Who wins it?

• Watson

Votes: 113 50.4%
  • Henry

Votes: 82 36.6%
  • McCaffrey

Votes: 29 12.9%

• Total voters
Think Henry wins it, but I feel McCaffrey deserves it more. Only way i see him winning it is if Henry and Watson split East and South and McCaffrey wins the other regions outright.

Reactions: LazyIslander
Agreed that McCaffrey is most deserving. I think Henry wins it. Watson will be odds-on favorite next year for sure. Bleh...

Reactions: IrmoRed
As long as it's not Watson.....that's about the only thing we have on them. That, & we have 2 #1 draft picks.

Reactions: nikolas22
I hope mccaffrey wins it because he has 1800 rushing yard, 500 receiving and like 1000 return yards. If you break Barry sanders record you deserve a heisman.

Statistically I don't think Deshaun will win. His stats are great, but they are not record breaking like Henry and McCaffrey.

Watson may win it next year, but the other 2 showed out more to me. Mccaffrey is by far the most exciting to watch. Henry runs the ball when people stack 8 in the box. Watson has numbers like lots of dual threat QBs these days and is certainly no Cam Newton yet.....yet.

Can you name a player who has meant more to a their university the way McCaffrey has to Stanford?
So you don't think Watson has meant that much to Clemson? You take him off that team and Clemson likely loses 3 games. I would say that is a fairly meaningful.

McCaffrey is a great player but he is playing on a 2 loss team and he has not scored but something like 15 TDs which is a big reason they lost those 2 games. The other problems are he plays when nobody east of the Mississippi is awake and he is not a QB.

Henry is a great back playing behind the best offensive line in CF who is carrying the ball 30+ a game. Take him off that team what is the impact? They have so much talent I am not sure that it would have much at all. That is why I think Watson has the best argument.

Having said all of that Henry still wins it.

Reactions: talltater
McCaf in his last game runs,throws,and catches a TD. Hmmmmm what more can an offensive player do? Football gods please please send us a player like him!!!!!

I think they would have lost more than 3 without Watson. Their backup is a true fresh who struggles passing the ball, and a walkon that is worse than Cole Stoudt.

Would have lost LVille, FSU, ND, SC, and probably one more along the way.

Henry is great but do you really think they would struggle without him? Could just plug in the next 5 star RB they have. I'm sure next year they will have a beast back there just like this year.

QUOTE="Marionman1973, post: 1387205, member: 17490"]So you don't think Watson has meant that much to Clemson? You take him off that team and Clemson likely loses 3 games. I would say that is a fairly meaningful.

McCaffrey is a great player but he is playing on a 2 loss team and he has not scored but something like 15 TDs which is a big reason they lost those 2 games. The other problems are he plays when nobody east of the Mississippi is awake and he is not a QB.

Henry is a great back playing behind the best offensive line in CF who is carrying the ball 30+ a game. Take him off that team what is the impact? They have so much talent I am not sure that it would have much at all. That is why I think Watson has the best argument.

Having said all of that Henry still wins it.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think Watson has meant that much to Clemson? You take him off that team and Clemson likely loses 3 games. I would say that is a fairly meaningful.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I didn't say any of the other players didn't have a meaningful role on their teams. Watson is the best play on Clemsons team. There is absolutely no denying that. But he also has arguably the best single running back production wise, clemson has had in a long time. He also has great receivers, and an over achieving offensive line. Plus that defense man, just having the defense clemson has can give you a winning season. Watson is the glue that puts the team all together, but I feel that Bryant could have success in it as well if you take Watson out of the picture.

Same I think could be said for Bama, I mean lets be honest, if you give me 40+ carries behind Bama's line I think I could get 100 yards rushing. Let's just hope I don't fumble the ball...

But now let's make the case for McCaffrey's worth to his team
Rushing
He has 1847 yards rushing and 8 TDs
Receiving
He lead the team with 540 yards and had 4 TDs
Passing
39 yards passing for 2 TDs
Returning
He averaged 30 yards a return on kickoffs with a 98 yard TD return.
He broke Barry Sanders All Purpose yardage record, which Sanders won the heisman the year he set it. So that's my argument for him. [/COLOR]

Reactions: Marionman1973
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I didn't say any of the other players didn't have a meaningful role on their teams. Watson is the best play on Clemsons team. There is absolutely no denying that. But he also has arguably the best single running back production wise, clemson has had in a long time. He also has great receivers, and an over achieving offensive line. Plus that defense man, just having the defense clemson has can give you a winning season. Watson is the glue that puts the team all together, but I feel that Bryant could have success in it as well if you take Watson out of the picture.

Same I think could be said for Bama, I mean lets be honest, if you give me 40+ carries behind Bama's line I think I could get 100 yards rushing. Let's just hope I don't fumble the ball...

Rushing
Receiving
Passing
Returning
He broke Barry Sanders All Purpose yardage record, which Sanders won the heisman the year he set it. So that's my argument for him. [/COLOR]
McCaffrey is a great football player and yards are very good indicator of performance but TDs are the end all be all. Breaking Sanders all purpose yards is indeed nothing short of incredible BUT Sanders scored 37 TDs (McCaffrey scored 16 with one more game) in one less game. That is a pretty big difference in the most important stat category. Henry is pretty much a lock. .

So is the award to the best player in CF or the most valuable? Most valuable i could go with Watson. Best one of the other two.

Watson is going to win it. Some of these old voters won't get past the fact that he is QB of the number 1 ranked team.

He's on the number 1 team that's an underdog to the number 4 team. Go figure that.

That underdog team is favored to win it all... Including beating Bama.... So what's your point?

I think McCaffrey should win, but think Henry is gonna take it... Although rushing 45 times a game doesn't hurt adding the yards.

McCaffrey is a great football player and yards are very good indicator of performance but TDs are the end all be all. Breaking Sanders all purpose yards is indeed nothing short of incredible BUT Sanders scored 37 TDs (McCaffrey scored 16 with one more game) in one less game. That is a pretty big difference in the most important stat category. Henry is pretty much a lock. .
I agree I think Henry will win it, heck look whose record he just broke. He still is averaging 6 yards a carry with all those carries.

It's going to be a really tight one ~ any of the three could win it. I'll go with Watson just because he's on the #1 team and has the difference maker in all of their most important games...Henry runs behind the massive AL line so that might impact. McCaffrey is the most exciting and unique but most think he's currently in third place.

I take nothing away from Watson. Not only does he have all the physical tools but he is also very smart. He's in a system that fits him perfectly. But I'm pretty sure he's finishing third.

Rushing
Receiving
Passing
Returning
2700 of Barry Sander's yards were rushing yards. I think it's kind of crap to compare his amazing season with McCaffrey when 1100 of McCaffrey's come from return yards. just imho

2700 of Barry Sander's yards were rushing yards. I think it's kind of crap to compare his amazing season with McCaffrey when 1100 of McCaffrey's come from return yards. just imho

Barry Sanders rushed for 34 more touchdowns in 1988 than McCaffrey did this year.

Reactions: cp1275
Return and receiving good sir! Haha I agree though 2700 yards is more impressive

Reactions: cp1275
Watson is a game changer, especially now he seems to have recovered. He can affect and change the game more than the other two, if nothing more than the fact he touches it more. Henry is important to Bama, but I to think they have enough talent they could have plugged someone else in. I hope McCaffrey wins, but much as it pains me to say this, watson probably deserves it.

The award is for best player,not most meaningful to his team. Not only is Watson not the best player, he isn't even top 3. More proof of that will happen on NYE when Baker Mayfield shows out.

Watson will likely not win, but still think biggest impact player, best player college football. Anyone can run behind Alabama line though Henry is beast. Mccaffrey incredible talent, and put up some gaudy stats. Clemson without Watson not even close to same team. Stats do not always show that crucial play, pass, third down run for first down that changes game. I think winning goes into it too, not just individual stats. JMO

McCaf in his last game runs,throws,and catches a TD. Hmmmmm what more can an offensive player do? Football gods please please send us a player like him!!!!!

Not much!!! Sounds like a kid I once watched play against Wisconsin ... he ran for one, caught one and threw for three (and over 300 yards) - no picks, no fumbles, no problem! ' Carolina 34 Wisconsin 24

January 1, 2014

The 'Bama guy was money, I never saw the Stanford guy play, I've seen all of Watson I want to see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT