ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer does TX give Herman?

Sitting at 6-5 in his 4th year.

Not sure, but seems like they’ll need to give him the fourth year at least. (Strong only got three years). If you fire back to back coaches after only three years, I would imagine it might be hard to attract decent coaches with other options.

Btw, there is a fan in this thread who wants to beg for Muschamp to come back to Texas. Let’s hope that fan is the Texas AD.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/beg-mack-brown-to-come-back-139085717/

Not sure, but seems like they’ll need to give him the fourth year at least. (Strong only got three years). If you fire back to back coaches after only three years, I would imagine it might be hard to attract decent coaches with other options.

Btw, there is a fan in this thread who wants to beg for Muschamp to come back to Texas. Let’s hope that fan is the Texas AD.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/beg-mack-brown-to-come-back-139085717/
Holy shit..... That has to be Muschamp or this guy hasn't been paying attention.... Wow...

Reactions: Brace1
Herman will get it turned and have them in the playoffs within three years. I hate it, but I feel it.

Perhaps, but if I were given magical powers to pick a coach from the Big 12 to be USC’s next head coach, I would select Riley, Campbell, Rhule, and Patterson ahead of Herman.

Herman would benefit from Riley going to the NFL or Southern Cal and Campbell and Rhule getting bigger jobs in other conferences.

Perhaps, but if I were given magical powers to pick a coach from the Big 12 to be USC’s next head coach, I would select Riley, Campbell, Rhule, and Patterson ahead of Herman.

Herman would benefit from Riley going to the NFL or Southern Cal and Campbell and Rhule getting bigger jobs in other conferences.
Actually, I have moved on from him. But I think he'll succeed there. If he can't succeed there, he doesn't need a Power Five job anyplace. Perhaps the same logic should have been applied to our current head coach.

He’ll get more time, but not forever. He was fortunate to get a second shot at OU last year in the conf title game. Otherwise he’d be 0-3 against them instead of 1-3. They won’t put up losing the Red River Showdown every year.

He’ll get more time, but not forever. He was fortunate to get a second shot at OU last year in the conf title game. Otherwise he’d be 0-3 against them instead of 1-3. They won’t put up losing the Red River Showdown every year.

Texas lost the conference title game last year. Herman’s only win vs. OU was in the regular season last year.

He will be in a very warm seat next year. Unlike some schools, they arent afraid to make a move, and money is no object with them. If he doesnt have them contending for big things he will be out of there this time ne next year

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He will be in a very warm seat next year. Unlike some schools, they arent afraid to make a move, and money is no object with them. If he doesnt have them contending for big things he will be out of there this time ne next year
Not about “ being afraid “. It’s more about using sense when a change needs to be made or not.

Reactions: Slotreceiver
1) No to Tom Herman as a person or as a coach. So glad he's not at SC. Never happy he's at my second alma mater.
2) Money is no object to Texas, practically or impractically.
3) 6-6 next year I put 95% odds on Herman getting canned.
4) Cool. Hook 'Em.

Maybe Texas will “look carefully” into the trashy Herman allegations from Zach Smith now and fire him for a morals clause.

Man I wish we were disappointed by being 6-5 this year and at least winning a game against our rival.
The real question is does 6-6 next year get Muschamp canned or get him another raise/extension.

The real question is does 6-6 next year get Muschamp canned or get him another raise/extension.
Of all the season ticket holders, an "average" gamecock fan spends about $1500/year between Gamecock Club dues and their season tickets. The average is probably higher than this, but I think this represents an "average" spend where there are many thousands who do this every year.
So my take on buying out the contract is how can we afford not to fire Chump? If 12,000 people would say no to buying in to this BS next year (or 6000 staying home for 2 years), we could pay off the $18mm and "start over". It amazes me that we have this many people want to go see the product that we're putting on the field in year 4 of this coaching staff. Getting beat by App State at home more than offset the sugar-high we got from one big win (at UGA) in 4 years.

Of all the season ticket holders, an "average" gamecock fan spends about $1500/year between Gamecock Club dues and their season tickets. The average is probably higher than this, but I think this represents an "average" spend where there are many thousands who do this every year.
So my take on buying out the contract is how can we afford not to fire Chump? If 12,000 people would say no to buying in to this BS next year (or 6000 staying home for 2 years), we could pay off the $18mm and "start over". It amazes me that we have this many people want to go see the product that we're putting on the field in year 4 of this coaching staff. Getting beat by App State at home more than offset the sugar-high we got from one big win (at UGA) in 4 years.
How many games have you been to? People have been staying home. Except for Bama there are anywhere from 10k to 20k empty seats every game. And to think folks used to laugh at Clemson attendance figures.

I'm glad Herman didn't come here. Based on some credible sources, Herman was all but signed as our next HC UNTIL we lost to The Citadel at home. He thought the job was too much of a rebuild! Vagina

Reactions: kidrobinski
Laughing This was in the "Personal Life" section of Tom Herman's Wikipedia page. "Herman is a chut and is also a member of Mensa International."

Look up chut in urban dictionary.

Everything with Herman is scripted...watch how he poses for the camera on the sidelines and in his pressers his expressions looks canned, unnatural. You can tell just by looking at the guy he is a douche and a narcissist.

Actually, I have moved on from him. But I think he'll succeed there. If he can't succeed there, he doesn't need a Power Five job anyplace. Perhaps the same logic should have been applied to our current head coach.
And there lies the operative phrase.

If you think Herman is a ripoff, look at what A&M is locked up with. Never going to win more than 8 games a year in that division. Yeah, we'd accept that but not for $75 million.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Sitting at 6-5 in his 3rd year.
They won 10 games last year, made the Big XII title game, won the Sugar Bowl, finished ranked in the top 10, and had signature wins over Southern Cal, Oklahoma, and Georgia. So, by year 2, they appeared to be right on track.

Their fans are certainly not happy that the program regressed in year 3, but it's not like they haven't seen any signs of progress given how 2018 turned out.

How many games have you been to? People have been staying home. Except for Bama there are anywhere from 10k to 20k empty seats every game. And to think folks used to laugh at Clemson attendance figures.

To answer your question, my game attendance is spotty at best and is based 100% on what friends are there that I want to connect with. I don't go in the game most of the time (I surely don't buy a ticket any more) as I don't want to support this staff because I have not seen improvement in year 4 from this staff that I think we deserve for the money we're paying.
As for 10-20K empty seats, you're right, but there needs to be 40-50K empty seats.

I remember (early 90s) when the taters had about 40-50K at a game leaving about 40K empty seats. That stands out to everyone. The corners of the endzones and upper decks show, but we need more empty seats. That will work. Clemson's Admin did something. They fired the Head Coach (Hatfield), who by the way had a 32-13 record at CU in 4 years, and went 8-3 his last year, beating us at home and Kentucky in their bowl game. We might give a lifetime contract is Chump if he went 8-3, beat the taters, and won a bowl game in his year 4. But no, we won't even qualify for a bowl in year 4, all the while our admin & BOT are socializing with big $$. They both need to grow a set. And for our new Prez, well, he's not off to a glowing start on the athletics side either.

USC has passed "dumpster fire" status. There needs to be CHANGE and another 25K butts out of their seats would be a good start. Many of the ones not going now aren't season ticket holders. It's the regular money donors that need to quit going.

Reactions: Cock In Space
They won 10 games last year, made the Big XII title game, won the Sugar Bowl, finished ranked in the top 10, and had signature wins over Southern Cal, Oklahoma, and Georgia. So, by year 2, they appeared to be right on track.

Their fans are certainly not happy that the program regressed in year 3, but it's not like they haven't seen any signs of progress given how 2018 turned out.
Correct, but but the question revolves around the all-important 4th year. The 10 win season was great, but if year 4 is another 6 or 7 win season, the trajectory doesnt look good.

I'm glad Herman didn't come here. Based on some credible sources, Herman was all but signed as our next HC UNTIL we lost to The Citadel at home. He thought the job was too much of a rebuild! Vagina
Started to mention that several times, thought more folks would have remembered. Guess it’s cooler to just trash Tanner.

Muschamp ain’t Spurrier. Neither is Herman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT