ADVERTISEMENT

Hillinski wavering?

He wants to enroll early. Stanford doesn’t allow players to enroll early.

The gist of Korn's update was that Stanford doesn't accept enrollees until February, and that after talking with Stanford, he is considering this as an option.

It’s all good bro !! Just some crazy stuff going on down there . Kinda glad I didn’t get to watch the debacle this weekend .

No I hear you on that for sure. I had a lady in the office that lost her house and whose neighbor (elderly lady) is still missing. Terrible stuff.

I was just saying that everything we discuss in terms of football is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. There's something that happens every day throughout the world that is worse than even our worst loss in football.

Stanford is a beautiful campus and the acceptance rate is about 5.1%.... So if offered, have to take a good long look...

But, Stanford is on the West Coast and in California... I thought the kid wanted to get away from the West Coast and California????

I have never seen so many people freak out when a kid gets an offer. I believe Ryan when he has said he`s coming here. I`m sure he wasn`t shocked when he got that offer or any other. Why put something out there like that when there`s no basis to it?

Korn's report of the Stanford Rivals site's comment on Hillinski's recruiting seems a little concerning.

Saw he got back on Twitter (off for football season) just to say he was honored and humbled to recieve an offer from Stanford. I’d imagine he received offers between the start of football and last week.

I’m sure he has to think about it. At the end of the day if a big reason he’s coming to SC is because he and his family don’t want to go back into the Pac12 stadiums then that hurts Stanford. But they’ve been back to WSU this season so perhaps that is changing over time. He said he was 110% after Kentucky loss. But Stanford is different. Good football team. Puts guys in NFL. Great education. Wouldn’t be shocked if they flip him. Especially when you see the doom and gloom of our season.
Dude, give it up.

I'm as alarmist as the next person, but he is not going to Stanford. He is coming here. That is not based on my opinion.

Stanford is a beautiful campus and the acceptance rate is about 5.1%.... So if offered, have to take a good long look...

But, Stanford is on the West Coast and in California... I thought the kid wanted to get away from the West Coast and California????

His family is moving here. His brother is going to be in med school.

Heads Carolina - Tails California... haha. Good song.

Dude, give it up.

Give what up? Making the point that when Stanford offers you have to consider? Pointing out the fact that he hasn’t acknowledged any offers during the season but pointed out he broke his silence to say he was offered by Stanford?

I didn’t say he was flipping. Just that I wouldn’t be shocked. If his reasons for choosing SC stay the same...then he will come here. But if those reasons change as time goes on, it could be interesting. Do I think he will come to SC? I pointed out he said he was 110% a few weeks before. So yes. That being said, I wouldn’t be shocked if Stanford could change his mind.

So what exactly should I give up? Care to add any thoughts to the conversation or just want to be a douche?

His decision as we all not is not really Football based . If that were the case we would be in deep trouble . He seems like a great kid and would love to see him here .. but on the flip side heard the same thing about Lorenzo Nunez , Connor Mitch , Bentley , Bmac , Chris Smelley , Joyner and even Garcia to an extinct . Nobody did cartwheels when Connor Shaw , Dylan Thompson or Phil Petty Commited . Don’t hang all your hopes on a Guy who has yet to take a D-1 Snap . His intangibles are off the chart and that’s what this team needs more than anything .

Reactions: jonesz21
His decision as we all not is not really Football based . If that were the case we would be in deep trouble . He seems like a great kid and would love to see him here .. but on the flip side heard the same thing about Lorenzo Nunez , Connor Mitch , Bentley , Bmac , Chris Smelley , Joyner and even Garcia to an extinct . Nobody did cartwheels when Connor Shaw , Dylan Thompson or Phil Petty Commited . Don’t hang all your hopes on a Guy who has yet to take a D-1 Snap . His intangibles are off the chart and that’s what this team needs more than anything .
4* galore right there - none took us to the heights we had hoped.

If he reads it, it'd be hard to blame him.
To think that a kid isn't coming to South Carolina because of posts on a message board is the height of stupidity. If he goes to Stanford, it will be because they're a better program than South Carolina and have been for the better part of a decade, which is insane considering they have zero fan support and considerable academic obstacles. It should embarrass us all.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Clemson is a much better judge of QB talent. We should just try to steal his recruits

To think that a kid isn't coming to South Carolina because of posts on a message board is the height of stupidity. If he goes to Stanford, it will be because they're a better program than South Carolina and have been for the better part of a decade, which is insane considering they have zero fan support and considerable academic obstacles. It should embarrass us all.
Not when everyone is talking about canning the coach that recruited him. This is a Muscamp/Werner recruit and half the talk on this board has been dumping the coach after just 3 years. I'd head elsewhere.

He was announcing his offers before the season and there was a little riff between him and the coaching staff (they may not have been related). But I think he said he just liked to acknowledge and announce it (maybe so he can get more likes/RT's, etc.).

I just think as a South Carolina fan, we all have a bit of "expect the worst, hope for the best" mentality. Hoping he sticks with his commitment, and really do expect him to.

He better hurry and decide, because he’s supposed to be going through Spring practice. We get one of these damn threads every time he receives another offer. He will be HERE this Spring...PERIOD.

Maybe its because it’s the best school in the country. Sorry, but if I had the chance it’d be a no brainer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT