ADVERTISEMENT

Well 2-4 is fun; Jamey Chadwell is 6-0 in yr 1, glad we didnt hire him!! UPDATE 2-5 is fun!

I agree with that. If Beamer flames out, I hope we go for him.

The timing may work out.

If this year shapes up like most of us are thinking, and with Rattler moving on, next season could be very similar.

You have to wonder if 2 good seasons at Liberty will be enough for us to pull the trigger

Reactions: gamecock stock
The timing may work out.

If this year shapes up like most of us are thinking, and with Rattler moving on, next season could be very similar.

You have to wonder if 2 good seasons at Liberty will be enough for us to pull the trigger

I dont think we will have a 2nd chance at him. If/when he wins the AAC at Liberty, the secret will be out and he will be pursued by more prolific schools than us.

I dont think we will have a 2nd chance at him. If/when he wins the AAC at Liberty, the secret will be out and he will be pursued by more prolific schools than us.

He will certainly elevate himself this year by once again succeeding when he took a step up.

I could see him at Libertybfor 2 years though, but not much more than that.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Secret? lol. So nobody noticed how great he was when his 2021 Coastal team was supposedly a top 15 team before going tits up to App St and Georgia St?

Secret? lol. So nobody noticed how great he was when his 2021 Coastal team was supposedly a top 15 team before going tits up to App St and Georgia St?
Lots did. But he was a regional guy. He spent 20 years coaching D2, FCS and G5 all in South Carolina. You think UCLA or Michigan St is gonna hire him when he has few recruiting ties outside of the Southeast?

Pay up, howling monkeys. No free rides.

monkey-money.gif

Our NIL is ranked higher than Missouri's. So this week should be no problem, right?

Lol

Don't you think the secret should have been out already?

It probably should have. I do find it odd that he has had success at every stop, and not had the people knocking on his door like others have.

Could be he is the one responsible too, if he is being picky.

It probably should have. I do find it odd that he has had success at every stop, and not had the people knocking on his door like others have.

I wonder about the effects of the NCAA issues at Charleston Southern. Liberty has an understandably redemptive aspect, having first hired Hugh Freeze.

Reactions: Lurker123

There was some hesitation bc NCAA got him at Charleston Southern for some petty stuff, Citadel folks got mad he beat em 4x in a row and snitched, but basically players would share books and use extra $$ from book stipend to buy headphones and stuff.

He also runs some option stuff, which is notorious for being disastrous in year 1 until players catch on, however, his teams havent had that year 1 problem.

I wonder about the effects of the NCAA issues at Charleston Southern. Liberty has an understandably redemptive aspect, having first hired Hugh Freeze.
The CSU stuff was absurd, but yes, some held it against him. In the NIL era it almost looks childish that the NCAA cared about what happened there

Reactions: bayrooster
The CSU stuff was absurd, but yes, some held it against him. In the NIL era it almost looks childish that the NCAA cared about what happened there
Their cart was before their horse. Timing is everything when it comes to almost anything, including compliance. Hey, look, I hope he gets his Power-Five chance soon and it works out for him. I mean that. I don't think we were wrong to give Beamer a chance though. Both his resume' and pedigree were strong, plus he had been instrumental in putting together one of the best rosters we have ever had.

Their cart was before their horse. Timing is everything when it comes to almost anything, including compliance. Hey, look, I hope he gets his Power-Five chance soon and it works out for him. I mean that. I don't think we were wrong to give Beamer a chance though. Both his resume' and pedigree were strong, plus he had been instrumental in putting together one of the best rosters we have ever had.

Yeah I was never anti-Beamer and Im still not I just believe we had a once in a generation chance to get a future star HC in our own backyard and we passed on him bc some had a bit of SEC arrogance thinking we were too good to take a G5 coach. We missed, hes gonna do great at Liberty just like he did everywhere else, than end up at Va Tech, West Virginia or somewhere similar and be a top 10 team.

Yeah I was never anti-Beamer and Im still not I just believe we had a once in a generation chance to get a future star HC in our own backyard and we passed on him bc some had a bit of SEC arrogance thinking we were too good to take a G5 coach. We missed, hes gonna do great at Liberty just like he did everywhere else, than end up at Va Tech, West Virginia or somewhere similar and be a top 10 team.
Best he avoid West Virginia. The reputation of the school is spiraling downward. Virginia Tech is more promising. I think the magnitude of the Muschamp debacle affected the search which followed. It wasn't about the SEC. It was about, if we can't get Smart or the boy that went to Florida, if we're going to have to roll the dice, we're not putting our chips on a G5 guy. Too much like pulling another Sparky, even though Sparky's record wasn't nearly as good.

It probably came down to an optics issue. USC is not the easiest place to be successful for any coach. If Chadwell were to have failed, it probably would have been a worse look for the AD than if Beamer were to fail.

It probably came down to an optics issue. USC is not the easiest place to be successful for any coach. If Chadwell were to have failed, it probably would have been a worse look for the AD than if Beamer were to fail.

This is the weirdest logic ever. Beamer failing just makes the administration look incompetent for hiring him.

This is the weirdest logic ever. Beamer failing just makes the administration look incompetent for hiring him.
It sounds accurate to me. Beamer worked under Spurrier at Carolina. was the assistant head coach at one of the best programs in the country and had his Dad's headwind.

He was one of like six guys at oklahoma with an associate head coach title.
It doesn't matter. He's talking about optics at South Carolina. The odds of a coach flourishing here are low. You can talk up Chadwell all day but no one has any idea how he would have performed recruiting in the lower half of the SEC and playing schedules like this year. Beamer was the better option between him and Chadwell from the admin perspective after the Muschamp mess.

It doesn't matter. He's talking about optics at South Carolina. The odds of a coach flourishing here are low. You can talk up Chadwell all day but no one has any idea how he would have performed recruiting in the lower half of the SEC and playing schedules like this year. Beamer was the better option between him and Chadwell from the admin perspective after the Muschamp mess.

I'm not sure I agree. Beamer had no coordinator experience, and most people outside of SC probably said "who? Beamer has a son?" When they heard about the hire.

But its water under the bridge now. I'm not sure Chadwell will still be available when the unemployment line "steals" Beamer away from us anyway.

Reactions: uscwatson21
After this weekend, it may officially be time to stoke up the how bad we are going to be in men's basketball discussions. Then there is also the ever popular Dawn needs to just shut the f up and coach discussions. You can almost set your calendar by them. In the spring we can move on to the its time to fire Kingston discussions. Tough time to be a Gamecock for sure y'all.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

Don't you think this just reflects poorly on the administration because Chadwell was clearly the better candidate?

No one was even willing to make Beamer and offensive coordinator.

10th in NIL in the SEC. You contribute nothing. At the point, you are getting more than you deserve.

Missouri is lower than us in NIL and recruiting.

But Watson is right on this one. Some posters were still saying we needed more time 4 and 5 years into Muschamps tenure. Of course, they changed their screen name when Beamer was hired.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Don't you think this just reflects poorly on the administration because Chadwell was clearly the better candidate?

No one was even willing to make Beamer and offensive coordinator.

In a couple years, do you think someone will hire Beamer as a coordinator?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT