ADVERTISEMENT

Holbrook is playing checkers in a chess match

DaddyRooster

Jul 7, 2008
I have never said anything bad about any of our coaches, but this series has been very disappointing.

Pulling Destino. Count on Chad to regularly make the wrong decision.

If you're a manager who wants to constantly give away outs by bunting you have no place in the modern game. I wouldn't hire Holbrook to manage a Wendy's. The terrible decision to allow his pitcher to throw hanging breaking ball after hanging breaking ball to their best hitter is simply a reflection of his inability to, seemingly, understand anything about the game or his team. His work this series has been stunning.

If you're a manager who wants to constantly give away outs by bunting you have no place in the modern game. I wouldn't hire Holbrook to manage a Wendy's. The terrible decision to allow his pitcher to throw hanging breaking ball after hanging breaking ball to their best hitter is simply a reflection of his inability to, seemingly, understand anything about the game or his team. His work this series has been stunning.
This whole series has been a circus of bad coaching, terrible awareness and awful execution. Monte Lee should have been hired when the opportunity arose. But even more than this garbage Holbrook has rolled out is a desire of all Clemson teams that just want to beat USC.

Reactions: wallycock
no bashers in this post, cause it is absolutely the truth. Tanner made him look bad from the booth yesterday. Called every play.

Reactions: Jordan328
no bashers in this post, cause it is absolutely the truth. Tanner made him look bad from the booth yesterday. Called every play.

Yea, I heard that too. Tanner has a depth of knowledge of the game that Holbrook does not have. Even with our talent he doesn't seem to understand the strengths and weaknesses of our team.

Pitching to Beer after getting to 3-0 count is...INSANE. I don't think you could find a little league coach, that would something that foolish.
Wanna bet we hear something along the lines of "I should've listened to my own advice" in the post game presser?

We're a national power in baseball and should be competing at the CWS every year. If a head coaching isn't getting that done he needs to go. Mentality toward the baseball team has to be much different than football or basketball.

My point is...I don't blame them for initially pitching to him. All he could do was tie the game! If you make some tough pitches to him, maybe he chases something and makes the final out. Once it was a 3-0 count, that strategy goes out the window. You have to WALK him.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
My point is...I don't blame them for initially pitching to him. All he could do was tie the game! If you make some tough pitches to him, maybe he chases something and makes the final out. Once it was a 3-0 count, that strategy goes out the window. You have to WALK him.
No doubt....I am dumbfounded that he would pitch to Beer in the first place, but not walking him after 2-0 or 3-0 is unexplainable. I can't imagine any coach not making the call to walk him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT