ADVERTISEMENT

I just watched..

Hey I don't hate him but Im smiling anyway...now lets see whats going on with the offense

....a tape from a local news crew of Jake after the game walking around fine with no limp. It appears Jake just has had enough and I have compassion for him. He's a good kid but just didn't have it for this level and I hope he finds peace.

I don’t hope for an injury for Jake, but in this case I truly hope is foot is broken. Lying about an injury would be a trashy way to run a program.

That said, with the injured list now at 10 days instead of 15 in baseball, players who aren’t performing well suddenly get phantom injuries with an accompanying 10 day vacation. So, maybe this is possible.

I don’t hope for an injury for Jake, but in this case I truly hope is foot is broken. Lying about an injury would be a trashy way to run a program.

That said, with the injured list now at 10 days instead of 15 in baseball, players who aren’t performing well suddenly get phantom injuries with an accompanying 10 day vacation. So, maybe this is possible.
I believe they did it for his mental health.

Yep...the video on The State's site. No limping whatsoever

If I were going to lie about in injury, I would pick something less verifiable. For example, shoulder stiffness in my throwing arm.

Of course, maybe it is not a football injury. Maybe he tripped and broke it after the game or broke it while kicking a trash can.

My guess is his foot is really broken. But, if his foot is NOT really broken then this is a job saving or avoid too much criticism move by the staff. Now, if we flounder to 2 or 3 wins that will be the excuse. Just like last year's injuries was the excuse.

Reactions: gamecockblack
My guess is his foot is really broken. But, if his foot is NOT really broken then this is a job saving or avoid too much criticism move by the staff. Now, if we flounder to 2 or 3 wins that will be the excuse. Just like last year's injuries was the excuse.

I’d say it’s more to protect Jake if it’s really not broken. Jake might be finished. Maybe they are giving him time to figure things out. Staff might feel best thing to do is play a Hilinski now...this would spare Jake from “getting benched” or from thinking about his future. This team had to & has to move on from Jake. I can’t see him ever taking another snap at SC. If he really isn’t hurt, this at least gives him time to consider his options 6 weeks down the road. End his career on the sideline for 5 games? Or enter the transfer portal?

I’d say it’s more to protect Jake if it’s really not broken. Jake might be finished. Maybe they are giving him time to figure things out. Staff might feel best thing to do is play a Hilinski now...this would spare Jake from “getting benched” or from thinking about his future. This team had to & has to move on from Jake. I can’t see him ever taking another snap at SC. If he really isn’t hurt, this at least gives him time to consider his options 6 weeks down the road. End his career on the sideline for 5 games? Or enter the transfer portal?

Could be. But what caused him to go downhill like this? He was better as a freshman and sophomore. Heck, he was better most of last year - and what about the Clemson game?

If Jake is just a head case then okay - maybe that has been the problem all along. Maybe the other players don't like him. Either way, I guess we will find out Saturday.

Could be. But what caused him to go downhill like this? He was better as a freshman and sophomore. Heck, he was better most of last year - and what about the Clemson game?

If Jake is just a head case then okay - maybe that has been the problem all along. Maybe the other players don't like him. Either way, I guess we will find out Saturday.

Coaching. This staff sucks

Then I am worried for Ryan.

I am too. If RH stays he’ll at least play for another staff for a couple of seasons. But as long as Will Muschamp and staff are here...you’ll see the best of RH this Saturday. I expect it to be good. But he won’t get better under this staff.

I think Jake’s biggest mistake was playing for Muschamp. I honestly won’t be shocked if he doesn’t land with an offensive-minded team...maybe in the MWC or something, and light up the stat book. Part of that would be competition, other part would be he’s not held back by a moron...I’d watch ever game and pull like hell for him. Keep in mind I believe a change at QB was needed. But I still believe this staff has Jake so screwed up...

When there's pressure, he loses it. When there's no pressure, he plays loose. There was no pressure against clemson. And not much was expected of a true freshman QB. Now the weight of the team is on his shoulders.

Reactions: boothkd
Kornblut said someone was saying he kicked a locker or something and hurt it after leaving the field.

When adrenaline is flowing people can ignore pain. It's later when things slow down and cool off that you feel it.
Not when you break your foot.
I've broke many bones and it hurts like hell.
Broken foot is even more painful due to the weight of the body on it.
If he really "broke" his foot you would be able to tell.

If I were going to lie about in injury, I would pick something less verifiable. For example, shoulder stiffness in my throwing arm.

Of course, maybe it is not a football injury. Maybe he tripped and broke it after the game or broke it while kicking a trash can.
For the sake of credibility, either he or they can break his foot anytime they need to.

Reactions: brookland tiger
False.

Posted this on another thread as well. I broke my foot in three places (ligament, tendon, and plantars plate; Bentley's I understand is a ligament as well) on the first point of a tennis match a couple years back and finished the match, although in some discomfort. Couldn't move real well but I wasn't limping at the end of the match either. It wasn't until after the two hour drive home when I couldn't walk that I realized something bad was wrong.

Reactions: cornstock84
False.

Posted this on another thread as well. I broke my foot in three places (ligament, tendon, and plantars plate; Bentley's I understand is a ligament as well) on the first point of a tennis match a couple years back and finished the match, although in some discomfort. Couldn't move real well but I wasn't limping at the end of the match either. It wasn't until after the two hour drive home when I couldn't walk that I realized something bad was wrong.

Don't believe it.

I've never broken my foot but did tear my ACL & cartilage on the racquetball court. I took a few minutes then finished the match. Thirty minutes later I wished I hadn't. To your point I was probably limping but I still played well (for my talent level, which was not great).

My wife runs marathons. While training a couple of years ago she fell and fractured her ankle badly. She drove herself home and did not plan to see a doctor until hours later, when it was swollen twice normal size. I believe he could have broken his foot during the game and not even realized it.

Best of luck to Jake. Hope he heals quickly.

Go Gamecocks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT