ADVERTISEMENT

i told you guys, Jordan Speith = "Tiger who?"**

Not bad by Tiger since he hasn't played in several months.

Man I just came on here to congrat you on YOUR pick Thursday!!

You Da Man!!!!

The kid played awesome today, and he's only 21!!!

He'll be very interesting to watch for the next decade or so!!

Awesome pick my man, awesome pick!!!

Spieth's a great player but there will never be another Tiger. Probably Top 3 or 4 "Superstar Athlete" of all time. Only ones Id put ahead are MJ, Babe Ruth and Muhhamad Ali

Wow! You really went out on a limb on your call LMAO. Can I have your autograph? NOT!

Wow. You picked the odds on favorite to win. That is amazing! Literally every person in the world picked him to win

Originally posted by Gamecock Esquire:
Wow. You picked the odds on favorite to win. That is amazing! Literally every person in the world picked him to win
lol, haters. I didn't just pick him to win, I picked him to do so in "forget-Tiger-Woods" fashion, which now that he either owns or shares all of Tiger's records I think I was, oh what's that phrase?...

oh yeah, ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

This post was edited on 4/12 9:28 PM by CaliCock

Originally posted by jon#:
Spieth's a great player but there will never be another Tiger. Probably Top 3 or 4 "Superstar Athlete" of all time. Only ones Id put ahead are MJ, Babe Ruth and Muhhamad Ali
Is a golfer truly an "athlete" in the purest sense? Do the players on the USC men's golf team hit the weight room like the football players do??? Do they get out and run wind sprints and agility drills too?? Just wondering.

Spieth was amazing. Very happy for him & wish nothing but the

best for him.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:
Is a golfer truly an "athlete" in the purest sense? Do the players on the USC men's golf team hit the weight room like the football players do??? Do they get out and run wind sprints and agility drills too?? Just wondering.
Why in the hell would a golfer do agility drills? It seems like you're a asserting that golf isn't a real sport, which is laughable and not even worth acknowledging really. Tiger is one of the most recognizable figures in sports history. He's worth $600 million. He dominated his sport for a period of time like no one else has really ever done. One of the Top 10 athletes of all time, one of the Top 3-4 superstars of all time

Awesome performance. Tying Tiger's scoring record, but on a much more difficult course. Remember, it was Tiger-proofed after he won in '97...think they'll Jordan proof it, now?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Whether Woods ever breaks the records set by Nicklaus or not, he should forever be remembered as the golfer who changed the sport. All of the PGA courses were altered to keep him from winning every tournament. I remember Nicklaus condemned altering courses, and instead proposed altering the balls. The balls used at that time flew much farther than the ones Palmer and Nicklaus used in their prime, which enabled 300+ yard drives. I don't recall Palmer or Nicklaus ever hitting drives that far. The rest of the golfing world wanted no part of altering the ball to fly "shorter" distances for fear that interest in the game would decline. Why? How many of you want to play with a ball that shortens the distance on your shots, and adds strokes to your handicap? No one since Palmer and Nicklaus had created the interest in golf that Woods did, and the game's popularity (and cash flow) had never been higher. Even casual golfers like me were tuning in just to see what Tiger shot that day (kinda like checking the box scores to see how many Jordan scored in last night's game). His place in history has already been carved out regardless of how his career plays out from here.

Actually most golfers spend time in the weight room, running and other exercises. Of course they will never be in the same shape and conditioning as a 340 lb. offensive lineman but they are athletes.

Of course they are athletes! Look at all that walking they do. It's so grueling they can't even carry their own clubs.

Mental strength and the ability to keep that mind focus for 3-4 hours is far more difficult than the physical aspect of other sports.

I can hit 3s all day and kick 40 yard field goals all day and chase someone and tackle them all day. I couldn't do what those for half the time and be any good at it.

I wish the era of "Tiger Who" had arrived but like it or not he will be the golf story until he retires. But at least now they don't tape the leaders in order to show Tiger live anymore.

Tiger's cooked. Deservedly so,too. I think he will win more tournaments; maybe even a major but he shot himself in the foot and between the ears. Good riddance. While I'll admit he did a lot for the popularity of the game for a while, he's been horrible for it since '08.

Originally posted by CockIt75:
Mental strength and the ability to keep that mind focus for 3-4 hours is far more difficult than the physical aspect of other sports.

I can hit 3s all day and kick 40 yard field goals all day and chase someone and tackle them all day. I couldn't do what those for half the time and be any good at it.
But you're not doing this on a professional level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT