ADVERTISEMENT

I just watched..

It just seems very fishy . Nothing really mentioned in the post game injury report . Just very fishy

Yep and its not like this doesnt happen at all levels in some form. Ever watch QB1

"Rattler and his family originally claimed the quarterback was missing time because of an MCL injury, per AZ Central. Pinnacle’s game was slated to be broadcast on ESPNU, and Rattler’s father noted at the time that the school advised them to cite an injury as the reason for his absence."

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/08/spencer-rattler-qb1-what-do-happened-suspended/

Yep and its not like this doesnt happen at all levels in some form. Ever watch QB1

"Rattler and his family originally claimed the quarterback was missing time because of an MCL injury, per AZ Central. Pinnacle’s game was slated to be broadcast on ESPNU, and Rattler’s father noted at the time that the school advised them to cite an injury as the reason for his absence."

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/08/spencer-rattler-qb1-what-do-happened-suspended/

Yeah I pray this is not the case but it’s just weird . He Was walking around fine after the game , no mention in the initial injury report , Tons if pressure from fans to make a change , etc etc etc . You can criticize Jake for many things but his Toughness is certainly not one of them . The kid is tough as nails . That’s what makes me question this some much . Let’s me honest .. words like Fan Boycott are being thrown around for next week so what better way to spin the narrative and get people to come out than this . Hilinski will shred them and all the all the sheep will be pumped to come out and watch us “Upset Bama” the next week . If it’s a spin job then it’s genius . Sounds like something Vince McMahon would dream up .

I am too. If RH stays he’ll at least play for another staff for a couple of seasons. But as long as Will Muschamp and staff are here...you’ll see the best of RH this Saturday. I expect it to be good. But he won’t get better under this staff.

I think Jake’s biggest mistake was playing for Muschamp. I honestly won’t be shocked if he doesn’t land with an offensive-minded team...maybe in the MWC or something, and light up the stat book. Part of that would be competition, other part would be he’s not held back by a moron...I’d watch ever game and pull like hell for him. Keep in mind I believe a change at QB was needed. But I still believe this staff has Jake so screwed up...

If we have a coach and staff that are so incompetent that they are putting players in harms way simply because they can't coach and develop them properly (or won't do it because they are just collecting a check) then they can destroy the SC program. Or, at least, do what Darrin Horn did to the basketball program. Set it back 5 years. I'll wait and see how the next few games go, but if this season turns out to be a 4 win season or less then just to protect the players and the school the staff needs to go. All of them.

If we have a coach and staff that are so incompetent that they are putting players in harms way simply because they can't coach and develop them properly (or won't do it because they are just collecting a check) then they can destroy the SC program. Or, at least, do what Darrin Horn did to the basketball program. Set it back 5 years. I'll wait and see how the next few games go, but if this season turns out to be a 4 win season or less then just to protect the players and the school the staff needs to go. All of them.

I think Muschamp is at least bringing in some decent players. Difference in him and Horn is we probably aren’t as bad taken-wise but just poorly coached. Horn was both. Not to mention the SEC in basketball isn’t near as difficult as the SEC in football. Of course we aren’t beating UVA and UNC so...I do think we’ve lost any credibility we had under Spurrier. We aren’t quite the Carolina of old...but we are getting close.

I think Muschamp is at least bringing in some decent players. Difference in him and Horn is we probably aren’t as bad taken-wise but just poorly coached. Horn was both. Not to mention the SEC in basketball isn’t near as difficult as the SEC in football. Of course we aren’t beating UVA and UNC so...I do think we’ve lost any credibility we had under Spurrier. We aren’t quite the Carolina of old...but we are getting close.

If he stays I see lots of transfers and de-commitments. Those that stay will get worse.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
If he stays I see lots of transfers and de-commitments. Those that stay will get worse.

If transfer rules don’t change, I think you’ll see a lot either way. Part of the game now. I can deal with it if we make a change. Muschamp hasn’t recruited as well as we hoped. It still amazes me we have positions where we are thin after 3 full years.

If we win against CSU and App St then all of our toss up games ( UK, UT, Vandy, Mizzou, and UF)and Ryan looks good, we will be ok. This was a disappointing game but maybe the team will rally around the Freshman QB. As bad as we looked, our toss up teams looked equally bad. The season is up to out team. Ww have to coach to win and not to just not lose. We also have to play like we expect to win. Play with energy. I'm not giving up. Whether Muschamp made this decision or was forced to, this is our chance...

We've had QBs flake out on us before. A couple under Spurrier - but I've never seen it happen to a senior QB. And just after he attended the Peyton Manning Institute this past summer.

Peyton broke his foot trying to get to the rehab girl...

My guess is his foot is really broken. But, if his foot is NOT really broken then this is a job saving or avoid too much criticism move by the staff. Now, if we flounder to 2 or 3 wins that will be the excuse. Just like last year's injuries was the excuse.

No. You are quite insensitive . Suppose YOU were the coach who had won WAY more games than expected when you took over a sorry 3-win team. You win 6 games RIGHT AWAY--with a sorry set of talent that Spurrier's regime left you. No one believed in you and still the NEXT year, you bumped it up to NINE wins. Now, in year three, Don't you think you should get a BREAK if you slip down to 7 wins--especially when
you have 13 season-ending injuries JUST ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE ?
COME ON MAN !!

Compared what they were SAYING about you after Florida,
YOU OVERACHIEVED IN THE FIRST TWO YEARS at Carolina !!

I hate idiot gamecockers. Did you take time to realize that Muschamp has the ALL-TIME best win totals in the FIRST THREE years ??? No better Carolina coach EVER.
And he inherited a SORRY team.

Somebody needs to give Boom all those 6 years they gave SPURRIER !
Because if Boom should be fired, then SPURRIER should shi$ have been fired WAY more.

I'm giving M USC hamp until AFTER the 6th year JUST LIKE THEY GAVE SPURRIER.
Now,I'm tired of people talking sh#%#^t--without remember how far we've come since the ONE win days of 1991 and the ZERO win days of 1992.
People act like they are PRIVELEGED TO WIN THE SEC YESTERDAY.
If SPURRIER"S SORRY first 6 years could finally get better,
the M USC hamp can DO IT TOO ..

Last edited:
Reactions: GatorlandGamecock
I’d say it’s more to protect Jake if it’s really not broken. Jake might be finished. Maybe they are giving him time to figure things out. Staff might feel best thing to do is play a Hilinski now...this would spare Jake from “getting benched” or from thinking about his future. This team had to & has to move on from Jake. I can’t see him ever taking another snap at SC. If he really isn’t hurt, this at least gives him time to consider his options 6 weeks down the road. End his career on the sideline for 5 games? Or enter the transfer portal?
It would be interesting if he doesn’t play another snap at USC, but enters the transfer portal to try to salvage any remote possibility he had of playing pro.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
No. You are quite insensitive . Suppose YOU were the coach who had won WAY more games than expected when you took over a sorry 3-win team. You win 6 games RIGHT AWAY--with a sorry set of talent that Spurrier's regime left you. No one believed in you and still the NEXT year, you bumped it up to NINE wins. Now, in year three, Don't you think you should get a BREAK if you slip down to 7 wins--especially when
COME ON MAN !!

I hate idiot gamecockers. Did you take time to realize that Muschamp has the ALL-TIME best win totals in the FIRST THREE years ??? No better Carolina coach EVER.

Because if Boom should be fired, then SPURRIER should shi$ have been fired WAY more.

Now,I'm tired of people talking sh#%#^t--without remember how far we've come since the ONE win days of 1991 and the ZERO win days of 1992.
Lmao at the delusion. Muschamp isnt qualified to hold Spurriers jock strap. Its not a coincidence we looked better with Spurrier's recruits. Let me know when Muschamp beats someone in an upset like SOS did.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
COME ON MAN !!

They won't win 5 games this year. How will you feel then? Will you still be making excuses and rationalizing? Will you still be saying what a great coach he is?

I realize, of course, that I could be wrong and we might catch fire and win 6 or 7. It is possible that the problem has been Jake Bentley and with RH at QB we will get better. I hope that's true. I don't think it is true. What we are seeing is the same Muschamp that was a UF. He takes good players and turns them into mush.

But for the sake of the rest of the team, the school and the other coaches I hope that is the wrong analysis and that he's just had a long run of bad luck.

You ok Mrs Muschamp?
COME ON MAN !!

They won't win 5 games this year. How will you feel then? Will you still be making excuses and rationalizing? Will you still be saying what a great coach he is?

I realize, of course, that I could be wrong and we might catch fire and win 6 or 7. It is possible that the problem has been Jake Bentley and with RH at QB we will get better. I hope that's true. I don't think it is true. What we are seeing is the same Muschamp that was a UF. He takes good players and turns them into mush.

But for the sake of the rest of the team, the school and the other coaches I hope that is the wrong analysis
and that he's just had a long run of bad luck.
The first reason I am perPLEXED that you claim that Muschamp can't carry Spurrier's jockstrap is : LOOK HOW MANY SEASONS IT TOOK SPURRIER TO GO FROM THE 5-WIN TEAM HE INHERITED TO get to MORE THAN 7 WINS !!!
Muschamp started with LESS than Spurrier's 5 wins (3 wins) and went to NINE wins in the SECOND YEAR! !!

N E V E R T H E L E S S,

Wise, I bolded your writing. And firstly, I respect that you disagree, and you think Muschamp is a HORRIBLE coach.

But I ALSO respect that you said: If we win 6 or 7, then you will (be man enough to) realize Muschamp was BETTER than you gave him credit for.

We already lost one. So just remember that if Coach Muschamp gets us to 5 or more that'll be MORE than you are predicting !

BUT, if--toughest schedule and all-- Muschamp can't even get the 5 wins--
I WILL be MAN ENOUGH TO reevaluate my belief in him. Okay ?
A HANDSHAKE ON THAT.

The first reason I am perPLEXED that you claim that Muschamp can't carry Spurrier's jockstrap is : LOOK HOW MANY SEASONS IT TOOK SPURRIER TO GO FROM THE 5-WIN TEAM HE INHERITED TO get to MORE THAN 7 WINS !!!
Muschamp started with LESS than Spurrier's 5 wins (3 wins) and went to NINE wins in the SECOND YEAR! !!

N E V E R T H E L E S S,

Wise, I bolded your writing. And firstly, I respect that you disagree, and you think Muschamp is a HORRIBLE coach.

But I ALSO respect that you said: If we win 6 or 7, then you will (be man enough to) realize Muschamp was BETTER than you gave him credit for.

We already lost one. So just remember that if Coach Muschamp gets us to 5 or more that'll be MORE than you are predicting !

BUT, if--toughest schedule and all-- Muschamp can't even get the 5 wins--
I WILL be MAN ENOUGH TO reevaluate my belief in him. Okay ?
A HANDSHAKE ON THAT.
If you are perplexed as to why Muschamp cant hold Spurrier's jockstrap then there's probably no way for me to communicate with you.

Reactions: CCGC34
It just seems very fishy . Nothing really mentioned in the post game injury report . Just very fishy
I can confirm that Shi Smith and Edwards last spring game both said that Hilinski throws a much better ball.Heard it straight from those same people.Lets see what he can do but yes like Carolina4 said...this staff still sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT