little town that has a lot of nice people and a lot of nice activities depending on one's interest. My gosh, there is much more to do in McDowell County outdoor wise that Greenville County. I will agree with you about our golf courses they are not much. But, we are easily within an hour, maybe less of snow skiing something that no place in SC has. There are also a lot of nice towns within a short drive of Marion, and the beautiful Blueridge Parkway, is less than an hour from my home.

The company where I worked for 40 years hires more professional employees than most companies in Greenville County. The plant where I worked is loaded with college graduates from quempsum and quite a number from USC. At one time there was a lot of USC graduates working at our plant.

As far as our high school is concerned it is a head and shoulder better than the high school I attended in Greenville. McDowell turns out more college bound students per year than my high school did every 5 years.

Again, I have traveled all over the state of SC and there is no better, well educated town in SC than McDowell County. It is not Hickville baby I can promise you that at least not compared to any place in SC. If you are driving down Hwy 221 in Rutherford County heading to SC it is embarrassing to cross the state line into SC. The roads looks like they should be in a 3rd World Country. And speaking of education, I will bet you a $1,000 to a doughnut hole that NC spends far more money per student than SC ever thought about.

Man, you are trying to argue a point you cannot win. Talk about Hickville, that could be said for the whole state of SC.

I stayed up that Saturday night to watch the Clemson game and went to bed just after midnight. At 5:10 am my neighbor rang the doorbell to let us know we had rising water. By 6:00 am. I was at the neighbors as the water continued to rise, entering our house in torrents. Later, we were told that the Ft. Jackson dam had broken and our house had flooded as a result. We had to rebuild at our own expense. I am an expert on this flood and it's consequences.

Reactions: Titleist*
Yep Fred you're right, Greenville has nothing to compare with McDowell County NC with the likes of your plywood plant and intravenous bag plant, guess all those Rhodes Scholars you speak of are really challenged gluing all that stuff together.

I love these posters. We are literally evacuating half the state, taking the unprecented step of reversing interstates, uprooting half the damn state, and these fools are PO'd at the Governor for having Law Enforcement focus on the evacuation to save as many lives as possible, instead of working a damn football game.

That's a special kind of stupid.
Good post. U can't fix stupid.

Isn't it telling that you taters can freely come to FGF and post whatever the hell you want, with zero repercussions from the moderator. But, if any of us go to your free site and post anything remotely challenging clempson, we can immediately get banned. Silly taters...so insecure.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

Sorry Freddie...you're wrong about state spending on a per student basis. Hard to believe, but South Carolina spends over $1,000 more than North Carolina on an annual basis.

giphy.gif

But, as I said somewhere in one of these posts, if it was raining the way it had to be raining that night in Columbia won't it make sense to anyone that flooding would occur and with the older infrastructure anyone with common sense would have to believe that dams could break and water lines could rupture. Why would any official, regardless of who the official may be not have to prepare for the worst for Columbia that night.

FBC - there's no doubt you're a vociferous Gamecock - but I'm curious about this, you don't even live in South Carolina, you live well up into North Carolina east of Asheville.

At one time I was a little bit of a political junky myself - though not so much anymore; thus, I don't even know who, much less do I care who the Governor of NC is.

You have always been hard on Governor Haley (see above) - why? Why does/would it matter to you so much? It couldn't be just because she graduated from clemson, or is it?

OK, I realize that since she took office she's increased the state's budget for mental health more than $50 million, which obviously helps clemson fans more; but she also added more than 200 SCHP officers, which helps protect 'Carolina fans from those mud-wallowers when we're on the road - and in 2015 alone she increased funding for the University of South Carolina by nearly $16 million within her own 'executive budget'.

Her dealings with Darla Moore were purely political, which is what 'winner's' get to do - fire their opponents and appoint their supporters to jobs occupied at the 'pleasure' of the Governor, that WAS just 'politics'.

The wild stories about Haley 'loaning' clemson 'state planes' is old news (and bogus) ... clemson bought a used Citation last year for about $4 million then spent about $100K to spruce it up, completely service and renew its systems and have it repainted with their paw on the tail - clemson has their own plane and they pay its freight out of their own budgets.

All the stuff about Haley snubbing USC sending SCHP to the coast instead of having 'em work the 'Carolina-Georgia game was way outta' line ... a real-live HURRICANE is about to inflict major wind, water and flood damage on South Carolina from at least Daufuskie Island up to Edisto Beach, and the water damage all the way to Little River is going to be BAD. That ain't "if" it's "when".

I don't get it. I know you're a die-hard Gamecock but you're also either a Republican that hates women or a Democrat that hates Republicans. Either way you don't vote in SC, so why all the noise about Governor Haley? Just curious, 'cause SC's added thousands of 'union-wage' jobs on her watch (without the unions) ... and it's been pretty tough to manage things in America while she's been in charge. I don't care WHO she pulls for in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT