ADVERTISEMENT

Here is how we lost XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty simple. Bama has perfected working EVERY loophole within the system to bring in top tier talent. Clemson, to their credit hired Bama personnel and are now practicing the same tactics. Claiming bagman, and jobs and free vacations may very well be true but Clemson is not breaking the rules. I know that is hard for many of you to accept but the strategy put into place is to copy Bama. Go ahead and post the pictures of the kids with cash but let's face it, those photos are ancient and offer no tangible truths...........If there is one conspiracy that might have legs it is the funneling through the church but good luck with that one.....

Who cares XT ain't got chit on a GT. Vroooom

That sorry crowd was supporting their basketball teams. No recruit is going base his commitment on crowd size for a spring game. If the NCAA had enough foresight to investigate them the party would be over.
For real.. how can people not understand the small crowds at the Slring game this year? I WENT PERSONALLY JFTR... but it was a pretty sad showing from the fans...

People accurately mention the fact the FINAL FOUR GAME for our basketball team was the same day all the way across the country, but I haven't seen much mention lately of the fact they CHANGED THE TIME a couple days before as well! You can't tell me that had no impact on people- I am sure there was a certain number of people who may have been planning to go but decided not to or showed up late, or were COLLEGE AGED KIDS WHO LIKE TO SLEEP IN PAST NOON because you were out til 4AM partying the night before! Raise your hand if you did that when you were young?
-*jumps up and down raising his own hand*

I think the time change had as big of an impact as the final four crowd being in Arizona and Dallas, but all factors COMBINED (with the impact of back to back losing seasons and the worst possible end to last season imaginable...)- lead to an understandably small Spring game crowd.

All that said- it is APRIL. He hasn't signed a damn thing with clemzun! Everybody leaves taterville feeling like they should commit, this is a young impressionable young man with about 8 months to think about his decision before he gets to the point of when he had originally said he would make a decision. There is a whole season of football left to play, and I think this will be a surprisingly GOOD season for us! If we generate some excitement on the field, and keep on this kid- who knows who he will sign with! No need to crap our pants, trash him and ruin any chance of a future switch!

When Dabo was hired in 2008, I thought he was a clown, complete with hokey "all in" slogans and juvenile gimmicks. Guess what? I still believe that, but apparently that silliness appeals to these kids, so he gets great players. He was also smart enough to hire the man most responsible for their Natty, Chad Morris, who they've conveniently forgotten was ever there. Next he hired Venables, and ratcheted up that defense to a championship level. I don't think they're cheating at all, they're just kicking our butts in every sport. Now we can manufacture excuses for the facts, like blaming Spurrier for every game we lose for the next 20 seasons, as well as global warming, teen pregnancy rates, and world hunger, or we can all admit that we have a head coach who appears to be an awesome recruiter, which will take a good bit of time. Unfortunately, too many of us also believe that Muschamp and his staff are great molders of talent, tactical geniuses, and the second coming of Vince Lombardi's Green Bay staff, when in reality there is not too much to justify that line of thinking in his previous experience. Time will tell about Muschamp, but I, for one, seriously have my doubts about any sudden rise to gridiron glory, from what I've seen so far.

Last edited:
No, they're paying. That's true as the sun rising in the east. I've had student athletes tell me how it's done. And good for Clemson. Losing sucks.
If you know how they are doing it and have names and details, turn them into the NCAA. Let the chips fall where they may. If you don't, you are simply aiding and abetting them.

So explain Clemmons recruiting success before their national championship?

It was a pretty slow and steady ascension to be honest. Wins per season under Dabo have been 9, 6, 10, 11, 11, 10, 14, 14 and his recruiting classes have ranked (per Rivals) 39, 20, 8, 14, 14, 13, 4, 6, 22.

There's nothing there that's really eye popping. It's not like Hugh Freeze taking over and suddenly signing the #1 class in the country at Ole Miss. You could probably make a case that Dabo and company have actually out-performed those recruiting rankings.

Everything we do is within the confines of the rules. The same goes for Bama, FSU, tOSU, U of M, the U, USC (in recent years, the Reggie Bush fiasco now in the past), and Texas. Is it fair? No, but it it's within the rules. We don't do things like what Ole Miss did. That was actual cheating. If they wanted to get the players, they should have found loopholes like every one else.
Did you cheat in the 80s when the NCAA hammer came down with multiple year bowl and tv ban?

Reactions: YawnedBison
It's ok. At the end of the day FSU will cheat or do whatever it takes to be better than clempson. It only takes one team to stop anyone from winning anything. FSU was doing that most of the time and they aren't going to go away quietly.

Reactions: humble servant
When Dabo was hired in 2008, I thought he was a clown, complete with hokey "all in" slogans and juvenile gimmicks. Guess what? I still believe that, but apparently that silliness appeals to these kids, so he gets great players. He was also smart enough to hire the man most responsible for their Natty, Chad Morris, who they've conveniently forgotten was ever there. Next he hired Venables, and ratcheted up that defense to a championship level. I don't think they're cheating at all, they're just kicking our butts in every sport. Now we can manufacture excuses for the facts, like blaming Spurrier for every game we lose for the next 20 seasons, as well as global warming, teen pregnancy rates, and world hunger, or we can all admit that we have a head coach who appears to be an awesome recruiter, which will take a good bit of time. Unfortunately, too many of us also believe that Muschamp and his staff are great molders of talent, tactical geniuses, and the second coming of Vince Lombardi's Grren Bay staff, when in reality there is not too much to justify that line of thinking in his previous experience. Time will tell about Muschamp, but I, for one, seriously have my doubts about any sudden rise to gridiron glory, from what I've seen so far.

And the showing at the spring supports your thoughts.He had just as good if not better talent than clemson at UF and couldn't win....jmo

My explanation is they recruit relentlessly and they also have a process on how they do it. They virtually pioneered the social media game. Now everyone else is playing catch up. Small town to keep mama's boy out of trouble. Christian values and graduates players. Call it what you want but it sells.
With a bought police department. Remember the player that was arrested and the cop got hosed so badly he left town?
This program could be a made for Lifetime TV movie event.
If they can stomach these type of transgressions, then I feel sorry for them.
I guess the pure love of team and game is lost among the millions that never set foot in a classroom on campus.
We have ours too...but I believe a bigger majority attended and or graduated.
I respect CU, the university itself. But they are ok skirting the rules with no scruples. Oddly enough like Auburn, whom they are forever linked.

To be honest I think Dabo and staff work their ass off recruiting non stop. Now that Clemson has the national championship it will just become easier.

The only guy I can think of that might possibly work as hard or harder than Dabo at recruiting is Will Muschamp. Thank God we have him because Spurrier hated recruiting and set us back the last few years.

oh, that's too funny, took a long time to come up with that one huh ? it's ok, you have farmers on here bragging about basically pushing the limits of compliance whatever that means, so yes, what does that mean ? that person know something ? another cu fan bragging about watkins ILLEGAL drug use saying he should have smoked more. Yeah, whatever, enjoy this time it won't last forever, eventually that luck will run out and then we'll see how long daboo lasts.
Thanks! It was Potkins.

And they hear it from you, so with all that corroboration it must be true. But daily? Is Clemson the subject of conversation every day?
Yep! You don't know me or what I do and where I travel. And the Clempturds where I live are constantly in your face and obsessed like idiots. Hope I answered your comeback. Yes, daily!

Last edited:
When Dabo was hired in 2008, I thought he was a clown, complete with hokey "all in" slogans and juvenile gimmicks. Guess what? I still believe that, but apparently that silliness appeals to these kids, so he gets great players. He was also smart enough to hire the man most responsible for their Natty, Chad Morris, who they've conveniently forgotten was ever there. Next he hired Venables, and ratcheted up that defense to a championship level. I don't think they're cheating at all, they're just kicking our butts in every sport. Now we can manufacture excuses for the facts, like blaming Spurrier for every game we lose for the next 20 seasons, as well as global warming, teen pregnancy rates, and world hunger, or we can all admit that we have a head coach who appears to be an awesome recruiter, which will take a good bit of time. Unfortunately, too many of us also believe that Muschamp and his staff are great molders of talent, tactical geniuses, and the second coming of Vince Lombardi's Grren Bay staff, when in reality there is not too much to justify that line of thinking in his previous experience. Time will tell about Muschamp, but I, for one, seriously have my doubts about any sudden rise to gridiron glory, from what I've seen so far.

This is a good post for the most part (I totally agree about the "clown" description for Dabo & how that, apparently, appeals to young recruits, etc.) but you lost me when you said we "manufacture excuses by blaming Spurrier"! I DO blame Spurrier as much as credit Dabo for Clemson's present success - he had us dominating Clemson in every area - recruiting & on the field (remember - 5 in a row?) - and then just, all of a sudden, quit working on the job & turning the great majority of responsibility over to his son who NOBODY could work with or get along with - appointed him HEAD recruiter who had NO relationship with the high school coaches, etc. Had Spurrier resigned when HE quit working we were in a position to set up a new hire with a strong foundation & keep us going, but he let us sink back down for a new hire to have to rebuild. SO selfish & harmful and I give him LOADS of credit for helping Clemson. He was their MVP IMO! Now, as easy is recruiting is for them now - and why - I understand, but Xavier Thomas' announcement should raise some eyebrows because of how strange that played out. It'll never get any attention, however, because people "think" it's because Clemson was the Natty & we're struggling but I definitely think something a LOT more came down considering ALL things I've mentioned on another thread. Nevertheless, he's the enemy now and there're many other great players out there good coaches can develop. I believe Muschamp is on a dedicated mission and will get the job done for us. Would've LOVED having XT but he's where he wants to be & we'll be fine others who want to be Gamecocks. Go Cocks!

It's no more complicated than that...No need to romanticize or wrap it up in mystery...There is no mystery here...There is nothing we did wrong...Clemons won the Championship and a lot of kids want to jump on the bandwagon...

We will build a bandwagon of our own without Mr. Thomas

I agree with the "bandwagon" theory, but how did they go from a program headed nowhere 6 years ago to signing top recruiting classes and pulling in 5 star recruits. Go look at the Rivals rankings prior to
Them getting 5 stars isn't hard for me to believe now.

Getting 5 stars to commit super early (when XT said he was waiting) is hard for me to believe.

Nkemdiche committed early too. We'll see where XT ultimately lands.

Perry Noble and the new guy are huge clemson fans. I've heard Perry had or might still have unprecedented access to Clemson football. They say (rumor) they use "gifts to needy families" as a way to pay recruits.

"We’ve heard similar reports – as well as other allegations involving the colorful religious leader. Additionally, we are investigating reports of improper conduct involving Noble and the Clemson University football program."
https://www.fitsnews.com/2016/07/10/sc-mega-church-pastor-is-out/ This was written in 2016. Obviously it doesn't prove anything but people outside of SC fans have been thinking about this.

Lol at that one ^

Last edited:
Omg..can we stop.making excuses? I hate Clemson as much as anyone but all this talk about them having a bagman etc.is embarrassing.The fact is they are out recruiting us and it looks like they are outworking us. I hope Muschamp wins a thousand games here but the truth is.he didnt get it done at Florida and there is no comparison between sc and Florida as far as winning football is concerned. Hes not going to have players standing in line to come to USC like he did at UF..so lets stop making excuses and admit what Clemson has done after losing 5 in a row is a hell of a job. They decided it wouldnt happen again and did something about it while USC decided to hire a coach that couldnt get it done at Florida and no other D1 school was in a bidding war with us to hire...Hate away.

Clemson will be starting a QB that's never seen the stadium before, much less the field. No Mike Williams (no who you have on the bench isn't better than him and no they're not the next Mike Williams. Guy was a freak. Freaks don't come along often. Ask us.) your defense is even more depleted and lost its leadership. What's making everyone thing Clemson will make it back to the NC this year? Wishful hoping?

Clemson will be starting a QB that's never seen the stadium before, much less the field. No Mike Williams (no who you have on the bench isn't better than him and no they're not the next Mike Williams. Guy was a freak. Freaks don't come along often. Ask us.) your defense is even more depleted and lost its leadership. What's making everyone thing Clemson will make it back to the NC this year? Wishful hoping?
Defense may be the best that Venables has ever had. 4 and 5 stars all over the field. 5 deep at D tackle alone led by 2 guaranteed 1st rounders. No drop off whatsoever.

I will just say this. I am damn tired of losing on the football field. Either the athletic department better sack up or some will exit stage left. Brick walls do create headaches eventually.

I always though playing time was so important to most of these kids. Do you really see all of their QB`s staying? No way. I don`t know how they convince some of these kids to go there. I know - NC, all that stuff is impressive. Dabo appears to be the best salesman there is out there.

That's great and all tater, but look at your programs history of dirty recruiting and blatant cheating.
Our conspiracy theories aren't just out of thin air
Yes , your a more attractive team at the moment, but don't pretend your some squeaky clean, up and up team
Must be talking about 30-40 years ago along with most programs at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT