ADVERTISEMENT

Well 2-4 is fun; Jamey Chadwell is 6-0 in yr 1, glad we didnt hire him!! UPDATE 2-5 is fun!

This again. Lots of the SECs best HCs had never coached in the SEC when they got hired. And Chadwell won championships at Charleston Southern, NGU, Coastal and soon Liberty….with players who were appropriate for those conferences. Its not like he had SEC players winning the Big South. He wins with players with talent levels generally the same as his opponents, at 3 different levels. Thats absolutely proof of a great coach. As they said about Bear Bryant, “he can beat yours with his, or beat his with yours”. And NGU, CSU and Coastal were all very average programs before he won championships with them.

And we passed on him, for a coach who had never even been a coordinator.
I certainly agree with what your saying...but you're also assuming we have sec caliber players. We consistently recruit at best middle of the sec pack and more often, bottom of the pack.

I certainly agree with what your saying...but you're also assuming we have sec caliber players. We consistently recruit at best middle of the sec pack and more often, bottom of the pack.
That’s a good point, but what kind of players did Charleston Southern recruit? Chadwell took them and beat Appalachian State in year one won two championships and took North Dakota State into overtime. He gets more out of his players than anybody.

Reactions: bayrooster
That’s a good point, but what kind of players did Charleston Southern recruit? Chadwell took them and beat Appalachian State in year one won two championships and took North Dakota State into overtime. He gets more out of his players than anybody.
Beamer by all accounts has brought in some great talent and can't do jack squat with them.

Power 5 successful Head Coaching experience has been the formula for any decent success at South Carolina for the past 55 years. Paul Dietzel won the ACC, Jim Carlen won 8 games (twice) for the first time ever in USC history and brought in a future Heisman Winner. Morrison won 10 games in 1984. Holtz won back to back Outback bowls over historical Power Ohio State. Spurrier Ied USC to 3 straight Top 10 finishes. Those without prior successful P5 Head Coaching experience were Bell, Woods, Scott, Muschamp and Beamer. If Beamer fails, I suspect we will go back to the proven formula and hire someone who had succeeded as a P5 Head Coach.

In the meantime, Missouri is a "must win" game for this year's team, imo.
As long as Tanner is AD, we will never go after anyone that was previously successful

What do you actually think Chadwell would do with this team?...Saban would win 4 games with this team.
After 3 years he would not have had THIS team, he won conference titles in year 3 everywhere hes been.

And Saban??? After 3 years he would have won the SEC here.

2-5 in your 3rd season is failure. Most of the Gamecock fanbase thought this team would win 7-8 games this season.

Success and failure will be judged on a lot of things at the end of the season, not 7 games into a front loaded schedule.

Good point. If mizzpu and a&m go badly, the team may not be very emotionally invested in the rest of the year.
I disagree. Injuries on the team has too much to do with our situation added with the lack of talent Muschamp left Beamer. Give him a NEW head coach understanding with one whose recruiting like high level scenario to build a high level program. Give Beamer a chance to build his career. He’s just getting started and with all the injuries, he’s doing a damn good job.

Reactions: GoCocksFight2021
I disagree. Injuries on the team has too much to do with our situation added with the lack of talent Muschamp left Beamer. Give him a NEW head coach understanding with one whose recruiting like high level scenario to build a high level program. Give Beamer a chance to build his career. He’s just getting started and with all the injuries, he’s doing a damn good job.

I disagree. I don't feel 2-5 is a "damn good job". Maybe in year one, but not year 3.

It’s looking more and more like Beamer won in year 1 and 2 because of Muschamps players, not in spite of

It’s looking more and more like Beamer won in year 1 and 2 because of Muschamps players, not in spite of

Tends to be the trend with Muschamp. He leaves enough talent for others to do well. I can't imagine what he would have done under NIL recruiting wise.

Shame he couldn't actually hire coordinators.

Tends to be the trend with Muschamp. He leaves enough talent for others to do well. I can't imagine what he would have done under NIL recruiting wise.

He emphasized social statement over coaching proficiency. Thomas Brown was the best offensive coach he brought in, but he wasn't here for long.

Muschamps achilles heel was he couldnt hit on a QB., here or Florida.

Just a thought: What if Muschamp had Spencer Rattler? Hes probably still our coach and would have 3-4 9+ win seasons by now

Reactions: uscwatson21
Muschamps achilles heel was he couldnt hit on a QB., here or Florida.

Just a thought: What if Muschamp had Spencer Rattler? Hes probably still our coach and would have 3-4 9+ win seasons by now

WRONG.

Muschamp had TWO QBs at Florida that were good enough to go on and be multiple NFL teams.

Last edited:
Bucs90 and uscwatson21 are the same poster trolling.

No way two different posters are that stupid for Muschump.

Beamer by all accounts has brought in some great talent and can't do jack squat with them.
Disagree....a smidgen of good players mixed in with lower tiered SEC talent. How many playmakers on this team that are on the level with guys like Alshon, Marcus, Stephon, or Jadeveon?
How many OL would start for other SEC teams?
Rattler can't win by himself. :oops:

If Beamer can't recruit/portal his way out of his talent void, he'll wind up getting fired regardless of how many asst. coaches he hires/fires. He desperately needs big time play makers on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: king ward
Disagree....a smidgen of good players mixed in with lower tiered SEC talent. How many playmakers on this team that are on the level with guys like Alshon, Marcus, Stephon, or Jadeveon?
How many OL would start for other SEC teams?
Rattler can't win by himself. :oops:

If Beamer can't recruit/portal his way out of his talent void, he'll wind up getting fired regardless of how many asst. coaches he hires/fires. He desperately needs big time play makers on both sides of the ball.
Inarguable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT